The Toy Pony [commercial]

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Senior citizen ladies do NOT jump up & down and squee.

;-P

The heck with it! Boing, boing boing, squee!!!

Sod that, I've been bouncing and squeeing all day long! ;)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

*Maniacal giggling*

Congrats, Rawn. It looks like it turned out just as awesome as one would expect. The toon animals look adorable, too. :-)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,729
    edited December 1969

Thanx Guys
    Looks like release date is going to be later this week....I assumed it would be in the first round of releases...but I guess there are too many products for that ;)

Rawn

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I...I NEED this!! @_@ *makes grabby hands*

I'm going to recreate every G1 MLP the first chance i get! xD

edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    I...I NEED this!! @_@ *makes grabby hands*

I'm going to recreate every G1 MLP the first chance i get! xD

I hope everyone shares their pony memories. ;)

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Finally the answer to the Mill Cow is here, and Raw is the savior !!!

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Looks like another wonderful product that will be on my "when I have money" list. Some day I'll play the lottery and win big (then be broke an hour later after visiting DAZ)

edited December 1969

No worries...I am sure it will be in the store for a while ;)

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 908
    edited December 1969

So are all your animals based on the Horse 2? Could a more serious cow be made?

edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    So are all your animals based on the Horse 2? Could a more serious cow be made?

Yes and Yes

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I love to see what else you come up with for horse 2. Wonder if genesis and horse 2 can be combined to make a centaur?

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Is the Toy Pony an addon/morph for Daz Horse 2? I thought it is a separate and stand-alone figure. Maybe I misread something. I'm trying to save some money to buy the toy pony. lol

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Good work RawArt! You are very talented. PS: Love Kumar. Just bought him on sale, and you did a great job!

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Okay, so, here's the story.

Once upon a time in 1980s, My Little Ponies finally landed to our shores. TV show didn't, so ponies were plugged to the market with help from translated packaging (Italian concave-hooved ones, for the collectors) and ponies being available almost everywhere. They sold like hot cakes.

A shop nearby me had several still available (they were otherwise sold out in the whole city), but every day one had gone missing from the rack, and it looked like I was going to be ponyless; I was furiously saving and scrimping my weekly allowance, and knew that I would get enough by the end of the week, but it was an actual concern that they would sell out.

On my trip to do groceries with my mom, I sneaked to the toy shelf, took the pony I liked most -- a turned-head Applejack, blue eyes, three white dots on cheeks, again for the benefit of collectors -- and carefully hid it behind other toys so I could have just a tiny edge in getting my favorite pony.

On Saturday, after finishing the chores my mom and grandparents had given to me, I went to collect my allowance and I was both leaping with joy and shivering with terror -- what if someone had found the pony, and put it back and now it is gone? Instead of just handing me my money, my mom told me to go and look to the linen closet.

OMG! She had gone back to the store after seeing how much I liked the pony, enough to try and hide it, and she took it and bought it to me!

OMG! OMG! OMG! SQUEE! She allowed me to keep my money, and I was one happy squee-ball and playing with my pony like a ten-year old kid can do.

Which is to say that Applejack became a mighty fine astronaut and later, her other friends joined missions of fantasy and multiverse-traveling...

edited December 1969

Is the Toy Pony an addon/morph for Daz Horse 2? I thought it is a separate and stand-alone figure. Maybe I misread something. I'm trying to save some money to buy the toy pony. lol

RawArt said:
    You sure....looks like a stand alone figure to me. :)

It is a morph of the new horse.

Rawn

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    RawArt said:

Okay, so, here's the story.

Once upon a time in 1980s, My Little Ponies finally landed to our shores. TV show didn't, so ponies were plugged to the market with help from translated packaging (Italian concave-hooved ones, for the collectors) and ponies being available almost everywhere. They sold like hot cakes.

A shop nearby me had several still available (they were otherwise sold out in the whole city), but every day one had gone missing from the rack, and it looked like I was going to be ponyless; I was furiously saving and scrimping my weekly allowance, and knew that I would get enough by the end of the week, but it was an actual concern that they would sell out.

On my trip to do groceries with my mom, I sneaked to the toy shelf, took the pony I liked most -- a turned-head Applejack, blue eyes, three white dots on cheeks, again for the benefit of collectors -- and carefully hid it behind other toys so I could have just a tiny edge in getting my favorite pony.

On Saturday, after finishing the chores my mom and grandparents had given to me, I went to collect my allowance and I was both leaping with joy and shivering with terror -- what if someone had found the pony, and put it back and now it is gone? Instead of just handing me my money, my mom told me to go and look to the linen closet.

OMG! She had gone back to the store after seeing how much I liked the pony, enough to try and hide it, and she took it and bought it to me!

OMG! OMG! OMG! SQUEE! She allowed me to keep my money, and I was one happy squee-ball and playing with my pony like a ten-year old kid can do.

Which is to say that Applejack became a mighty fine astronaut and later, her other friends joined missions of fantasy and multiverse-traveling...

I kinda meant with art using this set...but thats still cool LOL

edited December 1969

*chortle* Just might do a pic of the scene!

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

:lol:

I was living in Germany when the MLP craze happened. Parents didn't start with allowances until I was way older, I would sit every Saturday morning watching MLP on the miltary syndicated channel, plus I was stuck with what ever the BX had and believe me they never had much to begin with. So when ever I did get a pony, it was rare and treasured. Like so many in life, you never forget your first.;-)
    For me it was Firefly.
    Skiriki was Applejack.

So who was your first?

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

They here.... just saying...

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

You know I'm supposed to be buying Christmas presents, not toy ponies!!!!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

..ebil, ebil, totally ebil.

...and yes, I want it.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    They here.... just saying...

Talk about cuteness overload.
    Very adorable.

edited December 1969

The Toy Pony

Now Available

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/the-toy-pony

In the candy land of magic dreams where happy people live the Toy Ponies bring love and joy and happiness to all they meet. Singing flowers sprout over every trail they pass and the smiling sun always shines to light their way.....and *cough cough*...opps...almost gagged on that. But yeah, these things are cute. You get it.

Product Includes:

• One Pony Morph
    • One Horn Prop
    • One Wing Figure
    • 6 Material colours for the horse
    • 6 Material colours for the eyes
    • 6 Material colours for the horn
    • 6 Material colours for the wings
    • 10 Material colours for the mane
    • 10 Material colours for the tail
    • 5 LIE decals
    • 7 poses

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

SO how long will it be before someone starts up the Magic Pink Pony cult again. ;-) Come back Dr Legume, all is forgiven.

edited December 1969

I should add....Pay no attention to the farm and safari animals...they are not really there yet.
    It is all in your imagination.

i-m-a-g-i-n-a-t-i-o-n

RAwn

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the Safari set. That will be higher up on my purchases (along with the pony) due to needing the rhino for a character render.

edited December 1969

I am glad you like it :)

But...

Safari and farm are not supposed to be out yet.
    I hope daz fixes that soon

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

I just bought the horse and the pony (love the pony!!!)

But I can't work out how to use them.

I rezzed the horse and applied the pony morph - pony...

But what about the mane and tail?

I see the colour choices for the mane and tail in the smart content, when the pony is selected. They are with all the body colours. But double clicking them will not change the mane or tail.

If I select the mane.. then the colour choices go and I only have the default horse ones a available.

Same for the tail.

I simply have no idea how to change the mane and tail, sorry for being so stupid :(

edited December 1969

The mane and tail are material files.
    You have to load them from the Horse2 folder, then you can apply the material colours directly to them.

Rawn

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

I am sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Where is the Horse2 folder?

I have a horse, I have added the mane and tail figures to it.

I convert the horse to a pony with the morph.

How do I convert the mane and tail to look 'toy'?

I can see all the lovely stripey options in Materials, but only when the horse/pony is selected in my scene. And then clicking them does not have an effect.

If I select the mane or tail figure in my scene, then I have no material choices for ponies in the smart content - just the default horse colours for them.

I can see SOME mane and tail colours in the Content Library, in the folder called Raw_ToyPony. But the lovely striped ones are not there, and that is what I want.