Need old Bryce Version (5.0)

Hi Guys

My question is quite short.
Years ago I got the free version Bryce 5.0 with product key.
Unfortunately, the program was on my old hard drive, which was broken.
I still have the product key, but is there any way to get a Bryce 5.0 version?

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

I think the official answer will be "no"... But that's just a guess based on previous answers to similar questions... Though, if you purchased Bryce 5 from Daz (on this site), it is entirely possible it will still be available in your Product library (though Maybe Daz didn't even own Bryce when it was on release 5 as mine only has Bryce 6.x showing)... But anyway, check your account under this tab and scroll through your purchase history to check. Hope this helps.

Screen-shot-2016-12-04-at-11.04.15.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 303K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Addition: Though Bryce has always been excellent and 5 in it's day was great, for only £20, you can have bryce 7 Pro (even cheaper if you take advantage of Daz special offers on multiple purchases), and the lighting/rendering options offer so much more to Bryce uses.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

THX for the fast answer.

Yes the product is still in my product library ( see pic ), but when I right click on it, only a manual download is available.

So I think I must buy a new version. 

bryce.jpg
    1282 x 594 - 254K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Bryce is only available through Manual download.   Even Bryce 7 Pro is still  an .exe

Ah, thanks for the information. Unfortunately nothing happens when I click on it, so the program will no longer be available.

Do you not have a normal download button?   One you can use the normal left click to download?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117

And if you get Bryce 7.1 Pro for almost nothing, use manual download and have a look at this PDF http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf that tells you where everythig belongs.

Chohole said:

Do you not have a normal download button?   One you can use the normal left click to download?

No, There is no button in the product pic that appears. I only got a download button when I click on the Order Number.

You could try filing a ticket, and ask if a copy of the existing Br 5.5 Download can be added to your product library. 

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited December 2016

Better ask for bryce 6.. at least the spot light cones works correct in it...

See attachement

slight.jpg
    1206 x 581 - 19K
    Post edited by Atlantis on

A great praise to the Support.

After I send a ticket to them and told them my problem, they immediately helped me.

Now I have a new Bryce Version and cant't wait to test it in my X-mas holiday.

I never have expected to get so fast and generous help. So a big THX again to the Support and best wishes for the coming weeks.