Octane Render Effects

2»

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

An example of my Octane skin shader formula which uses a mix of specular and glossy, a version is also applied to the tongue, gums and teeth.

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 244

Cool!!, Which formula you apply to the cornea? 

Basically just water for the eye surface and cornea - and remember to increase Corneal bulge to 1.0, the cornea on Daz characters is too flat by default.

A comment in another thread made me think of this that I thought I'd share - displacement in Octane Render for Carrara is awesome!

There are two ways that you can do displacement with Octane:

- set up the displacement in Carrara as normal, and the displaced mesh that Carrara would have used to render (ie, with subdivisions etc set up as per the dispalcement settings) is passed to Octane.

- you can set up a dedicated Octane material and use a map in that - and this is the one that is awesome!

You have probably already seen the image below, but can I draw your attention to the ground. When first set up, it looked too flat, so I tried applying the map I had to Octane's displacement channel, and after a little tweaking (easy because of the interactive rendering) I had the effect I was looking for. It doesn't seem to take up too much memory or processing, is very flexible, and I think looks a lot better than passing Carrara's displacement to Octane.  As this was a tiled texture, it gives the effect of probably millions of polys, but in a very efficient way.

Just in case Octane users haven't tried it - give it a whirl, I think you'll be impressed!

DoloresFullFinal.jpg
    1600 x 2400 - 540K

I'm sorry, i was not seen your reply before. Thank you very much!! I will give a try the displacement, looks awesome!

I'm working right now on volumetric clouds, but they are invisible. You know the reason? (I think it's about scale, because i'm working with V4. But, i fear i can't make it work :( 

Nevermind, already solved :D

Just activate the cloud in effects tab and remove any material from the volumetric cloud, it should work.