Mac OS Sierra and DS 4.8 or 4.9

Is anyone using the new Mac OS Sierra and DAZStudio 4.8 or DAZStudio 4.9? Does either one work OK with Sierra? I'm still on DS 4.8, so I'm hoping that would work if I upgraded to Sierra.

Any Mac user using Sierra and DS 4.8, please let me know if I works OK on Sierra. Did you experience problems when you upgraded to Sierra?

Comments

• Updated from El Capitan to Sierra without a hitch. Finder seems to be running much better than in 10.11; using much less memory. Used both the released and beta versions fo DS 4.9.x and the only issue I have is Studio taking minutes to crash after quitting. Happens less on the 4.9 beta. 

Overall, Sierra is not giving me any issues with other apps (Sketchbook, Poser, Clip Studio, Blender, etc). Trying to update Reality and that's not gonna happen until the point release. Maybe. So update Reality before updating the OS.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Thanks very much for answering, CartoonMike. So, DAZStudio crashes, though, when you try to quit?

And you are using Poser? Which version? I'm using Poser 11 Pro, v. 11.2. I also have a version of Poser 10 Pro.  No problems with Poser? But which version?

Did you ever try DS 4.8 with Sierra? I'm guessing not.

But, thank you very much for the information.

• I'm using DAZ Studio 4.9.3.71, Poser 11.0.5.32974 with macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Beta (16B2548a) and everything is working as expected.

If you don't want DAZ Studio to crash when quitting just log out before and wait to have Work offline: for me it's not related to Sierra because it was the same with El Capitan and Yosemite...

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Thanks for that last bit of information. How about DS 4.8? Is anyone using 4.8 with MacOS Sierra?

• I'm using DAZ Studio 4.9.3.71, Poser 11.0.5.32974 with macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Beta (16B2548a) and everything is working as expected.

If you don't want DAZ Studio to crash when quitting just log out before and wait to have Work offline: for me it's not related to Sierra because it was the same with El Capitan and Yosemite...

Great tip. Thanks for that.

• I have Daz 4.9 running on my Mac pro with 10.6.8 and it is slow and quirky. So I just bought a new iMac 27" with Sierra 10.12.4 and Daz Studio 4.9 won't even load on. The installer just quits.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,290

I have Daz 4.9 running on my Mac pro with 10.6.8 and it is slow and quirky. So I just bought a new iMac 27" with Sierra 10.12.4 and Daz Studio 4.9 won't even load on. The installer just quits.

It should work as a conventional installer, but just in case, after you launch the installer and it quits, open System Preferences< Security and Privacy and make sure it allows apps from App store and Identified developers.   

• I have done that. And then the installer for Daz quits anyway.

I'm stuck.

• Whoa! Now it is working....

• Thank you. It seems after a restart it is working.

• Well, now after giving this a time to figure out my Daz Studio quits randomly while attempting to pose figures.

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4. Problems.....help!

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,290

Well, now after giving this a time to figure out my Daz Studio quits randomly while attempting to pose figures.

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4. Problems.....help!

My guess is that there is some damage in your original Sierra installation; it happens, the OS consists 10's of millions of lines of code.  First, test it out....  create a new user account, open Daz Studio and render.  If no crashes, then the problem is in your original user account.  Make sure you have a complete and functional backup; I woiuld recommend a Time Machine backup which includes your system and applications.  Use Disk Utility to do a repair  from the Recovery Partition.  Test and render again.  Reset SMC and PRAM.  Test and render again.  Open Console application and see what happens when a crash happens; what does the computer think caused the crash.  Re-install Daz Studio; it is possible that what ever blocked the firstinstallation only allowed an imperfect installation the second time. Finally, if you have the proper backup, think about reinstalling the OS.

• StevieDStevieD Posts: 103

I am having terrible problems with Sierra and DAZ Studio 4.9 and 4.6 (I skipped from one right on to the other). But it seems to be effecting ONLY Keymate. I have a machine with Yosemite and 4.6 keymate works perfectly. Another Machine with Sierra 4.6 and 4.9 both do not work with KEYMATE.  I haven't found too many other things except some of the lights (AoA) I think I read here that that was 4.9 though. . I haven't had time to test everything but KEYMATE is a deffenate disaster with Sierra. I also haven't had time to contact GoFigure yet and I haven't solved it yet. But I deffenately had this problem directly associated to Sierra.

See this link to see the discovery and how I found out it was Keymate and the circumstances.  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/167811/i-finally-tried-4-9-but-i-m-very-sad-how-can-an-update-work-so-much-worse-mac

See thiis 

• oomuoomu Posts: 175

no problem here on a Mac Pro with MacOs Sierra.

I advise to test applications with a new account, fresh of any settings. 

DAZ put a lot of work files in ~/Library/Application Support/

if there are some corruptions there, it can affect the application.

-

To avoid any problems, I advise to install the daz package with DIM and to use default paths for installation and library

If you restricted execution from only the App Store, you can always allows a new application by right-clicking on it and then Open and to confirm.