Modifying/Morphing Clothing for Morphed Characters

I've been hunting around for advice/tutorials on creating morphs for clothing.  Everything I find deals with a base Genesis (or Genesis 2, 3, etc).  Then creating a morph around that shape using a modeler and bringing it back into Daz Studio using the Morph Loader Pro.  A great example of this is Sickleyeilds tutorial here:  http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Requested-Loading-Morphs-in-DAZ-Studio-450007378

My question has to do with Non-Standard or Morphed characters, particularly those with extreme changes such as RawArts Legendary Demon HD or those with GeoGraphed tails such as Roark 2.  I've tried modeling around an exported .obj of these modified characters, but (as you probably already know) they fail miserably.  Mostly because the adjustments that allow the clothing to fit to the character in the first place are reapplied, moving it.  For example, I tried using a modeler (Hexagon in this case) to move the shoulders of the GIS Emperor Coat in enough to clear the spikes.  The edge moves in, but it also increase the size of the coat by the same amount it did when it tried to AutoFit to the larger character.

So, is there any way to fit clothing to a modified character?  What's the best way if I want to create a loincloth that'll split around a tail or hood that'll allow for horns?  What model (if any) should I export as an .obj to use as a manequin?  What steps are needed to get the new or modified clothing back in without issues?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

So the problem is when you import moprh-obj for the clothing, did  you set riverse defomation option=Yes,

I use shirt product, with demoen, G2m then see my pic, 1 is without riverse defomation, 2 is with riverse defomation.

As you know,, when I use option Yes,, I think my tweaked shape is correctly imported.

(sorry, I just make morph for one side,)

(then I really recommend,, you will try blender, if you have already played hexagon,, and hope more powerful tool,

because,, blender is actually really powerful for those task , like make moprhs)

riverseNO.PNG
    1021 x 870 - 319K
    riverseOK.PNG
    1186 x 858 - 355K
    blend.PNG
    829 x 840 - 431K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Then if you will  hope  when , demon shape appleid to character,, the morph shape  auto-applied to the cloth, , with fit to.demon character. 

there is way (usually just overwrite, generate FHM or FBM , by this morph, (you need to set morph name as  those generated character morph name (not labbeled name, but actuall morph name)  then save it as morph for clothing.  

but I may not do so, because,, sometimes you may hope to add demon shape without Geo grafted item.  just change shape with another mat,, etc.

if you overwrite the demonFBM or HFM of the cloth,,( auto imported from g2m, , when cloth fit to character) , the cloth must trun to the shape. 

then I keep the morph, as manuall (when you apply the mosnter shape with geografted, I apply this  morph manually ,  then fit shape about this character)

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

In general, a clothing morph made in a 3rd party program like Hexagon, Blender or Zbrush should work fine when applied to the clothing in DS. Especially if using the DS feature of "Send to..", like the GoZ feature for Zbrush. However, I have come across situations like you describe where the morph seems to be over-ruled by something else going on in DS. One such case was when making a morph to flatten the breasts on a dress to make it suitable for a child character based on genesis 3. Normally auto fit will try to do this automatically but usually makes a pretty poor job of it, screwing up the clothing mesh quite badly. On a number of such occasions I have found that even though the morph I made in Zbrush was perfectly fitting the shape of the morphed Genesis 3 figure, when that clothing morph was applied to the clothing item in DS (via GoZ or not) the center of the chest of the clothing stood out away from the figure's chest. Even a deformer added in DS would not change this. No one could explain why this happened or what to do about it.

Perhaps it was a specific issue with the rigging of the clothing. The same may be true for the clothing you have mentioned. Sometimes DS does wierd things.

One possible way around this would be to have mesh brushes that work in real time within DS (such as those in Poser and Blender), so that you could manipulate the mesh in DS and see immediately if the results are what you want. Unfortunately, no one has made a plugin for such mesh brushes in DS yet. Personally, I think they would be very popular and would help to solve a lot of these problems. In the meantime... good luck with your outfit morphing problem.

• So the problem is when you import moprh-obj for the clothing, did  you set reverse deformation option=Yes

Thanks!  That did it.

I use a few programs for modeling, Hexagon was the first I learned and it's easy.  I found that I have to bypass the bridge, though as it doesn't allow for the Reverse Deformation option.  Eventually I'll figure out Blacksmith 3D or Pegasus, having picked them both up on sale.  Tried Blender, but the initial learning curve threw at the time.