Does V4 Skins Batch Converter work with Iray materials?

Does V4 Skins Batch Converter work with Iray materials?

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-batch-converter-to-genesis-2-female-s

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

The batch converter loads the skin to the character and saves it properly as a G2F set. It doesn't change anything in the settings, so if you have a V4 Iray skin, it should save it as a G2F Iray skin.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Um... this presumes that there is even a V4 skin that comes in Iray to begin with, doesn't it?  Is there such a beast?  Remember, the purpose of the batch skin convertor is to change .DS, .DSA or .PZ2 files to .duf, so that they're ready to work with the V4 to G2 UV maps and the auto convertor scripts.  However, any iray file will already be in .duf format, right? 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

There are Iray materials for V4...and, I suppose you could save it out as a 'depricated' preset, but I'd rather convert it to Iray AFTER 'up' converting it to G2

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Um... this presumes that there is even a V4 skin that comes in Iray to begin with, doesn't it?  Is there such a beast?  Remember, the purpose of the batch skin convertor is to change .DS, .DSA or .PZ2 files to .duf, so that they're ready to work with the V4 to G2 UV maps and the auto convertor scripts.  However, any iray file will already be in .duf format, right? 

Yes. A number of Rendo venders who still do V4 are now adding Iray. (Seven)

BUT, examining the file hieracrchy, I see there ARE duf files, but the files aren't in a DAZ library format, so they're only under Poser, but I can manually fix that now that I know :)

• yes if was originally an iray it will be saved as Iray,most of the V4 skins are old 3delight ,just change them with something like v3digitimes iray converter for gen 4 once you get them loaded on to gf2.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

FTR, I learned elsewhere that the Converter does NOT do iray.  Any iray texture preset converted goes on as a 3Delight.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The converter is poorly named, it just converts older material preset file formats to the new .duf DSON file format.