A Questions about "Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro by Blondie9999"

drucdruc Posts: 341
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question so please accept my apology if it is incorrect.

I am a complete newbie in rigging for either Poser or Daz Studio. I have a beginners level of ability with hexagon that will only improve with experience, but I am completely baffled with grouping in Daz so can't get passed first base with rigging.

I read the description on Blondie999's Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro item page in the Daz shop and it looks like it would suit perfectly. Above the product description it says 4.5 pro required. The product description says 4 pro required. I have had both, now use 4.5 and I concerned if the tutorial was written for Daz Pro 4 the changes made in Daz Pro 4.5 will cause confusion.

My questions: Is the tutorial written for 4.0 or 4.5? and does it include rigging for "geo-grafting"

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

Thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

The tutorial was written for 4.0, but there haven't been any major changes to the rigging tools for 4.5 so it should al apply still.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

druc said:

My questions: Is the tutorial written for 4.0 or 4.5? and does it include rigging for "geo-grafting"

Thank you.

I have this item, and it does not cover geo-grafting, but it does cover everything else including Ghost bones and Bulge Maps.. It is a very good tutorial for learning the basics of rigging, and I would have been lost without it.

• drucdruc Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the replies.

• joshuabouillion87joshuabouillion87 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

I have just purchased this also. My question is how do i find the PDF tutorial? I went through file and products in SMART CONTENT, didn't find anything. Although i did go through content library, then looked through the A-Z list. Found the ginger bread man, but unable to load it into the scene. Anyone can help?

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

If you download the file manually you will find the PDF in the zip. No idea where it goes if you do it through DIM.

• joshuabouillion87joshuabouillion87 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Figured that would be the other option. Going to try that. Still not sure why I'm unable to load the gingerbread man into the scene.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 1969

druc said:

Thank you.

I have this item, and it does not cover geo-grafting, but it does cover everything else including Ghost bones and Bulge Maps.. It is a very good tutorial for learning the basics of rigging, and I would have been lost without it.

I agree. Very helpful to me.

I did use DIM to download. I found where it installed by rightclicking on the DIM installed line and using the menu to find installed files. DIM showed me where it installed, and clicking on it took me to the folder with the pdf file. Hope that made sense.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you installed using DIM to the default location you should find the files here :

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library) :

/Presets/Materials/B9999/GingerbreadMan/GB_Man_Clay.dsa
    /Presets/Materials/B9999/GingerbreadMan/GB_Man_Clay.png
    /Presets/Materials/B9999/GingerbreadMan/GB_Man_Colors.dsa
    /Presets/Materials/B9999/GingerbreadMan/GB_Man_Colors.png
    /ReadMe's/images/14466.jpg
    /ReadMe's/images/logo.png
    /ReadMe's/ReadMe_14466_1.0_Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro.html
    /ReadMe's/ReadMe_14466_1.0_Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro.pdf
    /Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro.pdf
    /Runtime/Geometries/B9999/DS4RigTut/B9GingerbreadMan.obj
    /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_14466_Rigging_Original_Figures_in_DS4_Pro.dsx

As you will see from the above, the Gingerbread man is in OBJ format (mesh) and is not yet rigged, so you have to follow the PDF tutorial on how to do that.