3D Art Freebie Challenge -- October: Double Bubble Toil and Trouble -- Main Thread

24

Comments

  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,847

    Thank You. I have corrected my entry in the entries thread.

  • EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 293

    Toil and Trouble

    Not counting: Genesis Child, Sally Mae Hair, Michael 4 (x2), Victoria 4, RDNA Scatters, Shrunken Head

    # = requires free registration

    1) Zelte und Rucksack (campfire) #
    2) Rose's Western V4/A4/S4 #
    3) Western Textures Set 2 For Rose's Western V4 #
    4) Witch Hat #
    5) Monster High Edition for Vic4 (witch's skin) #
    6) d-jpp-morphing baton #
    7) Old Trees for Daz 4.6 and Poser 10 #
    8) F3D_Ruins Elven Portal #
    9) Shadow Serpent Figure (2nd item from the top)
    10) Stonehenge #
    11) Disparate Morphing Broom #
    12) Pumpkin Free #
    13) A Skeleton #
    14) Shape Magic Halloween Kit (cauldron) #
    15) SCoM #
    16) faerie door #
    17) FX Daz Studio #
    18) Fennja's Mushrooms #
    19) Skull #
    20) AAL Plasmaball #
    21) Love Fairy Outfit #
    22) Love Fairy V4 #
    23) Wrist-Neck Restraints #
    24) 10ft Easy Pose Chain #
    25) Second Earth Ogre #
    26) Ogre's Club #
    27) AllenArt Drinking Glass prop for Iray with shaders (bubbles prop was used) #
    28) Witchy Face Morph For V4 #
    29) Indian outfit for M2 (ogres' loincloth) #

    Paid:
    * Millennium Cat #
    * Liquid Pack #

    toilntrouble2.png
    1068 x 878 - 1M
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,115
    jonttex82 said:

    Toil and Trouble

    Not counting: Genesis Child, Sally Mae Hair, Michael 4 (x2), Victoria 4, RDNA Scatters, Shrunken Head

    # = requires free registration

    1) Zelte und Rucksack (campfire) #
    2) Rose's Western V4/A4/S4 #
    3) Western Textures Set 2 For Rose's Western V4 #
    4) Witch Hat #
    5) Monster High Edition for Vic4 (witch's skin) #
    6) d-jpp-morphing baton #
    7) Old Trees for Daz 4.6 and Poser 10 #
    8) F3D_Ruins Elven Portal #
    9) Shadow Serpent Figure (2nd item from the top)
    10) Stonehenge #
    11) Disparate Morphing Broom #
    12) Pumpkin Free #
    13) A Skeleton #
    14) Shape Magic Halloween Kit (cauldron) #
    15) SCoM #
    16) faerie door #
    17) FX Daz Studio #
    18) Fennja's Mushrooms #
    19) Skull #
    20) AAL Plasmaball #
    21) Love Fairy Outfit #
    22) Love Fairy V4 #
    23) Wrist-Neck Restraints #
    24) 10ft Easy Pose Chain #
    25) Second Earth Ogre #
    26) Ogre's Club #
    27) AllenArt Drinking Glass prop for Iray with shaders (bubbles prop was used) #
    28) Witchy Face Morph For V4 #
    29) Indian outfit for M2 (ogres' loincloth) #

    Paid:
    * Millennium Cat #
    * Liquid Pack #

    All links verified

    ENTRY ACCEPTED

    Please move to Entry Thread.

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,464
    edited October 2016

    Witchy Pooh

    So I really really like Victoria 2/Roxanne character. I thought since I was rebuilding my content library I would work on getting most of her stuff put back. Her outfit is a combination of the Wedding dress, the Swashbuckler and the Roma dress. With the use of the push modifier and the smoothing modifier I was able to make the kit bash work. That is one of the things I love and hate about DAZ Studio 4+. I do use the smoother and sub-d on Roxanne as well. You may lose some of the small details that Capsces has created but the mesh looks much better after doing these two things. Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.8 with IRay. Post work was to remove poke through and add signature.

    Freebies:
    Cat: Mesky * Mesky & Blackie by Ynaelis3D.
    Cat: Mesky: Pose * MESKY and BLACKIE KITTY SITTING by skylab.
    Enivronment: Fruit * Props Pack - Harvest Fruits by Traveler.
    Environment: Cauldron and stand * witches couldron and brooms by fairyfantastic/paula.
    Environment: Cornucopia * Props Pack - Cornucopias by Traveler.
    Environment: dried plants Grass #6 by Drew Costigan.
    Environment: Jack o'Lantern * Jack O' Lantern by Richabri.
    Environment: Jar * Very Victorian Bell Jars by Skip1871.
    Environment: Main house * Fantasy House 1 by DryJack.
    Environment: mushrooms * fennjas mushrooms by Fennja.
    Environment: Plants Mushrooms by Fringewood. Row 10 third column
    Environment: sign * Halloween-props by Petra Schmietendorf.
    Environment: Steam * 20 Smoke Transquares for Poser by SnowSultan.
    Environment: Tray * Science Equipment 01 by Dryjack.
    Evnironment: dried plants Plant #7 by Drew Costigan.
    Shader: ground, cauldron * Iray Nobiax Shaders by kaz42.
    shader: skirt Gentlemen Adventurers - Courtier by redeyecat.
    WitchyPooh: Character Roxanne for V2 by Capsces. direct link
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: hat Star Hat by Mada FaerieDreams.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: skirt Wedding Dress Pack for Vickie 1-2 by Jatex-3d.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: socks BAT KneeSocks by BatLab.
    WitchyPooh: hair * Lassie of the Seas by Pretty3D.
    * indicates free registration is required to obtain the freebie

    No Longer Available:
    Enviornment: Plant Plantoid Barry by Dinoraul.
    Environment: Curtain Curtain N090212 by Richard.
    Environment: Fire Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Apron (cape) and vest RDNA Swashbuckler For V2 by Traveler.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Shirt RDNA Roma by Traveler.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Glasses Rustic Pipe and Glasses by Eric VanDycke.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Shoes Baricther V4 Oxford Heels by Barichter Durandal.
    WitchyPooh: Texture Odyssey Rebirth by SnowSultan.

    No Counts:
    Currently the only way to get V1 is with this item Mimic Lite 3.1 V2 is V1 with additional morphs but all you need to make Roxanne work is the blMilWom.obj, which is V1.

    WitchyPooh.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 497K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 12,036
    jonttex82 said:

    Toil and Trouble

    Not counting: Genesis Child, Sally Mae Hair, Michael 4 (x2), Victoria 4, RDNA Scatters, Shrunken Head

    # = requires free registration

    1) Zelte und Rucksack (campfire) #
    2) Rose's Western V4/A4/S4 #
    3) Western Textures Set 2 For Rose's Western V4 #
    4) Witch Hat #
    5) Monster High Edition for Vic4 (witch's skin) #
    6) d-jpp-morphing baton #
    7) Old Trees for Daz 4.6 and Poser 10 #
    8) F3D_Ruins Elven Portal #
    9) Shadow Serpent Figure (2nd item from the top)
    10) Stonehenge #
    11) Disparate Morphing Broom #
    12) Pumpkin Free #
    13) A Skeleton #
    14) Shape Magic Halloween Kit (cauldron) #
    15) SCoM #
    16) faerie door #
    17) FX Daz Studio #
    18) Fennja's Mushrooms #
    19) Skull #
    20) AAL Plasmaball #
    21) Love Fairy Outfit #
    22) Love Fairy V4 #
    23) Wrist-Neck Restraints #
    24) 10ft Easy Pose Chain #
    25) Second Earth Ogre #
    26) Ogre's Club #
    27) AllenArt Drinking Glass prop for Iray with shaders (bubbles prop was used) #
    28) Witchy Face Morph For V4 #
    29) Indian outfit for M2 (ogres' loincloth) #

    Paid:
    * Millennium Cat #
    * Liquid Pack #

    Ahhh!!!  She's brewed up a radioactive snake!  Good job!

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 12,036
    DollyGirl said:

    Witchy Pooh

    So I really really like Victoria 2/Roxanne character. I thought since I was rebuilding my content library I would work on getting most of her stuff put back. Her outfit is a combination of the Wedding dress, the Swashbuckler and the Roma dress. With the use of the push modifier and the smoothing modifier I was able to make the kit bash work. That is one of the things I love and hate about DAZ Studio 4+. I do use the smoother and sub-d on Roxanne as well. You may lose some of the small details that Capsces has created but the mesh looks much better after doing these two things. Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.8 with IRay. Post work was to remove poke through and add signature.

    Freebies:
    Cat: Mesky * Mesky & Blackie by Ynaelis3D.
    Cat: Mesky: Pose * MESKY and BLACKIE KITTY SITTING by skylab.
    Enivronment: Fruit * Props Pack - Harvest Fruits by Traveler.
    Environment: Cauldron and stand * witches couldron and brooms by fairyfantastic/paula.
    Environment: Cornucopia * Props Pack - Cornucopias by Traveler.
    Environment: dried plants Grass #6 by Drew Costigan.
    Environment: Jack o'Lantern * Jack O' Lantern by Richabri.
    Environment: Jar * Very Victorian Bell Jars by Skip1871.
    Environment: Main house * Fantasy House 1 by DryJack.
    Environment: mushrooms * fennjas mushrooms by Fennja.
    Environment: Plants Mushrooms by Fringewood. Row 10 third column
    Environment: sign * Halloween-props by Petra Schmietendorf.
    Environment: Steam * 20 Smoke Transquares for Poser by SnowSultan.
    Environment: Tray * Science Equipment 01 by Dryjack.
    Evnironment: dried plants Plant #7 by Drew Costigan.
    Shader: ground, cauldron * Iray Nobiax Shaders by kaz42.
    shader: skirt Gentlemen Adventurers - Courtier by redeyecat.
    WitchyPooh: Character Roxanne for V2 by Capsces. direct link
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: hat Star Hat by Mada FaerieDreams.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: skirt Wedding Dress Pack for Vickie 1-2 by Jatex-3d.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: socks BAT KneeSocks by BatLab.
    WitchyPooh: hair * Lassie of the Seas by Pretty3D.
    * indicates free registration is required to obtain the freebie

    No Longer Available:
    Enviornment: Plant Plantoid Barry by Dinoraul.
    Environment: Curtain Curtain N090212 by Richard.
    Environment: Fire Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Apron (cape) and vest RDNA Swashbuckler For V2 by Traveler.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Shirt RDNA Roma by Traveler.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Glasses Rustic Pipe and Glasses by Eric VanDycke.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Shoes Baricther V4 Oxford Heels by Barichter Durandal.
    WitchyPooh: Texture Odyssey Rebirth by SnowSultan.

    No Counts:
    Currently the only way to get V1 is with this item Mimic Lite 3.1 V2 is V1 with additional morphs but all you need to make Roxanne work is the blMilWom.obj, which is V1.

    Now she doesn't look very menacing...um...excedpt for that shrunken head in the glass.  Is that supposed to be a witch's Mint Julep?

    Dana

  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,115
    DollyGirl said:

    Witchy Pooh

    So I really really like Victoria 2/Roxanne character. I thought since I was rebuilding my content library I would work on getting most of her stuff put back. Her outfit is a combination of the Wedding dress, the Swashbuckler and the Roma dress. With the use of the push modifier and the smoothing modifier I was able to make the kit bash work. That is one of the things I love and hate about DAZ Studio 4+. I do use the smoother and sub-d on Roxanne as well. You may lose some of the small details that Capsces has created but the mesh looks much better after doing these two things. Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.8 with IRay. Post work was to remove poke through and add signature.

    Freebies:
    Cat: Mesky * Mesky & Blackie by Ynaelis3D.
    Cat: Mesky: Pose * MESKY and BLACKIE KITTY SITTING by skylab.
    Enivronment: Fruit * Props Pack - Harvest Fruits by Traveler.
    Environment: Cauldron and stand * witches couldron and brooms by fairyfantastic/paula.
    Environment: Cornucopia * Props Pack - Cornucopias by Traveler.
    Environment: dried plants Grass #6 by Drew Costigan.
    Environment: Jack o'Lantern * Jack O' Lantern by Richabri.
    Environment: Jar * Very Victorian Bell Jars by Skip1871.
    Environment: Main house * Fantasy House 1 by DryJack.
    Environment: mushrooms * fennjas mushrooms by Fennja.
    Environment: Plants Mushrooms by Fringewood. Row 10 third column
    Environment: sign * Halloween-props by Petra Schmietendorf.
    Environment: Steam * 20 Smoke Transquares for Poser by SnowSultan.
    Environment: Tray * Science Equipment 01 by Dryjack.
    Evnironment: dried plants Plant #7 by Drew Costigan.
    Shader: ground, cauldron * Iray Nobiax Shaders by kaz42.
    shader: skirt Gentlemen Adventurers - Courtier by redeyecat.
    WitchyPooh: Character Roxanne for V2 by Capsces. direct link
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: hat Star Hat by Mada FaerieDreams.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: skirt Wedding Dress Pack for Vickie 1-2 by Jatex-3d.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: socks BAT KneeSocks by BatLab.
    WitchyPooh: hair * Lassie of the Seas by Pretty3D.
    * indicates free registration is required to obtain the freebie

    No Longer Available:
    Enviornment: Plant Plantoid Barry by Dinoraul.
    Environment: Curtain Curtain N090212 by Richard.
    Environment: Fire Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Apron (cape) and vest RDNA Swashbuckler For V2 by Traveler.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Shirt RDNA Roma by Traveler.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Glasses Rustic Pipe and Glasses by Eric VanDycke.
    WitchyPooh: Clothing: Shoes Baricther V4 Oxford Heels by Barichter Durandal.
    WitchyPooh: Texture Odyssey Rebirth by SnowSultan.

    No Counts:
    Currently the only way to get V1 is with this item Mimic Lite 3.1 V2 is V1 with additional morphs but all you need to make Roxanne work is the blMilWom.obj, which is V1.

    All links verified

    ENTRY ACCEPTED

    Please move to Entry Thread.

  • DollyGirl said:

    No Longer Available:
    Environment: Fire Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke.

    Wow, you found it. I looked and looked but couldn't find a link to the fire. I dug thru all my readme files and prop lists and came up bupkis.
    Thanks for the non link. I always try to give artist credit when possible. It's only fair.

    I've been playing with DAZ Studio for over 8 years and in this time, I have gone on many a freebie hunt.
    To the point where I have over 250gb of zipped Poser props on my storage drive. Both free & paid. Share3D is your friend.
    I have about 80gb of DAZ weekly freebies I've 'Purchased' from the DAZ store, plus all the Christmas stuff.
    Plus 89gb of 2D & 3D software, freeware, trial & paid. With a copy of every free version of DAZ Studio.
    If I could DL it for free I grabbed it, wither I needed or could use it or not.

    OK.. I'm a pack rat. I have a lot of stuff that has not yet hit my multiple runtimes.
    Thing is, I didn't always get the web address or the artist name for all the props.
    So I spend more time looking for links than I do in making the render. I spent a day looking for anything on the fire & came up empty.
    So once again, thanks for the INFO.

    Before you ask, I have a copy of everything on a 1tb USB drive plus it's all burned to a stack of DVDs. Backup, backup, backup.

    Dolly, I feel for you and your rebuilt runtime. I just moved from winXP to win7.
    Even though I made a complete copy of all my DAZ directorys, my saved scene files were messed up.
    Now I find some of my normal programs don't work under win7. (Example DDS convert)

    Anyways, I like your render, just shows I need to get out of my rut.

  • EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 293
    edited October 2016

    Entry #2. This entry is based of what I think a normal Halloween would be based on North American entertainment, since we don't celebrate Halloween here.

     

    Slice of Halloween

    Not counting: Genesis Child (x6), Sally Mae Hair, Duke Hair, Aldora Hair (x2), Genesis Male, Duke Hair, Genesis 2 Female, Toulouse Hair, Genesis 2 Male, Basic Hair, Real-Paintings-Poser-BAR-CODE (link I had for these, didn't work anymore)

    # = requires free registration

    1) Large Tree #
    2) Toilet Paper
    3) G2M Casual Shoes (toilet paper boy) #
    4) Genesis Shoes #
    5) Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers (toilet paper boy) #
    6) G2M Jacket (toilet paper boy) #
    7) Genesis 2 Children (toilet paper boy) #
    8) Genesis Jester Outfit #
    9) Genesis Elegant Dress - 1 & 2 #
    10) Genesis Pinstripe Suit #
    11) Halloween Bag (x2) -  #
    12) Hell-O-Ween Candy (bag used once and candies multiple times/places) -  #
    13) The Morphing Pumpkins #
    14) Mock's (fixed) Jack-o-Lantern #
    15) Wooden Bowl #
    16) Ghastly's Ghastly Ghosts (genesis 1) #
    17) Bunny Tales for Genesis #
    18) Genesis Ballet Outfit #
    19) Pup's Glow Wings #
    20) Genesis 2 Female Shift Dress (lady at the door) #
    21) G2F Sandals (lady at the door) # 
    22) Porch light prop #
    23) Asian Luxuries Rattan Table #
    24) Sgreco1970's Magazine Model #
    25) 13 Textures for Sgreco1970's magazine prop #
    26) Flatscreen TV #
    27) Complete Living Room for Poser (sofa) #

    Paid:
    * Victorian House #
    * Let's Put On A Show (top hat, tiara and moustache) #

    The ground was made with a primitive and a grass texture found online.

    halloween3.png
    1070 x 878 - 1M
    Post edited by Eurocoin on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,115
    jonttex82 said:

    Entry #2. This entry is based of what I think a normal Halloween would be based on North American entertainment, since we don't celebrate Halloween here.

     

    Slice of Halloween

    Not counting: Genesis Child (x6), Sally Mae Hair, Duke Hair, Aldora Hair (x2), Genesis Male, Duke Hair, Genesis 2 Female, Toulouse Hair, Genesis 2 Male, Basic Hair, Real-Paintings-Poser-BAR-CODE (link I had for these, didn't work anymore)

    # = requires free registration

    1) Large Tree #
    2) Toilet Paper
    3) G2M Casual Shoes (toilet paper boy) #
    4) Genesis Shoes #
    5) Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers (toilet paper boy) #
    6) G2M Jacket (toilet paper boy) #
    7) Genesis 2 Children (toilet paper boy) #
    8) Genesis Jester Outfit #
    9) Genesis Elegant Dress - 1 & 2 #
    10) Genesis Pinstripe Suit #
    11) Halloween Bag (x2) -  #
    12) Hell-O-Ween Candy (bag used once and candies multiple times/places) -  #
    13) The Morphing Pumpkins #
    14) Mock's (fixed) Jack-o-Lantern #
    15) Wooden Bowl #
    16) Ghastly's Ghastly Ghosts (genesis 1) #
    17) Bunny Tales for Genesis #
    18) Genesis Ballet Outfit #
    19) Pup's Glow Wings #
    20) Genesis 2 Female Shift Dress (lady at the door) #
    21) G2F Sandals (lady at the door) # 
    22) Porch light prop #
    23) Asian Luxuries Rattan Table #
    24) Sgreco1970's Magazine Model #
    25) 13 Textures for Sgreco1970's magazine prop #
    26) Flatscreen TV #
    27) Complete Living Room for Poser (sofa) #

    Paid:
    * Victorian House #
    * Let's Put On A Show (top hat, tiara and moustache) #

    The ground was made with a primitive and a grass texture found online.

    All links verified

    ENTRY ACCEPTED

    Please move to Entry Thread

  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited October 2016

    Hey dere! It's dat time o' year again...Halla'weens! Ah, Halla'weens...dere's a chill in da air an' da frost is on da pumpkins...and da punpkins is in da beer!
    Me an' Big Eddie Mac, we got t'inkin' da udder day, y'know, everybody an' dere brudder is openin' up dese micro-breweries 'round here in da City. Hey, dere's a half dozen on da block I lives on right now! So we got t' t'inkin', y'know we could open up our own brewery too, y'know. An' since all dese guys is comin' out wit Halla'weens beers I come up wit da perfect beer for da season...Cayenne Jalapeno Pumpkin Spice Beer! Big Eddie Mac, he wanted t' add bacon to da mix but I sez dat was a little too much. Now da we had dis really hot idea...in more ways den one!...we hadda do alla our brewmasterin' in secret so dat the compitition don't steals our formula. It jus' so happens dat I got a cousin who's best friend's uncle has gots a farm out in da wilds of New Joisey so far back in da sticks dat nobody would find us. Poifect! I sez, dat'll woik! So me an' Big Eddie Mac haul alla our stuff out dere and sets up t' go to woik. So far we've been turnin' out a great run and should be ready t' hit the stores by da end udda week! So far, nobody even knows dat we're here. A poifect place to do our work. Not even dem Beer Zombies suspect dat we're out here!


    1.) JerryCan & Fuel Drums  Registration Required.
    2.) The Pumpkin  Registration Required.
    3.) Cauldron with Paddle  Go To Page 8, Top Row, 2nd Item.
    4.) Pallet or shipping skid  Registration Required.
    5.) Modern Axe  Registration Required.
    6.)  Log Pile
    7.) Hesco box  Registration Required.
    8.) Red Peppers in a Wooden Crate  Registration Required.
    9.) The Corn Stalk For Poser  Registration Required.
    10.) Barbed Wire Fence  Download Information Only. Sign Up for Link.
    11.) Jack-o'-lantern  Registration Required.
    12.) Lantern  Registration Required.
    13.) Spooky Tree 14th Item from Top.
    14.) Midnight Pirate Beach Party  Registration Required. Beer Bottles Only.


    Paid For: M4 Skin, M4 Styling Overshirt. M.I.A. Campfire, an old RDNA Freebie no longer available.
    As always, figure and prop set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork other than addition of signature and copyright notice.

    Halloween Louie 2016.jpg
    1299 x 950 - 811K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,464
    DollyGirl said:

    No Longer Available:
    Environment: Fire Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke.

    Wow, you found it. I looked and looked but couldn't find a link to the fire. I dug thru all my readme files and prop lists and came up bupkis.
    Thanks for the non link. I always try to give artist credit when possible. It's only fair.

    I've been playing with DAZ Studio for over 8 years and in this time, I have gone on many a freebie hunt.
    To the point where I have over 250gb of zipped Poser props on my storage drive. Both free & paid. Share3D is your friend.
    I have about 80gb of DAZ weekly freebies I've 'Purchased' from the DAZ store, plus all the Christmas stuff.
    Plus 89gb of 2D & 3D software, freeware, trial & paid. With a copy of every free version of DAZ Studio.
    If I could DL it for free I grabbed it, wither I needed or could use it or not.

    OK.. I'm a pack rat. I have a lot of stuff that has not yet hit my multiple runtimes.
    Thing is, I didn't always get the web address or the artist name for all the props.
    So I spend more time looking for links than I do in making the render. I spent a day looking for anything on the fire & came up empty.
    So once again, thanks for the INFO.

    Before you ask, I have a copy of everything on a 1tb USB drive plus it's all burned to a stack of DVDs. Backup, backup, backup.

    Dolly, I feel for you and your rebuilt runtime. I just moved from winXP to win7.
    Even though I made a complete copy of all my DAZ directorys, my saved scene files were messed up.
    Now I find some of my normal programs don't work under win7. (Example DDS convert)

    Anyways, I like your render, just shows I need to get out of my rut.

    Thank you. I must admit that I am a bit of a geek, myself. I have a relational database with over 14,000 entries of stuff, paid and free. I have all of my files backed up except what I had not installed on DVDs. Fortunately neither my database or my staging spreadsheet were on the drive that died. Yea I cried for about a week when it happened. Lost a lot of art work, not just the 3D stuff. My hubby has taken care of the issue though. He put in three new 2Tbite hard drives on the server and it is now mirrored and backed up. I am slowly getting some things back. Of those 14,000 entries, I have about 11,000 that have identified links associated with them. I generate my lists of freebies used from the database. I am still working on getting the format such that I can just do copy paste. I do this list for all of my projects not just the freebie contest. So if you guys get really stuck on something I might have it. You can ask and I can quickly check if I have it. I just need the zip file name and I can query the database pretty quickly.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 12,036
    DollyGirl said:

    No Longer Available:
    Environment: Fire Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke.

    Wow, you found it. I looked and looked but couldn't find a link to the fire. I dug thru all my readme files and prop lists and came up bupkis.
    Thanks for the non link. I always try to give artist credit when possible. It's only fair.

    I've been playing with DAZ Studio for over 8 years and in this time, I have gone on many a freebie hunt.
    To the point where I have over 250gb of zipped Poser props on my storage drive. Both free & paid. Share3D is your friend.
    I have about 80gb of DAZ weekly freebies I've 'Purchased' from the DAZ store, plus all the Christmas stuff.
    Plus 89gb of 2D & 3D software, freeware, trial & paid. With a copy of every free version of DAZ Studio.
    If I could DL it for free I grabbed it, wither I needed or could use it or not.

    OK.. I'm a pack rat. I have a lot of stuff that has not yet hit my multiple runtimes.
    Thing is, I didn't always get the web address or the artist name for all the props.
    So I spend more time looking for links than I do in making the render. I spent a day looking for anything on the fire & came up empty.
    So once again, thanks for the INFO.

    Before you ask, I have a copy of everything on a 1tb USB drive plus it's all burned to a stack of DVDs. Backup, backup, backup.

    Dolly, I feel for you and your rebuilt runtime. I just moved from winXP to win7.
    Even though I made a complete copy of all my DAZ directorys, my saved scene files were messed up.
    Now I find some of my normal programs don't work under win7. (Example DDS convert)

    Anyways, I like your render, just shows I need to get out of my rut.

    Concerning 3D downloads...I have over 201GB.  However, I developed a system several years ago.  I lay out that system in a tutorial on my website.  It's very helpful, or has been in the past.  I haven't been downloading like crazy, as I used to, in a few years.  I've gone to ShareCG now and then, but don't get much and it's been months since my last visit, I think.

    As for things not running in Windows 7, try looking at the exectutable files in File Explorer, right-click, and select Properties.  In the dialog box, click on the Compatibility tab, click on the checkbox Run this program in compatibility mode for: and from the drop-down below that, select Windows XP and the service pack (3 is the latest and best choice).  See if that helps.

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 12,036
    jonttex82 said:

    Entry #2. This entry is based of what I think a normal Halloween would be based on North American entertainment, since we don't celebrate Halloween here.

     

    Slice of Halloween

    Not counting: Genesis Child (x6), Sally Mae Hair, Duke Hair, Aldora Hair (x2), Genesis Male, Duke Hair, Genesis 2 Female, Toulouse Hair, Genesis 2 Male, Basic Hair, Real-Paintings-Poser-BAR-CODE (link I had for these, didn't work anymore)

    # = requires free registration

    1) Large Tree #
    2) Toilet Paper
    3) G2M Casual Shoes (toilet paper boy) #
    4) Genesis Shoes #
    5) Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers (toilet paper boy) #
    6) G2M Jacket (toilet paper boy) #
    7) Genesis 2 Children (toilet paper boy) #
    8) Genesis Jester Outfit #
    9) Genesis Elegant Dress - 1 & 2 #
    10) Genesis Pinstripe Suit #
    11) Halloween Bag (x2) -  #
    12) Hell-O-Ween Candy (bag used once and candies multiple times/places) -  #
    13) The Morphing Pumpkins #
    14) Mock's (fixed) Jack-o-Lantern #
    15) Wooden Bowl #
    16) Ghastly's Ghastly Ghosts (genesis 1) #
    17) Bunny Tales for Genesis #
    18) Genesis Ballet Outfit #
    19) Pup's Glow Wings #
    20) Genesis 2 Female Shift Dress (lady at the door) #
    21) G2F Sandals (lady at the door) # 
    22) Porch light prop #
    23) Asian Luxuries Rattan Table #
    24) Sgreco1970's Magazine Model #
    25) 13 Textures for Sgreco1970's magazine prop #
    26) Flatscreen TV #
    27) Complete Living Room for Poser (sofa) #

    Paid:
    * Victorian House #
    * Let's Put On A Show (top hat, tiara and moustache) #

    The ground was made with a primitive and a grass texture found online.

    Really well done!

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 12,036

    Hey dere! It's dat time o' year again...Halla'weens! Ah, Halla'weens...dere's a chill in da air an' da frost is on da pumpkins...and da punpkins is in da beer!
    Me an' Big Eddie Mac, we got t'inkin' da udder day, y'know, everybody an' dere brudder is openin' up dese micro-breweries 'round here in da City. Hey, dere's a half dozen on da block I lives on right now! So we got t' t'inkin', y'know we could open up our own brewery too, y'know. An' since all dese guys is comin' out wit Halla'weens beers I come up wit da perfect beer for da season...Cayenne Jalapeno Pumpkin Spice Beer! Big Eddie Mac, he wanted t' add bacon to da mix but I sez dat was a little too much. Now da we had dis really hot idea...in more ways den one!...we hadda do alla our brewmasterin' in secret so dat the compitition don't steals our formula. It jus' so happens dat I got a cousin who's best friend's uncle has gots a farm out in da wilds of New Joisey so far back in da sticks dat nobody would find us. Poifect! I sez, dat'll woik! So me an' Big Eddie Mac haul alla our stuff out dere and sets up t' go to woik. So far we've been turnin' out a great run and should be ready t' hit the stores by da end udda week! So far, nobody even knows dat we're here. A poifect place to do our work. Not even dem Beer Zombies suspect dat we're out here!


    1.) JerryCan & Fuel Drums  Registration Required.
    2.) The Pumpkin  Registration Required.
    3.) Cauldron with Paddle  Go To Page 8, Top Row, 2nd Item.
    4.) Pallet or shipping skid  Registration Required.
    5.) Modern Axe  Registration Required.
    6.)  Log Pile
    7.) Hesco box  Registration Required.
    8.) Red Peppers in a Wooden Crate  Registration Required.
    9.) The Corn Stalk For Poser  Registration Required.
    10.) Barbed Wire Fence  Download Information Only. Sign Up for Link.
    11.) Jack-o'-lantern  Registration Required.
    12.) Lantern  Registration Required.
    13.) Spooky Tree 14th Item from Top.
    14.) Midnight Pirate Beach Party  Registration Required. Beer Bottles Only.


    Paid For: M4 Skin, M4 Styling Overshirt. M.I.A. Campfire, an old RDNA Freebie no longer available.
    As always, figure and prop set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork other than addition of signature and copyright notice.

    I've been waiting for this!  laugh  Perfect recipe, there, with the irradiated peppers...drunks will glow in the dark on Halloween night!   laugh

    Dana

  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,115

    Hey dere! It's dat time o' year again...Halla'weens! Ah, Halla'weens...dere's a chill in da air an' da frost is on da pumpkins...and da punpkins is in da beer!
    Me an' Big Eddie Mac, we got t'inkin' da udder day, y'know, everybody an' dere brudder is openin' up dese micro-breweries 'round here in da City. Hey, dere's a half dozen on da block I lives on right now! So we got t' t'inkin', y'know we could open up our own brewery too, y'know. An' since all dese guys is comin' out wit Halla'weens beers I come up wit da perfect beer for da season...Cayenne Jalapeno Pumpkin Spice Beer! Big Eddie Mac, he wanted t' add bacon to da mix but I sez dat was a little too much. Now da we had dis really hot idea...in more ways den one!...we hadda do alla our brewmasterin' in secret so dat the compitition don't steals our formula. It jus' so happens dat I got a cousin who's best friend's uncle has gots a farm out in da wilds of New Joisey so far back in da sticks dat nobody would find us. Poifect! I sez, dat'll woik! So me an' Big Eddie Mac haul alla our stuff out dere and sets up t' go to woik. So far we've been turnin' out a great run and should be ready t' hit the stores by da end udda week! So far, nobody even knows dat we're here. A poifect place to do our work. Not even dem Beer Zombies suspect dat we're out here!


    1.) JerryCan & Fuel Drums  Registration Required.
    2.) The Pumpkin  Registration Required.
    3.) Cauldron with Paddle  Go To Page 8, Top Row, 2nd Item.
    4.) Pallet or shipping skid  Registration Required.
    5.) Modern Axe  Registration Required.
    6.)  Log Pile
    7.) Hesco box  Registration Required.
    8.) Red Peppers in a Wooden Crate  Registration Required.
    9.) The Corn Stalk For Poser  Registration Required.
    10.) Barbed Wire Fence  Download Information Only. Sign Up for Link.
    11.) Jack-o'-lantern  Registration Required.
    12.) Lantern  Registration Required.
    13.) Spooky Tree 14th Item from Top.
    14.) Midnight Pirate Beach Party  Registration Required. Beer Bottles Only.


    Paid For: M4 Skin, M4 Styling Overshirt. M.I.A. Campfire, an old RDNA Freebie no longer available.
    As always, figure and prop set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork other than addition of signature and copyright notice.

    All links verified

    ENTRY ACCEPTED

    Please move to Entry Thread

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,464

    Hey dere! It's dat time o' year again...Halla'weens! Ah, Halla'weens...dere's a chill in da air an' da frost is on da pumpkins...and da punpkins is in da beer!
    Me an' Big Eddie Mac, we got t'inkin' da udder day, y'know, everybody an' dere brudder is openin' up dese micro-breweries 'round here in da City. Hey, dere's a half dozen on da block I lives on right now! So we got t' t'inkin', y'know we could open up our own brewery too, y'know. An' since all dese guys is comin' out wit Halla'weens beers I come up wit da perfect beer for da season...Cayenne Jalapeno Pumpkin Spice Beer! Big Eddie Mac, he wanted t' add bacon to da mix but I sez dat was a little too much. Now da we had dis really hot idea...in more ways den one!...we hadda do alla our brewmasterin' in secret so dat the compitition don't steals our formula. It jus' so happens dat I got a cousin who's best friend's uncle has gots a farm out in da wilds of New Joisey so far back in da sticks dat nobody would find us. Poifect! I sez, dat'll woik! So me an' Big Eddie Mac haul alla our stuff out dere and sets up t' go to woik. So far we've been turnin' out a great run and should be ready t' hit the stores by da end udda week! So far, nobody even knows dat we're here. A poifect place to do our work. Not even dem Beer Zombies suspect dat we're out here!


    1.) JerryCan & Fuel Drums  Registration Required.
    2.) The Pumpkin  Registration Required.
    3.) Cauldron with Paddle  Go To Page 8, Top Row, 2nd Item.
    4.) Pallet or shipping skid  Registration Required.
    5.) Modern Axe  Registration Required.
    6.)  Log Pile
    7.) Hesco box  Registration Required.
    8.) Red Peppers in a Wooden Crate  Registration Required.
    9.) The Corn Stalk For Poser  Registration Required.
    10.) Barbed Wire Fence  Download Information Only. Sign Up for Link.
    11.) Jack-o'-lantern  Registration Required.
    12.) Lantern  Registration Required.
    13.) Spooky Tree 14th Item from Top.
    14.) Midnight Pirate Beach Party  Registration Required. Beer Bottles Only.


    Paid For: M4 Skin, M4 Styling Overshirt. M.I.A. Campfire, an old RDNA Freebie no longer available.
    As always, figure and prop set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork other than addition of signature and copyright notice.

    Where did you get those chile peppers on the right side of the picture, please? Please? Please? Informed people want to know!

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,464
    DanaTA said:

    Now she doesn't look very menacing...um...excedpt for that shrunken head in the glass.  Is that supposed to be a witch's Mint Julep?

    Dana

    That is Barry 2 screaming at the top of his voice. Tinie tiny voice. Barry 1 unfortunately is taking another approach and making faces at her. As you can see, it is not working.

  • DollyGirl said:

    Where did you get those chile peppers on the right side of the picture, please? Please? Please? Informed people want to know!

    Uh...well,...I had to make them...sort of. I found an image of a string of peppers on line, took the image into Photoshop and tweaked it a bit to make it longer and a bit higher contrast. Bryce has the ability to take an image and use it as a template to create a terrain to get the surface features. I then applied the image to the terrain and scaled it to the size I needed. It's a real cheat, but I couldn't find a 3D model of a string of peppers like I needed. It is possible to export a terrain from Bryce as an .obj, but the bloat up something awful, like to 32 meg or so. This makes it real impractical for use in any other program, like Studio. I've used this method for lots of little things in the past, like plastic signs and stuff. I wish I had better news...sorry.

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,229
    edited October 2016

    Hi.  Haven't tried the freebie challenge before. Here is a work in progress but please tell me if I am doing anything wrong.  It is titled "Witch's Brood" 

     

    Here is my list of freebies and purchased products.  In additiion, I used a primitive cube and a primitive cylinder, a terrain, and a realistic sky in Carrara.  Do those count against me?  If so, are they freebies if they came with the program?

     

    Freebies from website requiring registration and sign in.
    Jims Book  https://www.sharecg.com/v/66786/browse/11/Poser/20-Page-Poseable-Book
    Galadrieal Dress for K4  https://www.sharecg.com/v/43305/browse/11/Poser/Kids-4-Galadriel-Outfit-Dress-or-Tunic
    Fantasy House 3  https://www.sharecg.com/v/59807/browse/11/Poser/Fantasy-House-3
    Ratty Mouse   http://www.sharecg.com/v/47414/browse/11/Poser/Ratty-Mouse
    Hawk and Poses  http://www.sharecg.com/v/49422/related/1/3D-and-2D-Art/3D-Hawk-Model-Still
    Endor Braids for V3 and V4  http://www.sharecg.com/v/64115/browse/11/Poser/Endor-Braids-for-V3-and-V4
    Easter Sunday Dress for K4   http://www.sharecg.com/v/61167/browse/11/Poser/Easter-Sunday-Outfit-for-Kids-4
    Freebies From Daz
    The Callie Outfit for V4   http://www.daz3d.com/the-callie-outfit
    Cannisters and Pans  http://www.daz3d.com/canisters-and-pans
    From that other store's freebie section
    Witch's hat and broom   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/witchs-hat-and-broom/76676
    Helloween candy   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/hell-o-ween-candy/76585
    From Most Digital Creations
    V4 Halloween Head Morph (not in this WIP yet)   http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_15.htm

    Purchased

    Travelers Plants  http://www.daz3d.com/rdna-foliage-grass-clumps-1

     

    Base figures

    2 K4s and 1 V4.

    Freebie WIP.jpg
    800 x 600 - 49K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • thenotoriousjedthenotoriousjed Posts: 397
    edited October 2016
    trick or treat.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 818K
    Post edited by thenotoriousjed on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,383

    Hey, diomede, welcome to the Freebie Challenge! Regarding your questions, I cannot give you a definitive answer as I am not an official for the challenge. However, I can fairly confidently answer some, as these types of issues have been asked and answered before. So here goes:

     "If so, are they freebies if they came with the program?"

    Technically, if the content came with a purchased software package, then the content is not free. For example Carrara is not a free program and you needed to purchase it to get the content. Similarly, the content that comes with Poser is technically not free as one needs to purchase Poser to get it. The question of whether the Carrara content must count against your Paid content limit is a bit trickier. I wouldn't expect the primitives would count, but I can't say about the terrain and sky - you'll need to wait for Kismet or one of the other admins to make the call. Assuming that they aren't going to get hung up on the primitives, then even if they were to rule that the other two items qualify as Paid items, that still would give you a total of three, which is the number allowed by the rules.

    I assume that you are actually working and rendering in Carrara?

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    diomede said:

    Here is my list of freebies and purchased products.  In additiion, I used a primitive cube and a primitive cylinder, a terrain, and a realistic sky in Carrara.  Do those count against me?  If so, are they freebies if they came with the program?

    Not freebies, but also not paid for as they are an essential part of Carrara, so they are No Counts.     However any of the normally paid for content which came with C8.5 would have to be considered as paid for items. By this I mean the Gemnesis stuff. I forget exactly what we did get, but I do know it was quite a large amount of stuff for genesis figures.

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,229

    Thanks for the clarification, SixDs and Chohole.  I think I should be OK then. For example, the sky is from inserting and adjusting the default sky, not from a store bought product to be used in the sky channel such as one of Tim Payne's sky products. Same is true for the terrain.  It is just from inserting the default terrain, not from one of Howie Farkes' for sale sets or similar.  Probably should be treated the same as a default terrain and default sky in Bryce would be treated if the person then edited them a little. In this case, even if editing the default terrain and sky counted as purchased, it would still be under my limit, if I understand correctly.  I did not use any of the products that currently come bundled with Carrara that one would normally have to buy. 

  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,115
    diomede said:

    Thanks for the clarification, SixDs and Chohole.  I think I should be OK then. For example, the sky is from inserting and adjusting the default sky, not from a store bought product to be used in the sky channel such as one of Tim Payne's sky products. Same is true for the terrain.  It is just from inserting the default terrain, not from one of Howie Farkes' for sale sets or similar.  Probably should be treated the same as a default terrain and default sky in Bryce would be treated if the person then edited them a little. In this case, even if editing the default terrain and sky counted as purchased, it would still be under my limit, if I understand correctly.  I did not use any of the products that currently come bundled with Carrara that one would normally have to buy. 

    If it is a default item with a program is it considered a No Count.  It is not something anyone else who does not have the program can use (AKA a Freebie) and it is not something you purchased to use with the program (a purchased item).  Since you have indicated your image is a WIP I will not verify the links until you post your finished image.

     

    Please keep in mind when submitting your final image and freebie link list you need to indicate which sites require registration like ShareCG.  You can do this by simply stating it requires registration, you can use an asterisk, or whatever method you prefer.

     

  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,115
    edited October 2016

    Is UG! being tricked or treated? What to do with a little baby?

    Free items

    *Halloween Eye Bat - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74391

    *Patches - http://www.sharecg.com/v/7720/browse/11/Poser/Patches

    *Halloween for Patches - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74407

    *Barrel - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74716

    *The Fence - http://www.sharecg.com/v/78160/browse/11/Poser/THE-FENCE

    *Freaky Tree - http://www.sharecg.com/v/72863/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Freaky-Tree

    *Terrain - https://www.sharecg.com/v/83553/view/21/DAZ-Studio/TerrainAll-Grass

    UG! - http://www.3duniverse.co.za/store/product/?UG

    Pippen Basket - http://kctc.francemi.net/

    RDNA Flowerlings - http://www.daz3d.com/rdna-flowerlings

    Shrunken Heads - http://www.daz3d.com/shrunken-head

    Cookie Witch (Cauldren + spoon) - http://trumarcar.francemi.net/cookiechip_tc.htm

    Half moon and Kiki Castle By Sam 3D - Link?

    Paid

    Skies of Economy

    Grass Shader for Daz

    *requires registration

     

    Please indicate in your Freebie list which sites require registration, ie:  ShareCG and Renderosity.  Please see the example I provided in your list.

    All links verified

    ENTRY ACCEPTED

    Please move to Entry Thread

    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Is UG! being tricked or treated? What to do with a little baby?

    Sorry to nitpic, but you need to list the baby! laugh

  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 5,899

    Is UG! being tricked or treated? What to do with a little baby?

    Sorry to nitpic, but you need to list the baby! laugh

    He did list the baby she/he is called Pippen Basket

  • Is UG! being tricked or treated? What to do with a little baby?

    Sorry to nitpic, but you need to list the baby! laugh

    He did list the baby she/he is called Pippen Basket

    Yep. Thanks Sapphirewild.

  • Sorry, my bad, I didn't look deep in the sidebar and missed it.

Sign In or Register to comment.