Can promos PLEASE list program?

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

It's so annoying when a store promo doesn't show if it's done in Daz or Poser. It's not that hard to tag it!!

At renderosity, for me, a promo with a Daz render is a deal maker!

Here it should be mandatory!
There are vendors who work in poser, and vendors who work in Daz.

I don't really care, but if you include DS settings, then DO include labeled renders of both images from Poser and Daz. So BOTH users know what they're getting. I've bought things that claimed to have DS mats but they looked AWFUL... and didn't match the poser promo at all.

SO IMPORTANT.

Thanks for hearing me rant.

And to the awesome vendors that include them, you rock!!! Some of you already know what a loyal buyer I am. :)

Comments

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I agree that would be nice; also agree about the bad DS mats. I've often had much better renders from the Poser mats. Go figure. I hope our wonderful vendors can add this information to their promos.

I also appreciate links (or even a list) to other products used in the renders. You can help your fellow vendors; if you liked it enough to use it in your promos, maybe some of us will buy it too.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I've bought things that claimed to have DS mats but they looked AWFUL... and didn't match the poser promo at all.

Part of that might be the way D|S materials parameters have changed since the item was created, if it's old, but it seems to me more often it's due to simply not understanding the differences between Poser and D|S. Some examples — way back in the early days, some items were created with "D|S MATs" that were simply made by loading the Poser MATs then saving a D|S materials script. Total waste of time. And I remember coming across one item where the only change was slightly increasing the bump value... from a usual Poser tiny fraction of a millimetre to a merely small fraction of a millimetre. Things have improved since the early days of D|S, but there's still room for a lot more improvement. I know I very rarely buy anything any more where the store page says "materials may (!) need adjusting in DAZ|Studio".
  • fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Penname said:

I also appreciate links (or even a list) to other products used in the renders. You can help your fellow vendors; if you liked it enough to use it in your promos, maybe some of us will buy it too.

I agree wholeheartedly.