I want more dynamic clothing:(

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Recently I got into Daz dynamic clothing. It is a fantastic system. The optitex technology is brilliant. But why isn't there any new dynamic clothing on the market? Who controls The dynamic side of things? Does Daz submit clothing items to Optitex and they do the conversion? Or have Optitex given Daz the technology and Daz creates dynamic clothes at their leisure? I am very curious to know the situation here. We have a fantastic dynamic clothing system , but hardly any new items. I have already downloaded all the free stuff at Optitex daz freebie section, but I'm always looking for something new.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

As far as I know the conversion is done by Martin, who posts as Optitex though I think he's an external contractor. I'm not sure if it's possible to get hold of the conversion tool, even if you have the OptiTex software to start with. Do you have the various freebies Martin has posted on his own site?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Actually, somewhere between a half dozen and a dozen diffrent PA's have worked with Martin. But for some reason most of us tend to be a bit slow and almost all of us do other types of projects as well. In general we send Martin the idea and he does a fantastic job setting up the dynamic clothing we request. Then we do the texturing and the other bits. Depending on how large the project is and how much real life gets in the way working out a set and getting it all ready for the store can take quite a while.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2012

Does he have a set rate for conversions or is it dependant on the item? Also roughly what does he charge on average? Just so I can get an idea of how much it costs to make dynamic stuff for daz or myself

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

We work as partners on the projects that go into the stores. I have no idea how much he would charge or if he would. He has been known to take suggestions for the optitex store for example. But please keep in mind that some things that we can do with fabric in the real world does not work out the same in dynamics so not every idea is doable.

• edited June 2012

Basically we bring new dynamic clothes every week as store items or as freebies, we have hundreds of freebees and store items and work with around 7 PA's on this product.
    Because of all technical issues in the new DS4 and the new Genesis Avatars and some major upgrades in the OptiTex software the making of new products has slowdown.
    At the moment 4 PA's are working on new items and I hope that we will get soon on our production from 1 item pro week again.
    On the question how much it will cost to make privet items you must be aware that the whole process of one dynamic clothes item will cost at least 1 to 2 weeks to make it.

Post edited by Martin for OptiTex on
    edited December 1969

Cool thanks for reply. At least there is more dynamics coming out:) Thanks dude.

edited December 1969

Is there a link to the previous free dynamics here at daz.? Or are they the same as on optitex-dynamiccloth.com?

• SuzuranSuzuran Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Basically we bring new dynamic clothes every week as store items or as freebies, we have hundreds of freebees and store items and work with around 7 PA's on this product.
    Because of all technical issues in the new DS4 and the new Genesis Avatars and some major upgrades in the OptiTex software the making of new products has slowdown.
    At the moment 4 PA's are working on new items and I hope that we will get soon on our production from 1 item pro week again.
    On the question how much it will cost to make privet items you must be aware that the whole process of one dynamic clothes item will cost at least 1 to 2 weeks to make it.

I'm sorry for interrupt, but I would like to ask if there will be a dynamic cape for Male character. There is no cape for men despite there are already one dynamic cape and dynamic hooded cloak for female characer.
    I know male figure can wear them if scaling down the figure. But it's not same if there is one made for male. Or even have a different sizes for those cloaks and capes will be fine.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i need my own cloth creator tool and start creating clothes.
    where can i buy this cloth creator at daz shop?