Howto get Carrara environment into studio 4.5 (or vice versa)

Gaia ClaryGaia Clary Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am very new to Daz studio and Carrara so i am not sure if i made a wrong decision. However here is the long story behind my question:

I made a genesis based character with studio 4.5. And i found a Carrara environment which fits perfectly to my project. But ...

- i can only use Carrara-8.5 beta because i decided to work with Genesis on Studio-4.5
- Carrara-8.5 license terminates in 3 days
- Carrara-8.1 (released product version) seems to not work with Studio-4.5

And here are the questions:

- How can i get a Carrara environment imported to Studio ?
- Could i alternatively get only the light setup from Carrara imported to studio ? Then i could render the scene twice (once in carrara for the environment, once in studio for the characters) and merge the renders in a 2d image editor...
- Where do i get the most recent Carrara test version ? (download link to Carrara-beta build 172 is broken)
- Will there be a license renewal for Carrara-8.5 ?
- Do i have to drop my Genesis/Carrara project starting from 1-december-2012 ?

Any advice how i can step out of this pitfall is highly appreciated.
thanks

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Gaia Clary

Welcome :)

At the end of the current beta time limit,. we'll either get another serial to extend it's use, or another beta version to test.

Carrara 8,. was written and released before genesis and the DUF for mat were created,. so that's wht genesis won;t work in C8, only C8.5

Depending on your scene,. (if it's a file made for Carrara) It may use plants, replicators, surface replicators, dynamic hair etc,.. which are features of Carrara,. and cannot be exported into Daz Studio,. or any other program.

Lighting and shaders are also different for each program,.

So, you're primary route is to open the Genesis figure in Carrara 8.5 and render there.

You could take the Carrara scene,. and render out an image you can use in DS as a Background, or, add a spherical camera in Carrara, and render out a 360 degree "spherical environment" to use as a background in DS.

Hope it helps :)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My question is why use studio? Or why take a scene back to it?

• Gaia ClaryGaia Clary Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    My question is why use studio? Or why take a scene back to it?

Hi, ManStan;

I thought about moving back from Carrara to studio because i fear that i have to use Carrara-8.1 after next friday and i thought one method to keep on using genesis figures is to get the Carrara environment to Studio and continue from there.

But if that is pointless because we will get a license renewal anyways then i of course would prefer to setup all in Carrara

• Gaia ClaryGaia Clary Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI Gaia Clary

So, you're primary route is to open the Genesis figure in Carrara 8.5 and render there.

You could take the Carrara scene,. and render out an image you can use in DS as a Background, or, add a spherical camera in Carrara, and render out a 360 degree "spherical environment" to use as a background in DS.

Hope it helps :)

Hi, 3DAGE;

thanks for your hints. So i will keep patient until friday and hope there will be a renewal or a new beta.

However regarding the usage of genesis figure in Carrara-8.5 beta i have 2 more issues. But i will open another thread for that as it is no longer about taking a scene from Carrara to Studio.

If nothing else goes i will try to use the spherical camera idea. Thanks for that hint :)