Gen 3 items/morphs on genesis

2»

Comments

• DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

What bothered me most was that they could have simply gone to the server where the files are stored and emailed me the file instead of making me wait more than a month. Sometimes, fixing a customer's issue is about doing it in such a way as to resolve the problem for the customer, and for the technical issue afterward.

Say you have a flaw in your software, but you have an easy fix for the short term. Are you going to wait for the next release of software and make that customer wait as well, or will you just do the quick fix and put in that ticket and get the software issue resolved with due process? Most businesses that are smart are going to resolve the customer's issue as quickly as possible and not make them wait. They will still fix the software problem, but sometimes beating your head against a brick wall to solve a technical problem before fixing a customer's issue is the wrong way to do it.

If I were DAZ, I would make addressing a customer's problem THE top priority. Any business needs to do that. If their hierarchy of doing everything by email is a cumbersome process, they need to streamline it for the good of the company and get it dealt with quickly. Dealing with customer issues quickly helps to find problems that are consistent with several customers and can then point out an underlying cause of the problem so that the IT folks can fix that on their end. If every ticket prompts another IT ticket, IT is overwhelmed and can never get to the underlying issue. So the answer is, let the front line people have the power to fix a problem and not have to run every little thing up the chain.

My 2 cents.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    That's helpful. So do the V3/M3 etc. face & expression morphs work on the Genesis model after the Gen 3 iconic shapes are installed? Or does it just give you the base face/shape of the figure and you use the Genesis morphs after that?

Nope.

Gen 3 iconic shapes is for shapes and clones for autofit.

Morphs and faces are converted with genesis generation X2, http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2, you need read thread from Dimension3D and manual to verify if it is posible transfers face/expressions from gen3 to G1/G2 with this tool and its add-on for Gen 3, http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle. I was reading a few, and I believe it is posible, but I'm not 100% sure.

I've never done it, but the actual product description does seem to that say it transfers Gen3 expressions

That's the entire point of GenX2. That's exactly what it does. The Iconic Shapes packages add the base shapes to Genesis, so that morphs transferred via GenX2 will work properly.

• DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

There was a time when their service was excellent. You call with a problem, they fixed it on the spot. Literally a few seconds. Alas, those days are ended, but really, they need to bring them back.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

There was a time when their service was excellent. You call with a problem, they fixed it on the spot. Literally a few seconds. Alas, those days are ended, but really, they need to bring them back.

If you're not in the US you can't just call, at least this way some people don't get preference over others and the staff don't get held up by people ringing up and chatting.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited May 2014

If you call now you will get an answering service that will file a support ticket for you. Yes imo it was to make it so no one got preference over another. Each support tick is just as important as the next. Much easier to do tickets in order received. That's at least the fair thing to do. If they are on the phones all day doing support then they don't have time to do the support tickets

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • edited May 2014

I've gotten reasonably fast responses for my tickets. The only real problem I've seen is with email. That customer service seems to work like this:

You walk in the store, say hi to salesman, and ask if they have a new widget because the one the you bought is broken.

Salesman says I'll go check, and walks to the back. In the meantime a line has shown up at the register.

Salesman comes back and walks to the register to check people out. To your complaints he says "I help people in the order they are in line."

You get back up to the register again and he says "Hey, we do have that in stock. Would you like to return your broken one and get a good one" You say yes.

Salesman walks to the back to get the replacement. In the meantime a line has shown up at the register.

Salesman comes back and walks to the register to check people out. Etc.

Post edited by Crystal's Renders on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

(I'm looking back over other early orders, the only other glitch I've spotted so far is the old V2 CD. Since DAZ doesn't do physical CDs any more, I should at least be able to download the CD content, shouldn't I?)

As with most bundles, you need to go to the individual products to download them. They're listed on the page under "This Product is a Bundle that contains the following Products".

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited May 2014

As with most bundles, you need to go to the individual products to download them. They're listed on the page under "This Product is a Bundle that contains the following Products".

No can do, the V2 CD Product Library page is just like the one I described upthread for the P230 Pistol — the entire section at the bottom below the promo pic is missing. Also the items in those first two orders do not show up in the Product Library ordered list, I can only get at them by going into My Orders and linking from those pages.

I really hope this is a small problem, cross-checking the Product Library page against the individual My Orders pages (which seem to be perfectly OK all the way back to my very first purchase) will be a full-time job. Definitely time for a bug report, and I'd reccommend everyone else check their early orders as well, especially if you've been here and buying regularly as long as I have.

Edit: ticket submitted, #168339 if anyone wants to add to it.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What browser are you using? Do other bundles show the "This is a bundle which contains" section?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Using the latest Firefox 29.0.1 (the one with the big UI updates not everyone likes) and Win7 64-bit.

Every bundle I've checked so far seems to show the proper "contains" section at the bottom, just like it should.