Oberon Station

Another wonderful set from petipet, but I have a problem.

When I load the OS ! PRE Load Base Ir, it cannot find the Corridor1.dsf. I get the missing files error for "data/petipet/sci-fi base/corridor/Сorridor1.dsf"

Interestingly it does load if I load from the Content Library and use the 3DL set. It will NOT load if I use the 3DL set from the Smart Pane. So its actually in there, somewhere, but maybe with a slight name change?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,998

Report it to Customer Support, so they can fix it and update the files?

• tring01tring01 Posts: 305

I've been having similar issues lately.   My quick fix for any package missing files is to locate it in Smart Content, right click and uninstall it, then re-install it.  This has solved all my problems.  These problems seems to start with the newest version of Install Manager.  Not sure wuy, but they're usually quick and easy to fix.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    tring01 said:

I've been having similar issues lately.   My quick fix for any package missing files is to locate it in Smart Content, right click and uninstall it, then re-install it.  This has solved all my problems.  These problems seems to start with the newest version of Install Manager.  Not sure wuy, but they're usually quick and easy to fix.

I tried that and it didn't work. Its still not locating the geometry for the Corridor prop except in that one pre-load. Annoying but not huge problem. I posted because I was hoping to see if it was only me and/or my download or DIM. Sometimes reinstalling helps. So far not with this.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    tring01 said:

Nice to know I'm not the only one.  However, I do not use smart content so I just fire up DIM, type in the start of the name of whatever i'm missing and uninstall and re install that way.  The saving grace in this is that even though I am unistalling and re installing, my custom categories seem to find the re installed items and show up where they are supposed to be.  No idea how it find it but it must save the path to where it installs it.