Fastest way to do Camera Orbit Navigation

DondecDondec Posts: 243
edited October 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion

I hate using those icons for Translate, Rotate.  In my other editors I can hold down the ALT (or other keys in Cinema4D) and use L/R mouse buttons, zip the camera around the selected object super fast.

Not sure what's up with the DS Camera, sometimes Alt L/R mouse works the way I think it should, sometimes it zooms off somewhwere, completely out of control.

What's the trick.   Thanks much

- Don

Post edited by Dondec on

Comments

• The default, I think, is ctrl+alt+LMB for orbit, ditto+RMB for rotate camera, and I can't recall the others. You can see, and edit, them in the lower portion of the Window>Workspace>Customise dialogue.

• Hi, dondec. This is the fastest way and Daz studio has built in support for the 3d connexion space navigator mouse.

You can get one new from amazon for about $100 us dollars.

• Hi, dondec. This is the fastest way and Daz studio has built in support for the 3d connexion space navigator mouse.

You can get one new from amazon for about $100 us dollars.

For Windows, I've a feeling it isn't available for DS on the Mac

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited October 2016

Keyboard and mouse navs are fine and efficient.  I see what's going on now.  The problem is the Camera Orbit function.  In most 3D programs the camera orbits the Selected Object.  In DS it orbits around the Origin... useless for large scenes.

This needed to be fixed ... or at least offer a script driven camera that Orbits the selected object.

Temp Work Around:  create an empty Group, move it to the location of the Selected Object, then child the camera to the Group.   Now it orbits the object correctly... but what a rigamarole, lol.

Post edited by Dondec on
  • Nice tip thank you