Nice welcome/splash screen

GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi Daz.

Normally I don't like (actually hate) welcome/splash screens on any site.

They usually take time to load, say nothing important (IMO), and slow me down from where I want to get to.

So I hope you understand how big a issue it is for me to say I like the current welcome/splash screen to Daz3D site.

Congratulations to the artist who put it together. very cool. :coolsmile:

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

I'm happy to see most of the half naked people gone.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I'm happy to see most of the half naked people gone.

Not I. the current screen makes it look like a site for gamers or assets for gamers. There is already a huge issue with wannabe game developers thinking DAZ assets are for game design only, this new welcome screen gives that impression.

i would opt for a more serious looking render since so many have issues with the human form.

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited November 2012

Both valid points.

The previous welcome screen had M5 face-off against V5 which I thought was nice that the guys finally were given the same prominent position the girls usually get. And ok it shows how realistic the models have become.

But whilst I admire how realistic the artist get their rendered model, one tends to tired of viewing render after render of mostly naked bodies in a suggestive position (unless one is a pubescent child going through the onset of the hormone rush, which I'm sadly long past) .

So it was just very refreshing on this current welcome screen that the artist had put a lot of imagination into the models appearance and the guys were put out in front, wow! And yes it does look a bit like a gamers advert. But it was just such a pleasant change I had to thank Daz.

BTW I don't think adverts with naked models would sell clothes. ;-)

Post edited by Gigabeat on
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    Both valid points.

The previous welcome screen had M5 face-off against V5 which I thought was nice that the guys finally were given the same prominent position the girls usually get. And ok it shows how realistic the models have become.

But whilst I admire how realistic the artist get their rendered model, one tends to tired of viewing render after render of mostly naked bodies in a suggestive position (unless one is a pubescent child going through the onset of the hormone rush, which I'm sadly long past) .

So it was just very refreshing on this current welcome screen that the artist had put a lot of imagination into the models appearance and the guys were put out in front, wow! And yes it does look a bit like a gamers advert. But it was just such a pleasant change I had to thank Daz.

BTW I don't think adverts with naked models would sell clothes. ;-)

I have to say half naked is such a contradictory saying.
    You're either naked or you're not LOL:)
    edited December 1969

BTW I still don't like welcome/splash screens at any site.

My worst experience was trying to pay my Drivers 3rd party insurance online. I went to the insurance company web site to be greeted by a welcome screen of all these people smiling (probably because they had sh*t loads of cash to insure their ass, their kids, and their pets) and after that time waster I spent another 15 minutes trying to find the actual location on their site were to pay insurance. I didn't find it. I went to one of their rival company site that didn't have a welcome screen but a big button in one corner saying online payments. Guess who got my money.

edited November 2012

GigaBeat said:
    BTW I still don't like welcome/splash screens at any site.

My worst experience was trying to pay my Drivers 3rd party insurance online. I went to the insurance company web site to be greeted by a welcome screen of all these people smiling (probably because they had sh*t loads of cash to insure their ass, their kids, and their pets) and after that time waster I spent another 15 minutes trying to find the actual location on their site were to pay insurance. I didn't find it. I went to one of their rival company site that didn't have a welcome screen but a big button in one corner saying online payments. Guess who got my money.

I've always wanted a big splash of water as the splash screen that way there's no mistaking what it is.
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
    edited November 2012

I have to say half naked is such a contradictory saying.
    You're either naked or you're not LOL:)

So are cute furry animals actually naked or just provocatively dressed? :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/27/germany-bestiality-ban

Post edited by Gigabeat on
    edited December 1969

They have no idea what naked is, only humans are stupid enough to invent the word or should I say modern humans, I don't want to insult the neanderthal LOL!

edited December 1969

They have no idea what naked is, only humans are stupid enough to invent the word or should I say modern humans, I don't want to insult the neanderthal LOL!

No truer words hath been written. :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited November 2012

Incapable of resting the temptation to be pedantic, I need to point out that Neanderthals (10's of thousands of years ago) did have clothes. They lived in cold climates. They buried their dead with ceremony. Words were probably not unknown to them. And I'm sure that a naked Neanderthal evoked feelings of arousal in others.

Older species such as Homo habilis (2 million years ago) who lived in tropical or sub-tropical areas were probably unclothed.

That being said, I too was very pleased with the new spash page. As noted in an earlier post the man is right up front and there are no in-your-face bazoombas hiding behind two square inches of cloth or stainless steel brassieres. This is a page that could stand casual scrutiny in an office environment that didn't outright prohibit non-work related browsing.

And "half naked" is a perfectly good word (phrase). :-Q

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on