how to save export a video clip

pjmb1935pjmb1935 Posts: 0
edited November 2016 in New Users

Hello

Following the tutorials I succeeded animating the barefoot dancer without backdrop
using aniMate2
and the WALKS preset I got a scene (attachment)
 Two issues :
1/  If I try to drag the colored bar it just slows the walking pace. Therefore I added 3 cycles, but ther is a lack of fluidity between cycles

2/ I want now to export that video clip into a readable format such as mpeg or ts.
If I switch to RENDER,    DAZ STUDIO 4.9 saves only one image in an odd format. Refuses to export a video and opens a 404 error internet page
If I use the FILE/EXPORT tabs, it saves a file to my computer but none of the available formats is readable to me

Thanks for advising

Pierre

Screen Shot 11-19-16 at 05.48 PM.JPG
1615 x 868 - 420K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• In the Render Settings pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Render Settings if it isn't yet open) go to the Editor tab and select General on the left. About half way down the list of settings you should see Render Type - you can change this to Movie (which will create an animation file, .avi for Windows, .mov fro Mac) or Image Sequence (which will create a set of image files). Generally it is better to render to an image sequence as it allows for an alpha channel (useful for compositing with other footage), protects agaisnt crashes part way through, and allows for the correction of individual frames without having to rerender the whole thing. Whichever you choose, you will need to set the path (Movie Path/Series path) to which to save and the movie name/base name used for the file(s).

• Thanks Chohole

Actually I was aiming at saving a clip with the actor walking many steps from the left to the right of the screen.

Using your advice , I was able to save a movie of my walking actor and also a set of 52 images per cycle giving a total of 156 frames rendered.
     The lack of fluidity between cycles is still there ( i.e. between image 52 and 53 then image 104 and 105) Can I solve that using only DAZ STUDIO 4.9 PRO ?

I am not familiar to your comment " Generally it is better to render to an image sequence as it allows for an alpha channel (useful for compositing with other footage),"  Could you give me some links for tutorials about that ?

Quote" you will need to set the path (Movie Path/Series path)"
    Please give the full line of instruction from the tab Window>>>>

Pierre

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

_save a Image Sequence as PNG _ this will make Transparent background _