FaxMischers' WIP thread

2»

Comments

• FaxMisherFaxMisher Posts: 102
    edited February 2017

I'm not quite sure what to call our friend here, so we'll just call him Lord Doe. Here's couple tries at getting the lighting right on the scene from camera 4.

grantham2.png
    948 x 524 - 1M
    grantham3.png
    757 x 467 - 652K
    Post edited by FaxMisher on
  • An earlier version of Lord Doe. After talking it over with my girlfriend, I came to the conclusion this version had some pretty feminine qualities I hadn't intended to be there. 

GAvatartest2.png
    424 x 424 - 303K
  • This one went wrong, so so wrong. 

Gavatar5.png
    867 x 867 - 2M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

He is not holding his tea cup correctly

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Am watching with interest

• Chohole said:

Lol @chohole. I thank you, Google, and Youtube for pointing out that I have been drinking my tea like a savage!

FaxMisher said:
    Chohole said:

Lol @chohole. I thank you, Google, and Youtube for pointing out that I have been drinking my tea like a savage!

LOL

Very much a tea drinker is Chohole.   I also collect fine china a bit. A friend calls them my Miss Marples cups. I have 2 tea cups I am very proud of in my collection. One set is over 100 years old, and the other dates back to about 1939 or 1940.  He is right though,  Tea tastes much better drunk from a bone china cup.

• @Chohole - I'm working on a set of China for you right now. 

Oh that's so sweet of you.

• I'm a complete savage then.  I drink my tea from a mug.  Despite the mishandling of the teacup, your image is coming along nicely.  ;)

I'm a complete savage then.  I drink my tea from a mug.  Despite the mishandling of the teacup, your image is coming along nicely.  ;)

I am going to admit that when I am on my own I also use a mug rather than a cup,  saves on trips to the kitchen to pour more tea.  However my mugs are bone china and still very classy  

@Chohole - I'm still working on the textures, but as promised - a nice bone china teacup set! I'm also working on a full set with teapot and all that. I'll be making the teacup set available as a freebie when I got the textures put together. This was a lot of fun (fun as in 'I learned a lot and can enjoy the result' - not 'That was fun!') and I think I'm slowly starting to develope a better workflow. I feel more comfortable going back and forth between modeling, UV mapping, making textures in PS, and than back into Daz to put it altogether and render it. 

FreebieTeacup2.png
    600 x 600 - 527K
    edited March 2017

That's looking really cool.   I dread to ask this,  but will it be for DS only?

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

Daz Studio is the only 'studio-in-box' software I have. I thought about buying Poser, but it's not high on my priority list as I'm debating on getting something like ZBrush or 3DCoat for content creation. So I'm trying to save my pennies. I've got nothing against Poser (except that so many good models seem to only be available for it.) I wouldn't mind at all making a version that was otherwise compatible, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

A couple new renders - "King of the Conference Room" 1 & 2, respectively.

tradersuit4.png
    566 x 800 - 806K
    tradersuit2.png
    742 x 972 - 1M
    FaxMisher said:
    Chohole said:

Daz Studio is the only 'studio-in-box' software I have. I thought about buying Poser, but it's not high on my priority list as I'm debating on getting something like ZBrush or 3DCoat for content creation. So I'm trying to save my pennies. I've got nothing against Poser (except that so many good models seem to only be available for it.) I wouldn't mind at all making a version that was otherwise compatible, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Actually  for myself (and Probably more than half of the other Brycers and Also Carrara users) an OBJ included in the package means that we can use it, as long as the obj is UV mapped, and a basic mtl also helps.  THere are one or two of the Daz PAs who have started doing this, including an OBJ in their Commercial packages.  Obviously this only works with props.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56344/obj-s-please/p1

I'm a complete savage then.  I drink my tea from a mug.  Despite the mishandling of the teacup, your image is coming along nicely.  ;)

Thanks @Knittingmommy! I have made a couple of significant changes to the scene, but I'm hesitant to post the renders yet. Still tweaking things.

edited March 2017

Post edited by FaxMisher on

Working with a character I made from lots of morphs (I'm going to start working on a new skin, any tips would be appreciated.) I like the first one the best, I think the depth of field adds to the sense of motion. In the second one I was going for a darker look, not sure an interior historical corridor in medievel japan would be an ideal place to try shooting pictures (not alot of light.) The third one was actually the first render I think. 

Duel3.png
    619 x 348 - 382K
    Duel8.png
    891 x 426 - 542K
    Duel6.png
    891 x 426 - 702K

A couple more renders of the character before I go to bed.

s3.png
    382 x 619 - 180K
    s1.png
    382 x 619 - 265K

Last one before bed.

Samurai1.png
    1002 x 619 - 936K

Go check out DarwinsMishaps thread, he has some good pointers on doing skins.

FaxMisher said:

Last one before bed.

This, this is awesome!

Thank you @IceDragon! I've been putting all my time into getting this character into shape. The face and body are still in final prototype stage, but the skin isn't. I haven't done much yet with skin textures, so I'll dive deeper into DM's thread.