The new store stinks rant and 14063_SupersuitBootsBelt_v1.0_trx zip file is bad

macmondomacmondo Posts: 10
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The mac version of this zip file is trashed and will not expand. I tried the FixDaz.app that Kendall Sears so kindly provided. It did not fix the issue. When will a fixed version of my purchase be provided?

Through all of this disastrous new store debacle I have been silent waiting for you to get your act together DAZ. I'm still waiting. I do not think I have ever seen a more complete foul up in a business roll out... ever. It is bad enough that the new store has only a small portion of the functionality of the old store. But even the poor little shadow of the well functioning store that you had doesn't even work.

You allowed the new store's lack of functionality to change your established business models (platinum club coupons), BOGO, etc, thus alienating your best customers. We still have not seen our June PC coupon. The new terms on the PC Coupon also stink. I do not want to only use the coupon on the few DAZ Originals. I want to be able to use all $6.00 on multiple purchases if I want, not use it or lose it on one purchase. If you can' get the coupon to work just lower the monthly cast of PC membership or give us an all the time discount. This present solution stinks.

The new store problem seems to be that you are delivering bad product that will not install. There are multiple defective zips of paid product that your customers are downloading right now and the only response I've seen so far is a kind effort of another customer. Thanks Kendall ! Where is DAZ's response to this? When will we get working product? Why should we have to rely on third party solutions to get working product that we paid for? Do you even see anything wrong with this?

The new supersuit contains shaders (all of the fur shaders) that are incompatible with the released version of Daz Studio. No notice in the messed up store's product page that DAZ studio 4.ver.47 will not open any files saved with these shaders. No announcements in the Commons from DAZ that there is a problem with them. No... you just let us waste hours of work creating files that are corrupt. Then when they don't work we have to read through every stinking post on the forum because even a simple function like search does not work on the new forum.

The DAZ solution is to download and use a beta version that breaks all third party software. So I am expected to lose functionality one way or the other? Nice choice for me. Why are you selling product that is not compatible with the released version of your own software?

It was nice to see that DAZ appeared to finally fix Decimator for the Mac with DS 4.5. It has only been a wait of almost a year. I had to put at least one positive note in here.

I cannot imagine what you expected to gain with this new web store roll out. It could not have been any functionality improvements. It is very obvious to all of your customers the you were sold a "pig in a poke." And since all this kind of "stuff" rolls down hill, all of your loyal customers get the pig also. I have not seen ONE single positive thing from this new store from a customer's prospective. What was in it for us? What advantage at all was gained by this move?

What in the world were you people thinking? Did you even do any testing at all? Any? We should not have to suffer for your very poor choice in storefront software. Either fix it quickly or roll back to the store that actually worked. We want the great DAZ we were used to back. This slowly disintegrating ball of disaster just does not cut it.

I am still a very loyal fan of DAZ, it's products, and especially the fine folks that work there. But, Please, please, get it together soon. (not DAZ soon either)

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    I have a question macmondo.

Why are you loyal?

I am not trying to be facetious, I really don't understand this whole "loyalty" to a company concept.

Your loyalty is one way - DAZ will NEVER be loyal to you - ask the Poser users who have kept the lights on at DAZ for the past decade about DAZ's loyalty.

As long as they can count on people like you to put up with this stuff, they have no reason to change.

That's really a question I always have for people who talk about loyalty.

They always start by explaining that the situation is messed up.

Then they say they're loyal. Why?

I love Daz, but if the situation is foul it's foul.

I enjoy Iron Maiden's music. I support their music.
    If they stop making music I enjoy, I'll stop supporting them.

:coolhmm:

• macmondomacmondo Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Fair question, ssgbryan. I'm loyal because DAZ has consistently made, and made available some of the best content out there for the art that I love. It has mostly been offered at a very fair price. The special offerings they have presented over the years have allowed me to enjoy this art, within my budget (at least most of the time.) They have always treated me with fairness and in every instance made right any events where they were wrong. All the time they did this with pleasant attitudes even when I was upset and perhaps not as pleasant myself. (see my original post) These things count for a lot in my book. "Quid Pro Quo" That is why I am loyal.

I also enjoy the community here. DAZ has had a lot to do with making this a good place to share our art, techniques, and ideas. This new web software is disrupting that and that is one of the reasons I am upset.

I understand why you are upset about the Poser issue. I am a Poser user from version 1. I loved it ever since I got it as a premium in the Painter can from Fractal Design. You say that poser folks propped up DAZ, but it can also be said that one of the reasons Poser is still here, is because of the the content that DAZ and the PAs here have created. There would be no Poser or Daz Studio if not for this content. Imagine Poser without Vicky or Mike. Not good. I still use Poser a lot.

Genesis does not stop me from using Poser. I just have more tools to express myself now with DS4. There are a lot of things I like better better about Poser than DS. That said, I am also looking forward to the new Genesis stuff and the improvements that have been made in DS. Right now there are a few more improvements that need to be made. :) Hopefully not DAZ soon. (poke, poke)

I hope that answers your question. I am loyal, but not blindly loyal. There has been a major malfunction here that needs to be fixed quickly. I know that the DAZ team is working on it as fast as they can. It is very frustrating to me it is taking so long, causing disruptions in my workflow, and impairing my social fix here. I, like many others here am the "temperamental artist type", so I blew off some steam. I can get upset with a friend, but they are still my friend.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

macmondo said:
    Fair question, ssgbryan. I'm loyal because DAZ has consistently made, and made available some of the best content out there for the art that I love. It has mostly been offered at a very fair price. The special offerings they have presented over the years have allowed me to enjoy this art, within my budget (at least most of the time.) They have always treated me with fairness and in every instance made right any events where they were wrong. All the time they did this with pleasant attitudes even when I was upset and perhaps not as pleasant myself. (see my original post) These things count for a lot in my book. "Quid Pro Quo" That is why I am loyal.

I also enjoy the community here. DAZ has had a lot to do with making this a good place to share our art, techniques, and ideas. This new web software is disrupting that and that is one of the reasons I am upset.

I understand why you are upset about the Poser issue. I am a Poser user from version 1. I loved it ever since I got it as a premium in the Painter can from Fractal Design. You say that poser folks propped up DAZ, but it can also be said that one of the reasons Poser is still here, is because of the the content that DAZ and the PAs here have created. There would be no Poser or Daz Studio if not for this content. Imagine Poser without Vicky or Mike. Not good. I still use Poser a lot.

Genesis does not stop me from using Poser. I just have more tools to express myself now with DS4. There are a lot of things I like better better about Poser than DS. That said, I am also looking forward to the new Genesis stuff and the improvements that have been made in DS. Right now there are a few more improvements that need to be made. :) Hopefully not DAZ soon. (poke, poke)

I hope that answers your question. I am loyal, but not blindly loyal. There has been a major malfunction here that needs to be fixed quickly. I know that the DAZ team is working on it as fast as they can. It is very frustrating to me it is taking so long, causing disruptions in my workflow, and impairing my social fix here. I, like many others here am the "temperamental artist type", so I blew off some steam. I can get upset with a friend, but they are still my friend.

That was a good answer.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    macmondo said:

That was a good answer.

Genesis can not stop me from keep on using Poser because I refuse to buy into a new Program just to get the benefits of outfits for Genesis.
    DS has NEVER been a finished product in my Opinion and should always been free until it is worth the money they had sold it before it became free again.
    I worked a LONG time with DS and at one point you had to download an update of the programe WEEKLY and I see it still has not changed.

Maybe, MAYBE once it is a Program that is finished I shall give it a go again but until that day I work with Poser.
    Only sad thing is that in this store there is not much for us Poser Uses anymore.

edited June 2012

PetraR123 said:
    Genesis can not stop me from keep on using Poser because I refuse to buy into a new Program just to get the benefits of outfits for Genesis.
    DS has NEVER been a finished product in my Opinion and should always been free until it is worth the money they had sold it before it became free again.
    I worked a LONG time with DS and at one point you had to download an update of the programe WEEKLY and I see it still has not changed.

Maybe, MAYBE once it is a Program that is finished I shall give it a go again but until that day I work with Poser.
    Only sad thing is that in this store there is not much for us Poser Uses anymore.

I hear you Petra

The good thing is there are still a lot of older items you probably don't have that Daz has in its marketplace. PLUS you can still goto Renderosity, RDNA, and Content Paradise, just to name a few.
    I have been doing more shopping away from Daz for a short time now.

ALSO, www.Poserdirect.com has a massive sale, $10 buys EVERYTHING in the store!
    Not per item.
    $10 buys EVERY ITEM (almost) in the store!
    :coolsmile:

Post edited by tsarist on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    PetraR123 said:

I hear you Petra

The good thing is there are still a lot of older items you probably don't have that Daz has in its marketplace. PLUS you can still goto Renderosity, RDNA, and Content Paradise, just to name a few.
    I have been doing more shopping away from Daz for a short time now.

ALSO, www.Poserdirect.com has a massive sale, $10 buys EVERYTHING in the store!
    Not per item.
    $10 buys EVERY ITEM (almost) in the store!
    :coolsmile:

There might be old stuff I do not have yet but that is not the point cos we Poser Users like new stuff too:)
    I am buying most stuff at Renderostiy now and a couple of other stores.
    I shall check out the store you mentioned here.
    I am very very upset with Daz , not renewing my Annual PC Membership and cancelled the Newsletter since there is nothing really to look forward to but a few Poser morsel here and there. tssss
    Well, my money is going to other stores now mainly.
    Petra

• edited December 1969

tsarist said:

If they stop making music I enjoy, I'll stop supporting them. :coolhmm:

The thing about loyalty is that it often means standing by somebody because of what they were once like, in the hope that they will be like that again. Even if they are not so good at the moment.

If Iron Maiden changed their music style and made a bad album, would you throw away your old CDs and take down your old posters, and then never listen to their music again? Or would you go on to their fan forum and say "please go back to your old style of music, I liked that much better"?

If a company changes for the worse, loyalty means wanting it to change back for the better and then telling it so, rather than simply going elsewhere.

edited December 1969

tsarist said:

If they stop making music I enjoy, I'll stop supporting them. :coolhmm:

The thing about loyalty is that it often means standing by somebody because of what they were once like, in the hope that they will be like that again. Even if they are not so good at the moment.

If Iron Maiden changed their music style and made a bad album, would you throw away your old CDs and take down your old posters, and then never listen to their music again? Or would you go on to their fan forum and say "please go back to your old style of music, I liked that much better"?

If a company changes for the worse, loyalty means wanting it to change back for the better and then telling it so, rather than simply going elsewhere.

I like that explanation Faerie.

Truth is, if Maiden ever did change, I wouldn't throw out my CDs.
    I also would try to respect their life as artists and hope that at some point they will come back to their old style.

It's a little different when dealing with a business, but I understand your point.

Still, I'm wishing Daz luck.