Is it just me or is Firefox having issues with the site lately?

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 2012

You never know....

I have 2 graphics cards, an Intel that I use for general stuff, such as this, and an ATI that I purely use for Poser and Vue. There might be something in the whole graphics card thing.

I always thought that NVidia cards were either for gaming or much higher end 3D like 3DS Max and the like or was that just their Quadro series!?

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,615
    edited December 2012

...actually when it comes to 3d work nVidia GPUs tend to work better wit Daz while ATI seems to be better with Poser.

...odd.

Ig you can afford it, the nVidia Quadro is the best way to go as they are designed for supporting high loads over extended periods. As more non-biased render engines are incorporating GPU assisted rendering, stepping up to one of the new Quadro GPUs will be worth the price.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

At least I picked the right one then!

CHEERS!

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

have noticed that there are phishing items on many page in the forum
    There will be a highlighted link type word and if you hover it will indicate a link to a sales item (not Daz). I am using Waterfox (Mozilla). I have found it at Renderosity and Dreamlight as well. I am interested if others have seen this. . .

edited December 1969

Actually there is one on this page in Kyoto Kid's post... check it out!

edited December 1969

I am finding lots but look at this one for a new product:

Phishing.PNG
    374 x 503 - 252K
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I'm not seeing any phishing items. Have you cleaned your cookies recently? Or has something been installed by accident?

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I'm not seeing any phishing items. Have you cleaned your cookies recently? Or has something been installed by accident?

It is really weird. . . . .
    I am on a completely new computer using Waterfox and these highlighted links are everywhere. I have newly set up McAfee antivirus legitimate version
    Surely I am not Alice in Wonderland and seeing things because I ate some mushrooms? !!
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Phishing will be part of something you might have installed. I had installed a couple of new add ons while back and found those throughout every web page I visited. So thought about it for a while and uninstalled the one that was causing the issues and there it was. I use Firefox.

edited December 1969

Phishing will be part of something you might have installed. I had installed a couple of new add ons while back and found those throughout every web page I visited. So thought about it for a while and uninstalled the one that was causing the issues and there it was. I use Firefox. [/quote
    I am sure that you are right but I tried in Internet Explorer and found this example below
    Hazeldine forums view thread 22156 P495

Hazeldine_daz3d.comforums_viewthread22156_P495_.PNG
    460 x 410 - 56K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Yup, looks like the same one I had. I'd find these words underlined and then if I hovered over them these popups would appear. It was so so annoying!

edited July 2013

Oh, yeah, I do actually remember seeing something like that, it was an add-on. I don't know how it got installed, I certainly didn't do so myself, but, I got rid of it and it has been fine ever since.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Phew! so I am not going mad. . . .
    Thanks for the reply folks - much appreciated
    WHAT ADDON I wonder !! I do not think I have had any addons.
    Any clues to help would be appreciated so I can remove the nightmare.
    My computer is 2 -3 days old with all the updates and antivirus and all that.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,421
    edited December 1969

I have firefox 21 with "noscript" running, and I do not have any of those ads pop up. So if you're seeing the ads, then it's definitely something on your machine.

edited December 1969

Lori_T said:

Go to where it says Waterfox in black and white in the top left corner, click that and click Add-ons. If you press ctrl and prt scr together this generates a snapshot of the screen. If you have Photoshop, paste this into a new file, save it then post it here. That way we can see what you have installed and eliminate the dud by process of elimination.

CHEERS!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited December 1969

Lori_T said:

It's probably what they call "Smart Tags":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_tag_(Microsoft)

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Lori_T said:

Hm, how is it you make these wikipedia links work in this forum?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Taozen said:
    Lori_T said:

:question: ???? Link works for me.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Taozen said:
    Taozen said:
    Lori_T said:

:question: ???? Link works for me.

Must be a Microsoft bug then - in IE8 the brackets are removed if you just click the link. If you copy-paste it into the browser though it works allright.

edited December 1969

No, it wasn't those, it was definitely an add-on, I get a funny feeling it snuck in with an update to Waterfox or something. I think we still need to see a screenshot of your add-on's to see if anything rings a bell.

CHEERS!

edited July 2013

...oops wrong thread (had this and the PC June Challenge thread open at the same time)

I just went over my post and found no hidden links. Running FF20.0 with Adblock and Noscript. What the heck is Waterfox anyway? Never heard of it before.

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said

No, it wasn’t those, it was definitely an add-on, I get a funny feeling it snuck in with an update to Waterfox or something. I think we still need to see a screenshot of your add-on’s to see if anything rings a bell.

I clicked on this link "click the" just above in Taozen's comment
    Sorry it was the middle of the night since my last entry so I slept and came back this morning. . . . .

Taozen-comment.PNG
    681 x 370 - 56K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    What the heck is Waterfox anyway? Never heard of it before.

64-bit version of Firefox

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...oops wrong thread (had this and the PC June Challenge thread open at the same time)

I just went over my post and found no hidden links. Running FF20.0 with Adblock and Noscript. What the heck is Waterfox anyway? Never heard of it before.

This is quite bizarre.
    Kyoto Kid . . . . Waterfox is an advanced version of Firefox only for 64 bit machines and I have the latest version of it
    I guess I need to get "Adblock" and "Noscript"
    Can anyone help with getting those?

edited July 2013

...ahh, nothing I need to be concerned about then as my notebook is 32 bit. Still odd that those links would just mystically appear in people's posts here, especially since the underline function is broken. Only go online from the workstation (using FF) to periodically update utilities and register new software so no need to get the advanced version of the browser for there.

Sounds more to me like an issue with the forum software rather than any of us who are "innocently" posting here. I'm running the latest full Norton security suite which is constantly maintained and updated.

Can you show me where the link appears in the post of mine you cited?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...ahh, nothing I need to be concerned about then as my notebook is 32 bit. Still odd that those links would just mystically appear in people's posts here, especially since the underline function is broken.

Sounds more to me like an issue with the forum software rather than any of us who are "innocently" posting here. I'm running the latest full Norton security suite which is constantly kept updated.

Can you show me where the one appears in the post of mine you cited?

It's not the forum, it's a plug-in on his computer. It adds those advertising links to any webpage which has certain words.

edited July 2013

...so it is an issue solely related to Waterfox then? Had me a bit concerned as when it comes to how all this networking stuff is set up today, I'm still a bit lost.

I'm from the "bear skin and stone knife" era of programming.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid - This is the snip of the original post

Kyoto.PNG
    664 x 344 - 152K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so it is an issue solely related to Waterfox then? Had me a bit concerned as when it comes to how all this networking stuff is set up today, I'm still a bit lost.

No, I think the same plugin works in Firefox, wish I could remember the name.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

No, I think the same plugin works in Firefox, wish I could remember the name.

Mike are you able to" fix my PC" please? Any suggestions?
    I am beyond annoyed about all this. . .
    LOL !!!