Eva 7 or Olympia 7

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
edited October 2016 in The Commons

Right now if you buy a new release you can get a starter bundle for less than $17. There are more than half a dozen "7 figure" starter bundles available at that price - and I don't have any of them. That's making it REALLY hard not to spend money - even though I've resolved not to. lol I doubt I'll buy anything, but, if you guys were to pick, what would be your pick? Eva 7 or Olympia 7? Those are the two that seem to have the most realism with the body morphs and textures (I think?). So between the ones that are being offered right now (Eva, Olympia, Karen, Bethany, Josie, and Arabella), which would you recommend? 

I doubt I'll end up buying one, but even if I don't I'd love your opinion on those - as I'd like to work out which figures I want to get (eventually) and which I'll probably pass on. I've heard good things about Eva. And Olympia looks lovely too. But a couple of the others look like they would also add some nice things to my characters' gene pool. Which figures do you recommend? 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,322

Personally I adore Bethany and often dial her in in small amounts.

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750

Bethany and Arabella give a good range of body shapes (with G3F base and V7) plus pale and a medium skin tones although with your ability in 2D programs I guess that's not so important.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2016

heart Eva

sigh  Izabella the lass i wanted next, she not in the offers >.<

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited October 2016

I find I don't tend to use either. I liked Olympia 6 a lot but haven't used her gen 7 counterpart. I am going with Eva though. I prefer her content.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Olympia 6 gets my vote.  She works pretty well for the type of renders I do.  I have to say out of all the 6's I like her the best.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Another vote for Olympia 6 here.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited October 2016

Yah, Olympia 6. But since Olympia 6 isnt on offer, I would say Olympia 7. She has a nice touch of drama to her look.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Olympia...hands down :).

Laurie

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited October 2016

Bodywise Olympia is a nice base figure,  for mature figures, and more athletic figures.  Eva 7; however for me has a unique enough face that I tend to use her a lot more when I specifically don't want a figure that looks like a Victoria clone.   I don't think you can go wrong with either figure really.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    Olympia. I use a mix of her in almost all my figures.
  • I have both and generally prefer Olympia over Eva. Olympia has a fuller figure, if that is what you are looking for. 

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Buy both!! Tough choice, I'd probably go for Olympia though. She's lovely. 

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Eva is my Genesis 3 favorite : )

• Tough choice. They're both good. Probably lean toward Olympia. For me, the big underrated surprise of G3F was Arabella and Vyria for Arabella. Those two characters are much better than the promos let on.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Arabella7 and Olympia7 are perhaps my favourite; I like Aiko too.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Over all I'd go Olympia, after that Arabella. All the bundles and characters have their advantages but personally but Olympia comes out ahead in morre categories for me.

Bigges advantages of the Olympia bundle: Best clothing option of the starter bundles IMO in the trendsetter outfit, particularly the shirt wich is super nice looking and very kitbashable. Best texures and materials without fiddling; don't get me wrong all the textures are pretty nice (although arabella's eyebrows don't thrill me), but I think Olympia's look the best without tweaking materials. Also Olympia definitely has the best eye textures. While Olympia doesn't have my favorite head or body morph, She probably has my second favorite of each.

Advantages for Arabella. Has my favorite of the body morph (one thats surprisingly easy to turn into into more realworld, less idealized proportions) Has my favorite hair of the starter bundles. Other than the eyebrows, I really love the texture.

• Eva is my favorite!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited October 2016

I have both Eva and Olympia, and Olympia is my all time favourite figure for the 7 line. I absolutely adore her and she is in probably 90% of my portrait renders. And I tend to use her skin on any other character I use. In her starter bundle, the Trendsetter outfit is probably my favourite contemporary outfit to use (I also have the add on textures). I just love that shirt. 

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,153

Yes

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited October 2016

Looks like the poles are in:

Bethany - 2

Arabella - 3

Eva - 5

Olympia - 9

And three votes for Olympia 6. lol :)

Looks like Olympia 7 is the clear winner. 

Thanks for your opinions and help guys! :)

If I use my coupon I could get Olympia 7 starter bundle for $16.04. That's so tempting! That's about $2.67 per item in the bundle. Ahhhhh Why you have to tempt me Daz, why? lol

Post edited by 3Diva on