Modeling with Littlefox....still good?

There's a number of Tutorial collections in the sale right now from Littlefox...her Modeling series....

http://www.daz3d.com/modeling-with-littlefox-part-collection1

Are they still good? Or are the old enough that they're not much value for using today's programs?

Comments

• 3anson3anson Posts: 313

her tutorials are excellent, and well worth buying. i know those are for modelling and rigging a V4 outfit, but the tutorials are still very relevant to the Genesis figures and Iray etc.

Regina's tutorial will teach you a good workflow and how to ensure that you have your polygon flow done in an efficient and good way.

tbh, any clothes modelling tutorials are  relevant to the Genesis figures, the only real difference to the final product would be the rigging method.

The actual modelling process is the same for all figures, if your polyflow is not done right, you will still get weird distortions, lumps and bumps etc no matter what rigging system is usedwink

• Yes, at this price, they are a steal and definitely worth getting them.  While she shows how to do things in her program of choice she does the tutorials in such a way that they aren't really program specific and she gives tips on where how to find some of the same features in whatever program you use.  I bought them on sale while still at RDNA for more and definitely got my money's worth with lots of great advice in these.  They are funny to boot.  She has a wonderful teaching style.  :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,376

I bought it when it first came on sale. While I haven't had time to read it throughly it looks like it will be useful and interesting. While it uses Modo, the principles can be applied to other progams as well.

Here is a link to some of the comments I got when I asked much the same question before I bought it.:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/122041/modeling-with-lady-littlefox/p1

• I also have them all and worked thru the one on rigging and it's excellent.  Make sure you get the one for DAZ Studio. There's one for Poser but she even says in the pdf that rigging is MUCH easier in DS.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

I am at least working thru the Modo part (I'm using Indie atm) and it's been more than exceptionally useful ;). Just getting rid of that annoying trackball rotation in favor of a much more useful, much less aggravating turntable rotation was worth getting it. LOL

Laurie

• Littlefox's tutorials are fantastic and the methods absolutely hold up.