Freebie Contest Changes - Please Read

After some rather long discussions, the CV Team and I have decided we would like to turn over the running of the Freebie Contest to the Community . We really love the contest and all the wonderful renders we have seen in the contest, but at this time, we have decided that it would be best served for you to keep it going. We know it is a long standing contest that is very important to many members and the choice was not taken lightly or an easy one. We are making this decision as we would like to start a new contest aimed at helping people learn more advanced concepts such as animation or modeling etc. and time wise we can only manage and sponsor so many contests at one time. Given the ideas for the new contest that we are kicking around, it may be more time consuming than any contest/challenge we have attempted or organized before. We don't want to run into an issue where we do an injustice to you by not having the necessary time to properly run the Freebie Contest.

If anyone here would like to take over the contest, please contact me via PM here on the forums and we can discuss the changeover. Whoever takes it over would be responsible for what rules they want, judging the contest (or finding others to judge it), as well as organizing sponsorship.  If you want or need any help with any of that, I will happily assist in any way I can as would the rest of the CV Team to help get things going. We would be looking to turn the contest over starting a couple months from now on January 1st, 2017.

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited October 2016

Maybe this should be temporarily up among the sticky posts until January?

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815

I stickied it smiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

yes

I stickied it smiley

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Will it still be sponcered by Daz as well?

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

That is a good question, I hope it will :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

No, starting in January, the Freebie contest will no longer be sponsored by Daz or run by the Community Volunteers. As DAZ_ann0314 explained above, a brand new contest will be created, focusing on some of the more advanced tools and techniques in Daz Studio. We felt it was time to try something new. The freebie contest can live on as a user-run contest, similar to the RRRR contest, if the participants wish to organize it that way. It is up to all of you now, to decide whether it has run its course, or whether you want to continue it yourselves. In the case of RRRR, which is organized by Totte, contest participants themselves contribute gift cards and a few PAs generously offer products from their library to the winner. 

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited November 2016

I sure would like to see it continued and I am hoping that we can think of something :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited November 2016

Will it still be sponcered by Daz as well?

No it will not continue to be sponsored by Daz 3D (Though originally and for years it wasn't) That said, generally, you can find forum members, PAs, etc that are happy to sponsor.

On the Freebie Contest, at this time I am basically taking "applications" from those interested in possibly taking over the contest. You can send me a message up until probably November 19th if you are interested in taking it over. At that time, I'll go through those that contacted me and try to choose who would be best to run it. At that point, whoever is chosen, I'll gladly help as much as possible with getting it setup or answering questions etc. We love this contest and definitely want to see it keep going. (That said, whoever takes it over will be able to change it etc in any way they see fit...it will be "their contest" to run as they like) If a fair few people offer it could be the person I put in charge contacts the others and the groups possibly rotates who runs it from month to month (somewhat similar to how the CVs have done it)

If you are interested in taking the contest over and would like to be considered, please message me here on Daz 3D.

heart

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Just a little note to let you all know we found a volunteer that was willing to take over the freebie contest so it will be continuing on though there may be some changes to it as the person sees fit. Saphirewild is who will be taking over. We will still be running the contest for December and I'll be working with her through December to get everything squared away for her to take over the contest come January.

Thanks so much to Saphirewild for volunteering her time! If anyone would like to offer her any assistance, please feel free to contact her here on the forums. I'm sure she would be glad for the help smiley