Account History: USB Flash Drive Burn

Emile_KhadajiEmile_Khadaji Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I know that the Daz Account History DVD Burn Service is no longer available. I took advantage of it back in 10/2009 and had everything backed up and mailed to me just in case something should happen to my hard drive download copies. I really appreciated having the service then because I had nearly 40 DVDs full of files sent to me to archive 5 years worth of Daz Purchases.

I am starting this thread here is to introduce and suggest an idea to Daz for a possible low maintenance Account History Backup solution. Instead of placing the files on to DVDs; Daz should think about using USB Flash Drives. The price of flash drives is getting cheaper. Daz can purchase in bulk at wholesale rates. Additionally, Daz could order a bunch of flash drives with their logo/Name info printed them. Mailing the Flash Drives would be cheaper and easier too.

If Daz reinstated a USB Flash History Account Burn, they could set the fee based on the size (and number) of the Flash Drive(s) needed to hold all the requested files for backup. If the request amount of files exceeded the single flash drive solution, then the client would pay for additional flash drives to cover the backup of the account history. It shouldn't be too difficult to set up a "backup List" similar to the Wishlist that would auto calculate the fize size totals and display the number of USB Flash Drives needed.

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I know that the Daz Account History DVD Burn Service is no longer available. I took advantage of it back in 10/2009 and had everything backed up and mailed to me just in case something should happen to my hard drive download copies. I really appreciated having the service then because I had nearly 40 DVDs full of files sent to me to archive 5 years worth of Daz Purchases.

I am starting this thread here is to introduce and suggest an idea to Daz for a possible low maintenance Account History Backup solution. Instead of placing the files on to DVDs; Daz should think about using USB Flash Drives. The price of flash drives is getting cheaper. Daz can purchase in bulk at wholesale rates. Additionally, Daz could order a bunch of flash drives with their logo/Name info printed them. Mailing the Flash Drives would be cheaper and easier too.

If Daz reinstated a USB Flash History Account Burn, they could set the fee based on the size (and number) of the Flash Drive(s) needed to hold all the requested files for backup. If the request amount of files exceeded the single flash drive solution, then the client would pay for additional flash drives to cover the backup of the account history. It shouldn't be too difficult to set up a "backup List" similar to the Wishlist that would auto calculate the fize size totals and display the number of USB Flash Drives needed.

I would like to see this also...