Symbol on a Supersuit

GavinDowningGavinDowning Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

For more simple textures, I've previously figured out how to pull up the texture files and make minor alterations as desired, but the supersuit appears to be something quite different. I'm making a superhero, and would like to put a symbol on his chest... but I have no idea how to even start to do so.

How would I go about doing so?

Thank you for the assistance.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Although the Supersuit is designed to use shaders it is still uv mapped, so you should be able to add a symbol in the usual way

• GavinDowningGavinDowning Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Perhaps I've not been doing it in the usual way, then. Normally, I select the surface texture map, open it in photoshop, make modifications I desire, and apply the new surface texture map. I'm not seeing that as an option here. Is there a different way I'm unaware of?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Although there is no default textures for the Supersuit as it is shader driven you can download the texture template at this link - http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates.
    Using the template as a guide you can then create a custom texture with symbol.
    It is also possible to add a symbol using shader mixer and alpha maps if you wish to use the shaders but this is a rather advanced method and would require you to know your way around shader mixer.

• BunnyTVSBunnyTVS Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

In the preview thread for the suit a Daz staffer (DAZ_Rand?) created symbols by applying the texture to Genesis and using a displacement map to pus it through the suit.

edited December 1969

Thank you for your help!

edited December 1969

I'm still lost -- I've downloaded the template and created the texture I want -- but I can't seem to apply the texture to the supersuit. Whenever I try, it just repeats a smaller copy of the texture several times, instead of applying the texture as intended. I must be missing something obvious.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I'm still lost -- I've downloaded the template and created the texture I want -- but I can't seem to apply the texture to the supersuit. Whenever I try, it just repeats a smaller copy of the texture several times, instead of applying the texture as intended. I must be missing something obvious.

See if tiling is set on the Surfaces tab.

edited December 1969

That did it! Thank you so much!