Packaging freebies?

LadyAlysLadyAlys Posts: 17
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So, I am interested in putting together some of the textures I've made to give away as freebies. But, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how I need to put it all together (what files are needed & where they go) in order to make it easy for others to use.

Does anyone know a good way or tutorial (or forum topic I missed) that easily explains (preferably step-by-step) how to do this?

I use DS, but would like to know for both DS and Poser setups.

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293
    edited November 2012

It's been a while, but if memory serves me correctly, you need a folder in libraries and textures (have you textures already in that folder) and when in Daz, load your item and then the textures from that folder and save to the libraries folder, so you have the correct file path. I have not tried to save Daz files to my library only to the runtime, so don't yet know the process for that. Once you do that, you can take the folders out of my library and zip them up. To make files for poser I would suggest poser format exporter, I have used it and it makes things so much easier then rewriting codes and paths.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited November 2012

The truth is: if it's just textures, all you need to do is zip them up and let people apply them as they want. I never, ever use packaged materials, as I have my own. If you are, however, going to make material groups for each of these, then that's another story. The lion's share of texture makers don't really understand the ins and outs of materials for both Firefly and DLight, so I'd just make the textures and let people who download them figure out how to apply them.

All you really need to do is create a folder tree from runtime/textures/ and your own personal folder below that.

That settup works for both DS and Poser.

Post edited by wancow on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on