How do I just render one part of the screen? Can I type in what degree I want to rotate something?

Curious_DreamerCurious_Dreamer Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in New Users

How do I select just part of the screen I want to render?

Can I alter a character to face 45% to the right or left, or whatever direction I need, without having to use the mouse? My hands aren't that steady. I want to make certain things line up perfectly, and that involves having a number I can type in somewhere to adjust their angles as necessary.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

What software?
    Daz Studio has a Spot Render Tool Alt+Shift+C to engage and with the mouse draw a square let go when you have the desired size, it will then render that part...but you can't save a spot render as an image.

Second question. Select the body part, eg the head and in the Parameters Pane find the translation sliders,you should find Bend, Twist and Side to Side sliders which moves the head or body part.

Post edited by Szark on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you click on the number on the slider in the Parameter pane you can type in a number, rotations are in degrees and translations are in centimeters.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Can you edit your thread title to make it shorter, then it will not break the forum formatting. Adding your question in your first post, instead of the thread title would do it. Please.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

A good title:

"How do I..."

then first line of post:

"... just render one part of the screen? Can I type in what degree I want to rotate something, instead of having to use the mouse?"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Ah well, I did edit the title - and please don't start your post in the title as suggested, it's very annoying.

• Curious_DreamerCurious_Dreamer Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    What software?
    Daz Studio has a Spot Render Tool Alt+Shift+C to engage and with the mouse draw a square let go when you have the desired size, it will then render that part...but you can't save a spot render as an image.

Second question. Select the body part, eg the head and in the Parameters Pane find the translation sliders,you should find Bend, Twist and Side to Side sliders which moves the head or body part.

I want to save all the movements in a series of sprites, not just have a single image. Also, that function is ridiculous. As soon as you let go, it starts doing it, no time to make certain you lined up right, and you still have to use the mouse.

There is nothing in the scene other than the one model and the clothing and weapon attached to them.

I can't just tell it to measure the maximum distance it goes to one side or the other, and then cut out everything else past that point? Seems like that'd be simple enough to do from a programming stand point. Go through animation sequence, check the X,Y positions of the model, and record the maximum distance in each direction. Render only that area.

I'll do make a suggestion in the suggestion forum to see if they add it.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

Well you did omit that you were doing animations so I can't help further as I don't do animations and I wouldn't want to impart anymore ridiculous solutions.

Post edited by Szark on