Enough is about enough!!!

2»

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2012

namffuak said:
    I would like to see a new sticky from the manager of the web team updated daily, about an hour before the end of the day. It should list the top six items being worked on, and for each a status of analyzing, coding, testing fix, or fixed. For each item listed as 'fixed', add another to the list. (Seems to me I proposed this the last time the store cutover fell on it's face).

Just let us know WHAT is being worked on and WHEN you think it's been fixed. PLEASE.

Oh my God! You have no idea how divinely symphonic that sounds to me right now! :cheese: I'm the kind of guy who feels like updates
    and executive communication with a market audience only shows respectable diligence and efficiency.

And I cannot stress how much I agree with everyone concerned with the wonky sales prices. And again, If DAZ 3D has any sense as a company, the day when things finally settle down they will give all their sales a complete reset and a big, fat extension! :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    I would like to see a new sticky from the manager of the web team updated daily, about an hour before the end of the day. It should list the top six items being worked on, and for each a status of analyzing, coding, testing fix, or fixed. For each item listed as 'fixed', add another to the list. (Seems to me I proposed this the last time the store cutover fell on it's face).

Just let us know WHAT is being worked on and WHEN you think it's been fixed. PLEASE.

Oh my God! You have no idea how divinely symphonic that sounds to me right now! :cheese: I'm the kind of guy who feels like updates
    and executive communication with a market audience only shows respectable diligence and efficiency.

And I cannot stress how much I agree with everyone concerned with the wonky sales prices. And again, If DAZ 3D has any sense as a company, the day when things finally settle down they will give all their sales a complete reset and a big, fat extension! :)

Agreed.

Communication would go a long way.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    RAMWolff said:
    Apparently they did some testing but as it seems not much at all before going live.

To be fair to the DAZ team - it is absolutely impossible to stress-test a test environment. A lot of the issues we're seeing are caching and inter-server access issues. There are VERY few institutions that can afford to build a test environment that matches the production environment in all ways - paths to disk, network layout, cpu count, server count, memory, and all such similar items. And even if you get that - you can't get a thousand testers to beat on it for two days.

I beg to differ. It is supremely easy to stress/load-test any environment. There are a boat-load of applications that, running on PCs/workstations as clients, can hammer a system pretty much as hard as you wish.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I must defend Dan Farr on this one. He's logged in in the past to help belay rumors and impart information about how things are going with getting things resolved. I really would love to have Rob pop in here actually. He's really more in the thick of this side of things.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I must defend Dan Farr on this one. He's logged in in the past to help belay rumors and impart information about how things are going with getting things resolved. I really would love to have Rob pop in here actually. He's really more in the thick of this side of things.

That's true.

I do remember Dan coming in to clear the air a time or two.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

I'm sure once DAZ has something solid to go on they will make some official statement.