Keep Scene Interface Settings?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there any way to keep the Scene Interface Settings from reverting back? I create a new scene, go to Scene Interface Settings and set the Displayed Unit to Inches and when I save and reopen the file it reverts back to feet every time. I can't find a way to permanently set this in the preferences either. Am I missing something?

Chucker

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

chuckerii said:
    Is there any way to keep the Scene Interface Settings from reverting back? I create a new scene, go to Scene Interface Settings and set the Displayed Unit to Inches and when I save and reopen the file it reverts back to feet every time. I can't find a way to permanently set this in the preferences either. Am I missing something?

Inches & feet are the same measuring system. Do you mean the scene reverts to meters?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

If you have a box that you enter a value into and it shows inches, try typing the value in feet that you want followed by ft and hit enter. The inches will return, but the value will in inches will equal the foot value you typed in. I know it can be annoying.

If I'm wrong in my assumption, it could also be the scene magnitude you're working in. You might have selected a small scene when what you want is a large scene.

Picture_3.png
    251 x 276 - 24K
    Picture_2.png
    251 x 275 - 24K
    Picture_1.png
    234 x 275 - 22K
  • edited December 1969

I know that feet and inches are the same measuring method. We figured out on another forum that it has to do with scene magnitude. If you use Small, then everything is calculated in inches. If you use Medium or Large, it's feet. I do all my work in Medium, but prefer to work in Inches. So when I go into Scene/Interface/Displayed Unit and change it to Inches... when I save and close the file then re-open it, it reverts back to Feet.

Chucker

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Then I guess you've answered your own question. Less than a foot would be the decimal equivalent of inches.