Hiro 5 Render Thread

2»

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Anyone else getting seams in the default Hiro 5 textures? I applied both the Hiro 5 Base and the Hiro 5 Skin Uber Surface and they each render with seams at the limbs. I checked the surfaces tab and Hiro 5 is selected as the UV set.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited March 2013

no but it could be setting in studio. see if you have other character with seams

also make sure you have the right UV map selected in the surface tab

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
    edited December 1969

No other problems, just this texture. I can apply any other texture to Hiro 5 or Genesis and don't get the seaming problem. I can apply the Hiro 5 textures to other Genesis figures, such as Aiko 5 or Michael 5, and I get the same problem with the seams.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    No other problems, just this texture. I can apply any other texture to Hiro 5 or Genesis and don't get the seaming problem. I can apply the Hiro 5 textures to other Genesis figures, such as Aiko 5 or Michael 5, and I get the same problem with the seams.

What's your shading rate? If it's too high and the texture doesn't bleed off the UV map, you can get odd seams. Try setting it at 0.1 and see if that helps.
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:

What's your shading rate? If it's too high and the texture doesn't bleed off the UV map, you can get odd seams. Try setting it at 0.1 and see if that helps.

That was it! Thanks a lot for your help. I probably won't ever use the default texture, but it's nice to know how to get it to render properly.