Dance Studio Add-On / The Loft Light Problems

Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Daz v4.9 – 3DL

I’m working on a scene using the Dance Studio add-on and have run into a problem.

I set up my scene and discovered that there was a light totally blowing out a section of my scene.  After a lot of trial and error, it seemed to be a light at the centre position of the scene, at floor level.  I tried everything I could think of to identify this light as there was nothing other than my A0A Ambient and three AoA Spotlights.  It was none of them.  I finally reloaded the studio and discovered that I had removed the built-in UberEnvironment light and all the other lights that came with the scene and replaced them with my AoA ones.  It was the UberEnvironment light that was the problem.  However, I had deleted it from the scene, but it never removed itself, even though it was no longer listed.

This wouldn’t be an issue as I can just re-import the studio one piece at a time as I only need two walls and a few props, but one wall (the left wall) is not available as a standalone prop, but is built in as part of The Loft.  I can’t get that wall without the entire Loft set which includes the lights that are causing me a problem.  I’ve tried to use the Corridor Wall, but I can’t apply the surface to it so it matches the back wall.  I’m kind of stuck.

Is it possible to, somehow, import a set, but prevent certain items you don’t want (ie-the lights) from loading with it?  No matter how many times I load the set and remove the included lights, that UberEnvironment light will not go away.

Edit:  Forgot to mention that, if I leave the Uber light in but try to disable it and/or turn the settings to 0 so it doesn't emit anything, it still causes the problem.  It's like it's frozen.  It simply will not shut off.

Post edited by Stryder87 on

Comments

• Are you sure it isn't the camera headlight that is causing the lighting? The spots should turn that off, of course, but ti soudns more likely than a ghost environment light. One thing you might check - Edit>Select>Seelct All Lights (or Scene pane option menu>Select>Select All Lights) - what do you get?

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Are you sure it isn't the camera headlight that is causing the lighting? The spots should turn that off, of course, but ti soudns more likely than a ghost environment light. One thing you might check - Edit>Select>Seelct All Lights (or Scene pane option menu>Select>Select All Lights) - what do you get?

I thought of the camera headlight and had disabled all that.  I also went in and deleted one at a time (then did a quick spot render) each light and camera until there was nothing left.  The light was still blowing out the bottom part of the scene, being sourced from the centre point where the Uber light had been.

I'll try the 'Select All Lights" option when I get home after work.  I had actually been looking for that option so I could check to make sure I had found and removed all lights, but I couldn't find it.

Ok, so I did a test.  I removed all lights (even check with the Select All Lights which came up with nothing), and turned off the camera headlamp.  I put 4 speakers around the centre spot of the studio and did a spot render of the entire scene.  See the attached for the results.  There is still a light at scene centre.  No idea what it is.  This is a fresh install of all the Loft and Dance Studio products of a clean install of Daz 4.9 (not an upgrade).

Studio Light Test.jpg
    1140 x 836 - 232K
  • That looks like a point light, possibly a linear pointlight given the complete darkness beyond its edge, or a xcluster of spots. I don't have this set to tesat it myself.

So I did another test.  Loaded up just The Loft, removed and few things, including all the lights, set up 4 chairs, no camera and did a full scene spot render.  There's definitely still one light at the centre of the scene as it shows on all chairs (and they cast a shadow onto the walls behind them) that seems to point towards the 'Door Wall' on the right.

I have no clue what's going on here as there are no lights in the scene (Select/All Lights).

Studio Light Test 2.jpg
    1120 x 829 - 308K