Morph targets disappearing when I save the clothing

jthicksjthicks Posts: 0

I hope someone can help me. I export a clothing item from Daz 4.5 to Hexagon 2.5. I create the morph there, then send back to Daz. It works fine in Daz. When I save the clothing, and reload it, the morphs I just added are missing. I can't figure out what happened. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

You need to save the morph as an asset - File>Save as>Support Asset>Morph Asset. Enter your name and a morphs et name (these determine where the morph is stored in the Data folder) and check the morph(s) to save. The morph should then be available in the clothes.

• jthicksjthicks Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I tried saving the morph as an asset. When I select save as Morph Asset, I get an error that tells me I must save Figure/Node Assets before i can save Morph Asset(s). I have saved the clothing item before saving the morph, so I don't know what it is asking me to do.

edited December 1969

What figure is the clothing for?

edited December 1969

It is for M4. The morph shows up and works when it is returned to Studio, but when I fit it to the figure or save it, the morph vanishes.

edited December 1969

I am at a total loss on this. I have tried it on both a Mac and Windows machines, and everytime I save the file in Daz Studio, then reload it, the morphs are gone. Everything works fine until I save and reload the item.

I have also tried exporting the item from Hexagon as an OBJ, and using Morph Loader Pro to load the morph, and it says it saved its successfully, but I don't see the morph in the list.

I have tried searching online for more documentation on using Hexagon and Studio, and Morph Loader Pro, but can't find anything. Very frustrating.

Any help would be most appreciated. How do you make custom morphs for clothing, etc.?

Thanks!

edited December 1969

A scene file should save the morph, assuming that's the type of file you are saving (scene or scene subset). Unfortunately you can't save as a morph asset -that's for TriAx figures only.

Where does Morph Loader pro say it putting the morph - the group name should appear in the list of options. Since M4 has geometry belonging to the bones, rather than to the root as with Genesis, you will need to turn the option to create a root control on if you want a slider when you select the figure (rather than having sliders on each affected bone).