Bryce Won't Send to DAZ Studio

DAZ sees and sends to Bryce 7 Pro just fine, but Bryce won't send to DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro. It tries to give me the chance to select the version of DAZ, but there's nothing to choose from. I'm not able to find a way to set a path so it can find DAZ Studio. I've gone through the Help files with no luck (The Help file included is for Bryce 6, though). I've tried this with DAZ Studio open and closed with no luck. I've sent things from DAZ to Bryce, but can't send them back either. If there is a way I can save my Bryce work that DAZ Studio can work with, and open it there, that is OK. Thanks!

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

I had the same issue.  The solution was to uninstall and reinstall Daz Studio. 

I found my answer here:   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/150748/#Comment_150748

• waltn3mtjwaltn3mtj Posts: 112

OK, thanks! I appreciate that very much. I hope I don't have to download all my stuff again...... I"m un/reinstalling DAZ now.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ, no joy. The regedit suggestions didn't help either..... Back to the drawing board...............

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Not sure if this will be a workaround, but have you tried starting the bridge in the opposite direction?  I've lost track of which direction to go, but I can't get it to work in one direction, so I start the other application instead and send a random object like a cube in the opposite direction to initiate the bridge, then at that point I'm able to send things back the other way.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    waltn3mtj said:

I just uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ, no joy. The regedit suggestions didn't help either..... Back to the drawing board...............

Did you have a mesh selected or performed "select all" in Bryce 7 Pro before selecting "Send to Daz Studio"?

sriesch said:

Not sure if this will be a workaround, but have you tried starting the bridge in the opposite direction?  I've lost track of which direction to go, but I can't get it to work in one direction, so I start the other application instead and send a random object like a cube in the opposite direction to initiate the bridge, then at that point I'm able to send things back the other way.

I've tried it both ways. I sent to Bryce from DZ, worked on what I wanted to do, then when I found I needed to make a change in posture, it wouldn't send back. I've started a background in Bryce, and tried sending to DZ to place my figures and props I wanted and it failed to open. Since having this issue, I have sent randdom items as you mentioned!

In short, no matter what I have tried so far, Bryce opens a dialog with an empty selection menu about which version of DZ I want to send to.

I've tried from a clean slate installing everything in the order mentioned works...... it just doesn't want to cooperate.....

Lindsey said:
    waltn3mtj said:

Did you have a mesh selected or performed "select all" in Bryce 7 Pro before selecting "Send to Daz Studio"?

I'm such a newbie that each time I look at the owner's instructions, I still find tons of things I missed last time. Should mesh be selected or not? I never thought of that since it seems to assume I have DZ installed, but comes up blank with selecting which one (I only have DZ4) & from exploring everything associated with the link you gave, found even people having DZ3 had this issue. I think I've tried every success post with no luck. I've looked at the registry keys (whew!) of both Bryce and DS with nothing sticking out as a common demoninator.

Norton AV doesn't have any issues or logged interventions so I don't think it is responsible. I didn't even know about DS until after Win 10 Anniversary self updated, my radio related programs all seem to work and talk with each other...... Sorry, I'm just scratching at straws in case there's something here unique.... It is just the one-way street that has me puzzled.

I do have to comment that both sets of instructions seem to be for the previous version and I'm finding changes in software with things in different places, new, or no longer around so I may be missing something out of pure operator error on my part.

• Any news on this? I'm having the same issue - send to Bryce from DS 4.10 and then when I try to send from Bryce 7 Pro to DS, I get the "Choose the version of Daz Studio to run" dropdown with no options.

Do either or both have to be installed on C:\ for this to work? Because I can assure you, it ain't happening.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

It's a common question here.  Follow the links from this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3503296/#Comment_3503296

• waltn3mtj said:

DAZ sees and sends to Bryce 7 Pro just fine, but Bryce won't send to DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro. It tries to give me the chance to select the version of DAZ, but there's nothing to choose from. I'm not able to find a way to set a path so it can find DAZ Studio. I've gone through the Help files with no luck (The Help file included is for Bryce 6, though). I've tried this with DAZ Studio open and closed with no luck. I've sent things from DAZ to Bryce, but can't send them back either. If there is a way I can save my Bryce work that DAZ Studio can work with, and open it there, that is OK. Thanks!

The simple answer for this os to install DAZ Studio 32 bit. I had this issues too and I solved it by installing DAZ studio 32 bit