Generation X, DSON, and Poser Question

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is it possible to use the old morphs for Generation 3 and 4 figures in Genesis in Poser using DSON, or by some other means?

How do I get the old morphs into the Genesis figure in Poser?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    Is it possible to use the old morphs for Generation 3 and 4 figures in Genesis in Poser using DSON, or by some other means?

How do I get the old morphs into the Genesis figure in Poser?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Any morphs installed to Genesis will show in the dials for Genesis inside Poser. That's the beauty of the importer. If you happen to use both DS and Poser you're really accessing the same install of Genesis, and all applicable morphs, in both programs.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

You would have to make the transfer in DS, after which the morphs would be in the Data folder and would be loaded with Genesis in both Poser and DS.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 2012

...nice, I can use dynamic clothes (including that which I create with MD2) with my Genesis LeelaTeen and TraceyElf.

...the girls will be so excited.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

You would have to make the transfer in DS, after which the morphs would be in the Data folder and would be loaded with Genesis in both Poser and DS.

Sorry, I don't understand. Make the transfer of what? When I downloaded DSON and the files that came with it, it installed itself, so that, when I opened Poser, Genesis and a few things I bought for Genesis were already installed in the Poser runtime.

So - I buy GenX and Gen3, and I install them where? In DAZ Studio,or Poser? Or is it even content that gets installed? Anyway, once it's installed, I have to open DAZ Studio and load the Genesis figure into the viewport, and then what do I transfer into/onto it?

Once this is transfered to Genesis, then how do I get this Genesis with all these new morphs for the old DAZ figures into Poser? There's already a Genesis figure in Poser. Do I trash that one?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

GenX (and the Gen3 Addon) are DS plugins, you need to use them inside DS to add the morphs to Genesis. If Poser is reading the Data files from the same location as DS, then new morphs will be there when you load a fresh Genesis in Poser.

edited December 1969

GenX (and the Gen3 Addon) are DS plugins, you need to use them inside DS to add the morphs to Genesis. If Poser is reading the Data files from the same location as DS, then new morphs will be there when you load a fresh Genesis in Poser.

So if I buy GenX and Gen3 and load them into Genesis in DAZ Studio, then all those hundreds of morph dials are going to show up in Poser when I open Genesis?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:

So if I buy GenX and Gen3 and load them into Genesis in DAZ Studio, then all those hundreds of morph dials are going to show up in Poser when I open Genesis?

Yes, because the DSON importer for Poser is literally translating and loading Genesis from DS. Any morphs you install to Genesis in DS will be available to Genesis in Poser also.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:

You will have to use GenX in DS and transfer the morphs from Gen 3 or 4 to Genesis for the morphs to be available to use as hundreds of dials ......

edited December 1969

Thank you both. What about morphs from characters created by Published Artists, here and at Rendo etc.? Is there any way to transfer those morphs to Genesis?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 2012

Yep I don't know the exact steps,and I've heard some transfer a bit better then others but yes you can transfer characters ,you might want to go to the GenX thread to get help and check out some of the renders of transfered characters .........I'll see if I can find the link.

HA!! Found it!! http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5878/

Post edited by carrie58 on