Carrara Monthly Challenge 29: Bad Timing, or Good Timing (Anachronistic) - WIP Thread

12345679»

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    diomede said:

Vyusur

To include a link to your WIP, click on the date/time next to your WIP post, copy the URL, and then paste the URL with your image in the Entry thread.

Thank you very much, diomede! I've got it!

And one more thing, where I have to upload my picture to be able to paste the link when I try to embed the picture to my post? I tried Google disk but to no result.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 2016

Vyusur, it is a two stage process - use the "attach a file" below the comment box and select your image and post your comment. Then right click on the small posted image and select Copy Link, then go to edit your comment.  Use the "Insert Image" icon round about the middle of the top row of icons when you are editing, this gives you a popup to enter the image details.  Paste the link that you copied into the top box, and enter 800 (if your image is wider than 800) in the width box, and then re-post your comment - it will now have the larger image as part of the post. I hope I have explained that so that you can follow it.

Post edited by PhilW on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited December 2016

Here is an update of my first idea if you go back to the early pages of the thread.  Cinderella's hair is a custom hair style.  Rendered separate images to be put on wall decorations.  Then rendered room and back figures with banners.  Then added more figures by putting previous render in the backdrop and using a shadow catcher for the floor.

cinderella background 4a.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 241K
    Cinderella wrong time render.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 224K
    cinderella background 1.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 321K
    ll01 screenshot cinderella.JPG
    1682 x 983 - 281K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Thank you so much, PhillW, for detailed explanation! Now it works!

Glad you got there!

Diomede - clever!

Thanks, Phil.

Reminder, can submit works in progress and entries up until midnight Utah time on Saturday Dec 10.  Around 32 hours left.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

I've entered my render with very minor changes from my earlier render and scene setup... I changed the way my logo appears and where and rendered at Best setting.

edited December 2016

Giza Plateau Before the Pyramids

I've never been satisfied with the transmapped add-on tails that come with the Daz Horse 2.  Here I've replaced the transmapped tail with a Carrara dynamic hair object.  The sky is a bigradient.  The terrain was customized in the Carrara's terrain modeler.  The British biplane is from 3DUiverse.  The chariot is from i13.  The Egyptian archer is the Poser 7 Male Simon with the world leaders' clothing for Ramses.  The chariot driver is Daz David 3 with the D3Egyptian knight outfit.  Some adjustments in Photoshop Elements.

tt01 ramses scene setup.JPG
    1674 x 1011 - 240K
    tt02 ramses render.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 168K
    tt04 ramses render entry.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 192K

Diomede - cool concept!

edited December 2016

Thanks, Phil. 

Reminder, the scheduled closing of the entry thread is today at midnight Daz Utah time. 

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/salt-lake-city

There are still a few cool WIPs that have not been submitted as entries.

My reign will be coming to a close soon.  Until then, I can feel the power!

feel the power.jpg
    640 x 480 - 35K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

paniking for time

furrified the text, kinda looks like an outerglow look

180-1.JPG
    1542 x 783 - 175K
    180-2.JPG
    244 x 767 - 50K
    180-3.JPG
    229 x 771 - 47K
    edited December 2016

The voting thread is now open.  Go there to vote.  Great job, everyone.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/130631/voting-thread-carrara-monthly-challenge-29-anachronism-incompatible-time-voting-is-now-open#latest

Voting Ends: Saturday 17 Dec 2016

Anyone with a Daz account can vote.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Here is a list of the entries for anyone who has not voted. Sorry for the delay... been off modeling... now I need to vote too.

txt
    txt
    CarraraChallenge29_entryList.txt
    809B
    edited December 2016

Family visit has ended. Good times.  yes​  Checking back in the Carrara forum.  Thanks to those who have voted in this month's challenge.  The voting thread remains active until Saturday night, so please vote if have not done so. 

Here is a quick note for whomever wins or gets honorable mention.  The holidays may throw some complications because of vacations at Daz, so we should try to be efficient on our end.  We submit as a group so we need everyone on the same page.  I will be sending you a private message through forum mail.  You will then be asked to load your Daz cart with items up to your prize limit - make sure the PA for each item is "Daz Original."   You can sort the store page by artist, so just check the box for Daz Original.  You will also have to provide the email associated with your Daz account. When everyone has notified me, I will send an email to our contact at Daz.  Please do this promply because price changs in items in the cart can be annoying.  My email will also have instructions for Naomi's sponsorship item.  Sometimes, Daz just processes the cart items, but recently they have confirmed the eligible cart items and provided a gift certificate.  We should be flexible and grateful on our end.

Great entries.  Good luck to all.

edited December 2016

The last day of voting approaches.  I got an update on how to handle the sponsorship by Naomi.  If you place 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or get honorable mention, be thinking about what you want.

I will report all of the winners' to our contact at Daz using the following format

Name

email address associated with Daz account

daz store credit amount (amount that matches your placement) 

one naomi item I should see in their cart.   http://www.daz3d.com/naomi

Thank you, Naomi!

Example:

1ST Place Winner:

Diomede

[email protected]

$100

Naomi 5 times the lady hair, store item number SKU:6325

If you are a wnner, I will need you to supply me with the email associated with your Daz account and the Naomi store item that you want.

Can still vote until midnight tonight, Daz Utah time.