Unicorn for DAZ Horse 2

2»

Comments

• edited January 2013

Here's another vote for the Horse 2 to gain a unicorn makeover.

Noting the sub-topic about what unicorns look like, there is no such thing as a "standard" unicorn. Unicorns have looked like everything from rhinos in 400BC to antelope to wild asses, and only in the last century have they looked like horses (mostly because it makes things easy for Hollywood, one suspects). But the closest thing to an accepted standard for this era seems to be the heraldic unicorn. This would seem to be (and it does vary) a very slender horse-like animal. It has delicate cloven hooves like a deer, and a tuft of hair at each ankle. The tail is leonine, which is to say, a long length with quite short fur and a "flair" of longer hair at the end, much fuller than in a donkey or a cow. The neck should be longer and less muscular than a horse's, and the muzzle is more delicate: if you morphed from a horse to a deer and stopped about halfway, that'd be about right. The horn varies quite a bit, but is generally straight with spiraled fluting, and about one to two times as long as the animal's head.

Gonna need a lot of dials here:)

Post edited by chiron_37497f1a55 on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Does anyone remember Bloodsong's Antelope Expansion Pack? http://www.daz3d.com/antelope-expansion-pack

There are so many morphs that years ago I made my own unicorn and rendered the shy creature in Bryce. But the pic's long gone.

A few months ago I reset (or repurchased if it had dropped off my item history-don't remember) the package. I used the Klipspringer in a recent project but haven't played around with the morphs yet. I use studio 4.5.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253
    edited December 1969

In my wishlist waiting for this year's PA sale. I missed catching it in September. Looks like quite a package.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Pegasus is the name of a single winged horse, the species of winged horses was called pterippus