Convert item with rigging into a solid block OBJ.

TryhardTryhard Posts: 166

Here's what I want to do:

- Use MMD imported to import MMD Hair models to DAZ3D

- Convert/Export them to solid block OBJ

- Import them to Marvelous Designer as a "OBJ to Garment" as solid piece of cloth

- Apply right material properties/physics setting to get dynamic anime hair.

Problem starts when I press simulate button in MD and hairs falls apart into smaller components instead of falling to the ground as a one huge blog of hair.

Is there a way to export/convert models from DAZ as OBJ without any bone hiearchy leftovers?

Post edited by Tryhard on

Comments

• I think that bones are not the problem, but rather how hair is (usually) made. Its made from individual strips of geometry that are not actually connected to each other or to the skullcaps. So, yeah, in some "gravity" simulator it falls apart since its made from parts.

Perhaps you have an option in MD to fix parts of the hair near the head in place (as in "dont move/simulate") and simulate rest of it.

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

VWD Dynamic cloth and hair simulator will simulate that inside DS (you'd need the base package for Poser and the DS Bridge) available at Renderosity. It has options for detecting hair vertices close to the head and locking them in place, plus lots more other options. I also use MD and tried imported hair, but pinning all those pieces to the head would be pretty much impossible and probably still wouldn't do what it's supposed to do.

Do a search here for VWD.

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    VWD Dynamic cloth and hair simulator will simulate that inside DS (you'd need the base package for Poser and the DS Bridge) available at Renderosity. It has options for detecting hair vertices close to the head and locking them in place, plus lots more other options. I also use MD and tried imported hair, but pinning all those pieces to the head would be pretty much impossible and probably still wouldn't do what it's supposed to do.
    Jimbow said:

Do a search here for VWD.

I checked the video pieces on Renderosity and it seems to do exactly what I wish but good lord the way she stutters and hisses is a huge turn off.

I hope I can find a different tutorial of this.