Need v4.6.1.17 x64 win installer

Hi, does anyone know where to get the installer for DS 4.6.1.17 x64 Win ? I tried out DS 4.9 and all my scenes are broken, so I want to go back to 4.6.1.17 but I can't find a download anywhere for that version. My account allows me to download DS 4.5 and 4.9, nothing else in between

sad

Thanks !

Comments

• Only Daz can provide DS.

How are your scenes broken? We may be able to help you sort that out.

• Only Daz can provide DS.

CNET has older versions of DS available for download, just not 4.6.1.17... I've asked Daz support but no answer yet...

Genesis 1 always loads with certain presets dialed, female and several values on hips, legs, etc. and some other morphs are loaded as zero always, this changes the shapes of my figures when the scene loads. If I fix the figure and save the scene, then re-open all values are messed up again.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Only Daz can provide DS.

CNET has older versions of DS available for download, just not 4.6.1.17... I've asked Daz support but no answer yet...

Genesis 1 always loads with certain presets dialed, female and several values on hips, legs, etc. and some other morphs are loaded as zero always, this changes the shapes of my figures when the scene loads. If I fix the figure and save the scene, then re-open all values are messed up again.

Most if not all the Cnet links will go to the latest version...or at least that's what they are supposed to do, so don't trust those links to provide any specific version.

To fix that problem you need to find out which specific morphs are causing it and then remove or edit them.  They were incorrectly saved and load set to full on, instead of off.  It was a not unusueal problem with Genesis.  And reinstalling the program will not fix that issue...

• mjc1016 said:

Most if not all the Cnet links will go to the latest version...or at least that's what they are supposed to do, so don't trust those links to provide any specific version.

To fix that problem you need to find out which specific morphs are causing it and then remove or edit them.  They were incorrectly saved and load set to full on, instead of off.  It was a not unusueal problem with Genesis.  And reinstalling the program will not fix that issue...

Oh, thank you for the info, what files should I change to fix this if I can isolate the morphs ? are these dsb files inside the content directories ? or something else in the app data files ? 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

They would be the morph dsf files in the /data/Daz 3D/<figure>/morphs folder.

Load a fresh figure in a new scene, then go to Parameters tab.  In the upper corner, will be a little arrow on what looks like a lined piece of paper, click on it and select Show Hidden (this is to get any hidden ones that may be on), then select Currently Used in the main list.  The offending morphs should show up there...then you need to find them, in the data folder in your content library.

Now for the saved scenes, you may have 'not found' errors pop up if you remove them.

• mjc1016 said:

They would be the morph dsf files in the /data/Daz 3D/<figure>/morphs folder.

Load a fresh figure in a new scene, then go to Parameters tab.  In the upper corner, will be a little arrow on what looks like a lined piece of paper, click on it and select Show Hidden (this is to get any hidden ones that may be on), then select Currently Used in the main list.  The offending morphs should show up there...then you need to find them, in the data folder in your content library.

Now for the saved scenes, you may have 'not found' errors pop up if you remove them.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I will try this.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

If it still not work for you,, check this.  because  I know "currently used" may not work when the morph.dsf are saved with different values. 

because once saved with value = 1,  not zero,,  as morphA. dsf,, it just keep current morph value as default value too. (at least about  most of DS 4.5 version)

then each character.DUF (load character) not care at all,,when  there is no discribe about the morphA in the file. usually most of character duf, never record

other morph values which not used for.   it just load all morphs  with recorded value + other morphs with default value = usually it should be zero..

then morphA will load the recoreded default value too.    But currently used only show us when the morphs which change  value from default values.

see my pic , I tweaked FHMAiko7.dsf , now all genesis3female character should load Aiko7 face (though it is not bad for me ,,;) , I load genesis3female from dafault character.duf.    but "currently used" tell you nothing.   you can not find FHMAiko7.    

to remove this problem,, you need to  "zero  figure" first.  then move another section in parameter tab, then  check "currently used" again..    it may show you the problem morph.  because now the value change to "zero" from default values.

But still there is limitation,, if the morph are hidden parameter,,  ds zero figure, or zero shape not turn those parameter value to zero. it is ignored.

about this case,,(worst case)  you actually need to check all morph value carefully with "show hidden parameter".  then need to find the problem morph (or hidden controlelr).

I may suggest,, re-install all product morphs. after un-install all morphs. (though i know it is terrible) 

currently.PNG
    1494 x 891 - 348K
    currently2.PNG
    1233 x 857 - 220K
  • Daz refused me the installer for version 4.6, apparently being an early adopter and paying full price for DS Advanced 4 when it first came out and was not free, plus having purchased over 600 items over the years is not enough for someone at an office to spend 3 minutes sending me a file that was actually freely distributed... I'm worth nothing as a customer and they made sure to let me know it.

• While I understand your frustration, even if an older version of DS isn't actually going to adress your issue, it has nothing to do with whether you are valued or not. The current version is the oen that is supported, making older versions available merely adds, in gernal, to the potential for confusion and conflicts. If you had had an issue that was dependent on which version of DS you were using this might have been something that could be looked at, though I can't guarantee that, but in this case it is a side issue and we need to figure out the root of the problem.

• While I understand your frustration, even if an older version of DS isn't actually going to adress your issue, it has nothing to do with whether you are valued or not. The current version is the oen that is supported, making older versions available merely adds, in gernal, to the potential for confusion and conflicts. If you had had an issue that was dependent on which version of DS you were using this might have been something that could be looked at, though I can't guarantee that, but in this case it is a side issue and we need to figure out the root of the problem.

Actually I made a copy of the program files, user app data files and registry keys, and I kept all drive letters and paths for content, and version 4.6.1.17 started like it was installed on the new system running Win 10, all my scene files load properly now... the point is they could not spend 3 minutes to write an email with a link, the level of indifference and disregard for a customer is appaling.