Monique 7

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
edited December 2016 in The Commons

She's finally here! =)

What do you guys think of her?

To me she seems to be a bit "mature" or older. Also, I'm not sure what I think of the stretch marks. They are subtle but still seems like an odd choice, imo. 

She's still a beautiful and realistic looking character. I like her! :D

*Edit - Please note that one of the items from her pro bundle isn't showing up as being part of the bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tisha-hd-for-monique-7 - However the pro bundle does have the same amount of items (11 items including 2 additional characters) that are in every other official "7 figure" pro bundle. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited December 2016

LOL, I was wondering who would post first. I've been waiting since for a character in this vain since I started messing with DAZ again last January. Given the frustration I have with the rendering the other characters to look like the DAZ Store ad copy I'm hoping Monique is easy to render like the DAZ Store ad copy. She's really pretty.

Even so, I knowing the coming Toon Generation 2 will be before Christmas means I will be waiting to buy the Monique Pro Bundle.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911
    edited December 2016

Looks like one of the pro bundle items isn't loading in the store yet http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tisha-hd-for-monique-7.

*Edit, now it's fixed.

Post edited by RobotHeadArt on
  • Has she got a boyfriend ???

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

Has she got a boyfriend ???

Yea - I'm a bit disappointed that Darius hasn't joined her, but as I'm paying to have my computer fixed and upgraded this week its probably just as well.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

The store page for Monique seems a bit off. The Starter Bundle lists five products, the usual 1 character, 1 hair, 1 poses and 2 outfits. Nothing strange there. But the Pro Bundle lists The Base Monique 7, the Starter Bundle and then only four additional products; 1 hair, 1 poses and two outfits. If that page is to be taken at face value, then there would be no Monique character in the starter bundle and the Pro bundle would probably be the worst in the history of Genesis 3.

• It looks like there's only one character in the bundles this time, and one outfit more to compensate.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2016

Bundles are disappointing IMO. I don't need poses. I don't need a big hair, there's Genesis 2 hair that can be used. Seems like there's not much in the bundles, outfits resemble other "woodland" type outfits. Margot Hair looks versatile and fun.

Post edited by Novica on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,714

She's finally here! =)

To me she seems to be a bit "mature" or older. Also, I'm not sure what I think of the stretch marks. They are subtle but still seems like an odd choice, imo. 

Grayish black skin went out with Generation 4; so, I don't know what's up with that, especially since there are more natural looking renders among her promos. Many to most non-white women have stretch marks (white women have them to but they are not easy to see with lighter skin) so this is for realism I would think. It's good to finally have her, but this is the first Pro Bundle I can remember with TEN rather than ELEVEN items included.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Novica said:

Bundles are disappointing IMO. I don't need poses. I don't need a big hair, there's Genesis 2 hair that can be used. Seems like there's not much in the bundles.

There is the same amount in her pro bundle that is in the other "7 figure" pro bundles. They all have 11 items. Please keep in mind that one of the items from her pro bundle isn't showing up: http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tisha-hd-for-monique-7

That character is in her pro bundle but isn't showing up as part of the bundle yet. I'm sure the glitch will be strightened out though. :)

It looks like there's only one character in the bundles this time, and one outfit more to compensate.

No, she has 11 items including 2 add on characters, like every "7 figure". One of the characters in the pro bundle isn't showing up on some of the product pages yet: http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tisha-hd-for-monique-7

xyer0 said:

She's finally here! =)

Grayish black skin went out with Generation 4; so, I don't know what's up with that, especially since there are more natural looking renders among her promos. Many to most non-white women have stretch marks (white women have them to but they are not easy to see with lighter skin) so this is for realism I would think. It's good to finally have her, but this is the first Pro Bundle I can remember with TEN rather than ELEVEN items included.

She has 11 items, just one of them isn't showing up on some of the product pages yet: http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tisha-hd-for-monique-7

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

It _looks_ like it's missing Land Walker Outfit for Genesis 3 Female, as a 'forever spinning' slab.  That makes 4 outfits, 2 hairs, 2 poses, 2 characters, and the base, exactly the same as most of the other G3F characters.

Frankly, it all looks solid for me.  Of course Darius isn't out, he'll probably be the back-half-of-the-month character.  And I like that (1) each character (male/female) appears to be getting their own release, and (2) the variety of outfits are awesome.  There's the 70's-style Go Go and Urban outfits, but there's also the two fantasy outfits, and none of it feels...forced, like the G2F equivalent did.  I like it.

--  Morgan

• ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209
    edited December 2016

Well at least she is depicted in a more urban setting......that was the reason for me not buying into the Monique 6 bundles........that swamp witch,queen of the jungle bla bla didn't float my boat at all, that's not how I see most african/american women. This however is a different piece of cake altogether. Self assured and in her time. Cool. 

Greets, ArtisanS

BTW, loose the Tarzan image......

Post edited by ArtisanS on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I've been desperate for a Monique 7 the entire year! (Monique 6 is my absolute favourite of the 6 line) My luck she turns up on off-money week LOL. Hoping to see lots of renders so I can live vicariously :)

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458
    edited December 2016

what do I think about the (pro) bundle? First, Monique 6 pro bundle was amazing. And yes, it was very stereotyped. Stereotype doesn't help about society, but I think it adds something in the DAZ type of store. The M6 outfits were superb, not always versatile but they ADD something to the store and give us some oportunities.

Now back to M7. The pro bundle is just slightly disco70's stereotyped. Well, really slightly. But the main outfits, 2 already-seen-forest-armors kind of things, are really disapointing. Same for hairs. I understand that it will be more and more difficult to DAZ to find new ideas for the outfits, but IMO, they should stick in the "stereotyped" strategy for their bundles. See Mei lin 7 pro bundle, Lee 7 PB, Ivan PB etc...very stereotyped and yet amazing. They ADD someting to your runtime.

In the other hand, monique 7 (the char) is very well done (a bit tall) especially the skin.

just my 2 cts

Post edited by boisselazon on
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

It _looks_ like it's missing Land Walker Outfit for Genesis 3 Female, as a 'forever spinning' slab.  That makes 4 outfits, 2 hairs, 2 poses, 2 characters, and the base, exactly the same as most of the other G3F characters.

Frankly, it all looks solid for me.  Of course Darius isn't out, he'll probably be the back-half-of-the-month character.  And I like that (1) each character (male/female) appears to be getting their own release, and (2) the variety of outfits are awesome.  There's the 70's-style Go Go and Urban outfits, but there's also the two fantasy outfits, and none of it feels...forced, like the G2F equivalent did.  I like it.

--  Morgan

I agree totally! I really love the Margo hair - SO CUTE! The Go Go outfit is really cool too! 60s and 70s style - heck yeah! Those Go Go boots, those sunglasses, those patterns! Awesome! Zeddicuss's Paradise poses are really pretty too!

edited December 2016

double post

Post edited by xyer0 on
    Novica said:

Bundles are disappointing IMO. I don't need poses. I don't need a big hair, there's Genesis 2 hair that can be used. Seems like there's not much in the bundles.

There is the same amount in her pro bundle that is in the other "7 figure" pro bundles. They all have 11 items. Please keep in mind that one of the items from her pro bundle isn't showing up: http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tisha-hd-for-monique-7

That character is in her pro bundle but isn't showing up as part of the bundle yet. I'm sure the glitch will be strightened out though. :)

Thanks. I see they got it straight. FWSA Tisha HD is stunning. They did a great job with her. The Margo Hair gives us some almost afro puffs, and we need as many black hairstyles as we can get; the more, the better.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Wow - she's beautiful, and Margot hair is really lovely. And I kind of like the Saucy Hair too!

I didn't like any of the bundles though, as I don't need another item like 'Land Walker Outfit' - I can always use Runes outfits for these things, so I just picked out the best parts. So in with the base figure, those hairs and Tisha. (And the Christmas Dinner, which was a bargain!)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 2016

I like her, but I have 5 issues with Silver's characters open (and have been for months), and one item returned; an additional one I have that I fixed by removing the included mat. Just to clarify, not only Silver is marked as PA so hard to be sure where the error should be laid, but it makes me wary about buying. It takes time to fix errors, and the one I returned after trying to track it down for hours, I couldn't, so returned. So it might not be Silver as the other PA not showing on the character this time.

It's getting annoying, it reduces the value of a bundle, and they are already pushing it unless one can use every single item.

One outfit is ok, not interested in any of the poses; and one of the hairs not so much - overall that makes it poor value to me.

Actually: http://www.daz3d.com/de-nadira-for-monique-7 is the best released today imo. I'm considering and have wishlisted another of their characters, but as don't have any, I'll probably just try one.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    scorpio said:

Yea - I'm a bit disappointed that Darius hasn't joined her, but as I'm paying to have my computer fixed and upgraded this week its probably just as well.

Darius is coming. He's coming on the 20th (two Tuesdays from now). His FBMs have been showing-up in some G3M products.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    scorpio said:

Darius is coming. He's coming on the 20th (two Tuesdays from now). His FBMs have been showing-up in some G3M products.

Exciting, I can't wait to see him. Monique looks lovely. If my DIM would let me in I'd be able to get a better look at her. 

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I've only had a brief look at her and have not looked at the bundled products at all as the budget I'm currently determined to stick to can't accommodate her. I think she's lovely, though, and those stretch marks only make me like the look of her even more.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I like her. She's got personality and draws you in. She looks like she has hopes, dreams, and a sense of humor! Strength too. I think she'd fit perfectly into my superhero series.

• Any special deal on the Pro Bundle? Was hoping for a better price due to the additional holiday discount. Although Monique might be containing a discount trigger once Darius 7 is released.

Hera said:

Wow - she's beautiful, and Margot hair is really lovely. And I kind of like the Saucy Hair too!

I didn't like any of the bundles though, as I don't need another item like 'Land Walker Outfit' - I can always use Runes outfits for these things, so I just picked out the best parts. So in with the base figure, those hairs and Tisha. (And the Christmas Dinner, which was a bargain!)

For a few dollars more you could get the Pro Bundle with the outfits, poses, and extra character---whether you need them or not.

I think I know where the grayish tint came from: Second Circle may have done some of the promos.

• Any special deal on the Pro Bundle? Was hoping for a better price due to the additional holiday discount. Although Monique might be containing a discount trigger once Darius 7 is released.

I'm seeing my Holiday Loyalty Reward discount applied, so that's already a more or less substantial extra discount over the usual Pro Bundle price.

• This thread has been redacted - please keep the discussion civil and remember to address the topic, not the psoter.

• ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209
    edited December 2016

By the way, the Saucy hair......(what's wrong with Curly btw) looks a bit tapelike......the back hair looks like the stuff coming out of broken C90 metal cassette and the red hair like it came out of a C90 ferro tape......maybe some adjustments in the opacity maps are in order? The blonds look okay though!

Greets, Ed.

Problem look at it worst in the Senna renders....in the renders for the hair itself it looks better......fiddely twiddely......

http://www.daz3d.com/senna-for-monique-7

Post edited by ArtisanS on