Shader Builder Tutorial and Gooch shader for DAZ 4.5

DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. I have created a Shader Builder tutorial for a beginner. It takes you through the process of creating a shader for DAZ. The tutorial is in pdf format. Also included is the shader block and the preset files so that you can create your own presets using the shader block. Hope you get some use out of this.
http://www.sharecg.com/v/66014/browse/3/PDF-Tutorial/DAZ-4.5-Shader-Builder-Tutorial---MK-Gooch-Shader
Lonnie

PromoforDAZand_SG-small.jpg
700 x 700 - 563K

Comments

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this. Since I can't get Daz to help me solve my PWtoon problem, I need something like this.

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Thank you Dollygirl, this could be very useful.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

To both of you, your very welcome. The whole excerise was something I needed to do to make the process more understandable. If it is of use then that is wonderful.

• edited December 1969

Hi :)

I downloaded and started on the tutorial, however I hit a snag. It seems that the repository has been moved from RendMan to Pixar, so was not able to download the MKgooch.sl file. Do you have a url or any information that would take me to the current location of that file. Should you happen to have a copy available would you mind emailing it to [email protected]?

Thanks,
    HJEdman

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

HJEdman said:
    Hi :)

I downloaded and started on the tutorial, however I hit a snag. It seems that the repository has been moved from RendMan to Pixar, so was not able to download the MKgooch.sl file. Do you have a url or any information that would take me to the current location of that file. Should you happen to have a copy available would you mind emailing it to [email protected]?

Thanks,
    HJEdman

HJEdman, I just went to the RenderMan Repository, found the Mike King link and clicked on it. When I got the page it looked like there was nothing there. However, I was at the bottom of the page and when I scrolled up there were his files. This seems to be the case for all of the shader pages.
    I would not be comfortable sending you the file. It is Mike King's work and although there is no copyright information on the page. I am going to error on the conservative side and assume that he has some rights reserved.
    I hope that I hear back from you when you have finished the tutorial. I just finished up converting Stephen H Westin's velvet shader using the tutorial and it works! Below is a test render. It is the first time that I have truly convinced myself that the dress is made of velvet.

Render_21.jpg
    800 x 1317 - 950K