Who's That Girl?

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Wow! This might be the PERFECT pin-up girl!

Who is she!? If she's a custom character, how can I get that shape? If I try to get plump, curvy thighs like that with the weight morphs it makes the belly bigger. How can I get this shape? She's GORGEOUS and really, to me, just about the perfect classic pin-up girl!

Please tell me that she's a character I can purchase!? :) If not, is there a product that can help me get that shape on my pin-up characters?

Comments

• Looks like Bethany + Girl 7 to me 

Attached images: Beth 70% + Girl 30% with some waist and thigh dials, G3F Body morphs 

daz004.jpg
    800 x 909 - 183K
    daz005.jpg
    800 x 1123 - 191K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Looks like Bethany + Girl 7 to me 

Attached images: Beth 70% + Girl 30% with some waist and thigh dials, G3F Body morphs 

Ah, poop. I don't have either of those figures. Dang. 

Thanks for the info. I have both those figures on my wish list and have been waiting for a good sale. Hopefully they'll get a good sale soon. 

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

I tried with Bethany and some morphs. Result you can see in the screenshot.

You can play with the morphs in "waist" ...

Here is a item you could try http://www.daz3d.com/body-by-sublime-ii

I think I saw an other one somewhere....

PinUpFigur1.jpg
    1139 x 854 - 118K
    JUJU said:

I tried with Bethany and some morphs. Result you can see in the screenshot.

You can play with the morphs in "waist" ...

Here is a item you could try http://www.daz3d.com/body-by-sublime-ii

I think I saw an other one somewhere....

Thanks, JUJU. That product is pretty much out for me, as it requires 3 different "7 figures" that I don't own. 

I'll have to keep an eye out for Bethany - hopefully she'll get a good sale soon. 

There are two more "Body by Sublime" items

http://www.daz3d.com/body-by-sublime-iii

http://www.daz3d.com/body-by-sublime-body-shapes-for-genesis-3-female-s

Olympia 7 could also be a Pin Up ...

• Beth was free with only $2-ish purchase a few weeks ago, right before PA sale.

Girl was $10 just 2 weeks ago.

Hope you will get both soon laugh

edited October 2016

Beth was free with only $2-ish purchase a few weeks ago, right before PA sale.

Girl was $10 just 2 weeks ago.

Hope you will get both soon laugh

Uhh What? You could get Bethany 7 for $2 a few weeks ago? I really don't remember that ...at all. I would have taken advantage of that if that was the case. 

The Girl 7 was only $10? With no aditional purchase? 

I think you might be mistaken on those. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Play with the morphs. Here is a try only with the body morphs

PinUpFigurMorphsOnly.jpg
    1139 x 948 - 160K
    JUJU said:

Play with the morphs. Here is a try only with the body morphs

Thank you. I'll give them a try - they are a bit closer. Still the original image is quite a bit more "hour glass" imo. With the thighs being quite plump and curvy and the waist teeny. lol Pretty unrealistic without a corset imo but still quite cute. heheh :)

Thank you for taking the time to work on that and share your morph settings! That's really nice of you! heart

• Yes, Beth free with $2 purchase. I picked the $5 item cos I like it. 

Girl 7 $12.5, with featured PA items, 1 or 2 days later dropped to $10, I sent a ticket n got $2.5 refunded.

IMG_0289.PNG
    1268 x 515 - 51K
    Image 2.jpg
    1517 x 623 - 75K

You can change the parameter settings for waist width and overdo it.... but it looks not very good then....

Good luck ;)  Perhaps Olympia or Bethany will be on sale soon ;)

PinUpFigurMorphsOnly2.jpg
    1139 x 948 - 163K
    edited October 2016

Yes, Beth free with $2 purchase. I picked the $5 item cos I like it. 

Girl 7 $12.5, with featured PA items, 1 or 2 days later dropped to $10, I sent a ticket n got $2.5 refunded.

The Girl one doens't really count as it looks like you had to spend more than the "$10" to get the item - it looks like you had to spend like $27? And having to buy additional items to qualify for that $10 price isn't exactly what I was talking about. 

And the "$2" for Bethany 7 - what you're showing me doesn't tell me anything really. You probably got a "orange banner" to get it at that price. There is no way that Bethany 7 was just magically $2 with no other qualifications needed. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    JUJU said:

You can change the parameter settings for waist width and overdo it.... but it looks not very good then....

Good luck ;)  Perhaps Olympia or Bethany will be on sale soon ;)

Thank you, JUJU! :D I really appreciate the help! 

• Yes, Beth free with $2 purchase. I picked the $5 item cos I like it. 

The Girl one doens't really count as it looks like you had to spend more than the "$10" to get the item - it looks like you had to spend like $27? And having to buy additional items to qualify for that $10 price isn't exactly what I was talking about. 

And the "$2" for Bethany 7 - what you're showing me doesn't tell me anything really. You probably got a "orange banner" to get it at that price. There is no way that Bethany 7 was just magically $2 with no other qualifications needed. 

Girl 7: yeah, $10 with additional purchases. But i like the Ricardo hair n would get it with or without Girl 7 discount. So a win-win for me, lol

Bethany: I dont have any reason to tell you a lie, no orange banner, just free with an item from a certain PA, and there was a $2 item (flower or sthing like that). I just picked the $5 item. Oh, Kids 4 pro bundle free on that sale too, you can ask around to see if it is true or not.

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449

You could check Daughters Of Eve by Pixeluna. They only need the Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs to work and they give you a lot of options.

edited October 2016

Girl 7: yeah, $10 with additional purchases. But i like the Ricardo hair n would get it with or without Girl 7 discount. So a win-win for me, lol

Bethany: I dont have any reason to tell you a lie, no orange banner, just free with an item from a certain PA, and there was a $2 item (flower or sthing like that). I just picked the $5 item. Oh, Kids 4 pro bundle free on that sale too, you can ask around to see if it is true or not.

I'm here every day, several times a day. I've not seen Bethany 7 for only $2 over the past few weeks. Sometimes people get orange banners and the banners don't show up. Perhaps you got one and did not realize it. Because, I'm telling you, I SERIOUSLY doubt that you could get Bethany 7 for only $2 without it being some kind of special orange banner deal. 

But this is going no where, so I'm done arguing with you about it. Have a good day. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited October 2016
    seeker273 said:

You could check Daughters Of Eve by Pixeluna. They only need the Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs to work and they give you a lot of options.

Oh nice! Only $8 - I will definitely be keeping an eye on that and might get it. The Daughters of Eve 2 body morphs for G3F looks like it gives some nice curvy options. 

Thank you for the suggestion! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • seeker273 said:

Oh nice! Only $8 - I will definitely be keeping an eye on that and might get it. The Daughters of Eve 2 body morphs for G3F looks like it gives some nice curvy options. 

Ive got this product. If you like, I can post some pics later on. Itll be a few hours before I can get to it though.

seeker273 said:

Ive got this product. If you like, I can post some pics later on. Itll be a few hours before I can get to it though.

Oh that would be really nice! I'm pretty confident that I'll be getting it though, so I don't want you to be bothered with rendering with it - unless, of course, you want to! heheh :D

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I'm here every day, several times a day. I've not seen Bethany 7 for only $2 over the past few weeks. Sometimes people get orange banners and the banners don't show up. Perhaps you got one and did not realize it. Because, I'm telling you, I SERIOUSLY doubt that you could get Bethany 7 for only $2 without it being some kind of special orange banner deal. 

But this is going no where, so I'm done arguing with you about it. Have a good day. 

For what it's worth, I have no memory of that offer either. If it was an 'open to everyone' kind of thing, maybe it was just short-lived, in a flash kind of way.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    I check the site every day and I don't remember free Bethany, either. Unless this was like the one day I was gone. It certainly wasn't in an email, I just searched my Daz emails for "Bethany".
  • seeker273 said:

Oh that would be really nice! I'm pretty confident that I'll be getting it though, so I don't want you to be bothered with rendering with it - unless, of course, you want to! heheh :D

Well if your going to get it, how about I scan through the package and see if I can find the body shape that most closely resembles the one your looking for? Itll be about another hour before I can get to it.

For what it's worth, I have no memory of that offer either. If it was an 'open to everyone' kind of thing, maybe it was just short-lived, in a flash kind of way.

I check the site every day and I don't remember free Bethany, either. Unless this was like the one day I was gone. It certainly wasn't in an email, I just searched my Daz emails for "Bethany".

haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't remember that. My memory isn't that great but I'm pretty sure I'd remember that. lol 

seeker273 said:

Well if your going to get it, how about I scan through the package and see if I can find the body shape that most closely resembles the one your looking for? Itll be about another hour before I can get to it.

That would be great! Thank you! :) I look forward to it!

• seeker273 said:

That would be great! Thank you! :) I look forward to it!

OK, I couldnt find an exact match. Here is Body 9 at 80%. I felt it was the closest. I think that if you combine a few morphs here and there you should have no problem getting the shape your looking for.

Body_9 80%.jpg
    600 x 776 - 149K
  • @divamakeup: I'm not arguing with you, I just want to tell a fact. That's all.

The sale day is Aug 27, right before PA sale. It's BOGO sale, featured PAs store at least 50% off. No orange banner, no miracle, it's a "normal" sale.

Attached file is image of Daz newsletter sent to users on that day. 

daz006.jpg
    1200 x 1469 - 1M
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332

Everybody has his or her own ideas of what a pinup should look like, here’s mine. Tip: pinups should have long legs; increase the length of the legs by 25%.

Pinup Pam.jpg
    364 x 600 - 23K
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

As you say, some folks aren't necessarily looking for the longer legs, they want the curves and hourglass shape, which may involve a wider thigh, and not necessarily a longer leg.

That said, I also almost always add 10-15% onto the leg length, even when I'm not doing pinups. blush

--  Morgan