V4 and Amarseda hair

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

When I add the Amarseda hair to V4 it doesn't quite cover at the front hair line I have tried to move it various ways and still cant hide the original hairline on V4, also am i supposed to use fit to on it because that didn't work either. Also am not sure how to group or parent an item. Help anyone?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to get rid of the base V4 skin with the purple bikini. If you go to the Poses folder you should find at least a base resolution texture.

You should always use the 'Fit To' option for hair, that way it will move with the figure and stay in place, there is then no need to parent the hair.

• SkatingJesusSkatingJesus Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Hi.

I used to have the same problem, until I saw I didn't selected the right Amarseda file.
    Are you sure you selected the V4 version?

If you didn't do it, be sure you have associated the hair with the character ("Fit to" option").

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Thanks It was for sure the hair for V4 I checked that first so I will try a different texture ( why didn't I think of that *smack*) :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

YOu could always apply the Lana textures that the Genesis female wears onto V4... they'll work.

edited December 1969

thanks got that working now...I'm sure learning this program is going to be very slow going

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    thanks got that working now...I'm sure learning this program is going to be very slow going
    Yes it does take time to learn and we all learn at different speeds...just try not to run before you can walk, aim low to start with.
    edited December 1969

I am learning a bit at a time, lighting and camera angles will be a huge challenge i am sure