Ribs G3F

On the hunt for a morph that can add rib cage detail to G3F , need this for thinner models rather than the undead:)  any suggestions

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I second this request! This sounds like a great opportunity for a morph pack. You only have to look at images of skinny people whose ribs show through that they are not all the same, so having a ribs morph pack would be very useful.

• What about this one? See 2nd screenshot, "Emaciated".
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-body-morphs

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Hi Samurle, I have seen that morph set. It might work for some scenes, but the effect I (and perhaps Grovelight) am looking for is not emaciation. In the Emaciated morph the hip bones show very strongly whilst the ribs are just visible, even though the stomach is sunken. This is a whole body morph and so you could not directly dial down the hips and dial up the ribs, so to speak. I guess there is a way by means of the attenuation method in Morph Loader pro. But to be honest it would be great to have a morph pack specifially for the ribcage.

Here is a pic of a woman with ribs clearly showing because she is skinny (and presumably stretching her arms upwards) but she is not emaciated.

tumblr_o0uo98Z91i1v2p7rho3_500.jpg
    500 x 375 - 12K
  • Ah, is it possible to take a full body morph and create a partial morph from it?  I didn't know.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    samurle said:

Ah, is it possible to take a full body morph and create a partial morph from it?  I didn't know.

It is possible, but how, I do not know. I believe it is something 4.9 introduced. 

• There is a separate ribcage size morph in the above package, but it's not much help in that it doesn't add much detail.

• Well, don't forget that you can use morphs, like the 'emaciated' shape, at any percentage you like. As with expression sets, sometimes you can get what you're looking for by choosing 50% or 75%, instead of 100%.

• samurle said:

Ah, is it possible to take a full body morph and create a partial morph from it?  I didn't know.

It is possible, but how, I do not know. I believe it is something 4.9 introduced. 

Select the vertices you don't want affected, using the Geometry Editor tool, make the morphs you want to remove those vertices from favourites (click the heart icon on the slider), right-click in the viewport and select Morph Editing>Removed selected deltas from favourites.

samurle said:

Select the vertices you don't want affected, using the Geometry Editor tool, make the morphs you want to remove those vertices from favourites (click the heart icon on the slider), right-click in the viewport and select Morph Editing>Removed selected deltas from favourites.

1-  Does the desired morph need to be dialed in first? Or do you start selecting vertices on the base figure?

2- Is it possible to select groups of vertices at once, or something? There's a ton of vertices and this would be super tedious to do on a figure. Its also very easy to overlook a vertice by mistake.

3- When I hit right on the viewport with vertices selected, I don't see a remove option. I see ''morph editing>clear selected deltas from favorites" Clear selected deltas is the only option available.

4- Does this make a permanent change to the morph in question? Is there a new option for the vertices you just removed to be used as a separate morph?

I distinctly remember seeing it in the 4.9 update log that there was a way to split morphs into individual morphs. Like taking a full body morph and making head and body morphs, or arm morphs, ect. This doesn't sound like that. I saw this:

Morph Loader Pro Updates

• Morph Loader Pro: Morph Mirroring
    • Morph Loader Pro: Ability to split morphs based on weight maps or groups
    • Morph Loader Pro: Remove the influence of a morph from selected vertices

I was under the impression you could export the figure and then import it with MLP and select specific groups for the morph to apply to, effectively making separate morphs.

• 1. No

2. You can select polygons (using surfaces or gorups if they are in the right place), then convert the selection to vertices from the right-click menu (Polygon Selection>Convert Selection as I recall).

3. Yes, Clear was what I meant.

4. Only in that scene - if you want a permanent change you need to save as a morph asset (File>Save as>Support Assets). Note that if the item is isntalled via Connect the original will be used even if you do save, and if installed via DIM the enxt update will overwrite the changes.

Thanks, I think I sort of get it now. The group selection is much easier. There's also a lasso tool, which is interesting.

• ueziuezi Posts: 46

Hi,

did someone of you succeed with creating a ribcage for g3f?  If yes, can you post your result and method used?

cheers,

Uezi

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

I am also interested in ribcage morphs for both G3 and G2 : )

• I have tried to make a good ribcage morph. It really has to be made in HD because there are not enough polys to get the anatomy correct and in detail. The Musculature HD Morphs for genesis 3 has a good Serratus in my opinion. When you change it to LR it is very underwhelming.