Let's make it official with an introduction!

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
edited December 1969 in New Users

I typed an intro a few weeks ago but wasn't sure to spill too much about myself and decided to see if I would stick around first.
Guess I did :)
Yes it seems DAZ and I are a great match and I am really happy with the friendly and helpful community here!
I feel the software can help me to lift my creativity to a new level and I love to shop around for new items.

I've been drawing and using computers since I was a little kid (yeah, I had Spectrum Sinclair that used tapes!) and it's awesome that with 3D software I can combine the two.
I can be a bit social awkward at times, but don't let that scare you away ;)

I hope to stick around for a looong, long time and share some great creative moments together~
Thanks for all the great people who've helped me solving and answering those pesky newbie questions, you guys (and gals) rock!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Glad you are going to stay, and that you enjoy it here.

I had a Sinclair myself, but a ZX81. It was a start :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

It's nice to see someone starting a "Hey, I'm sticking around" thread. ;) Welcome, and have fun.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Enjoy yourself that's really what it's all about. Does a Commodore Vic 20 make me old?

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Does a Commodore Vic 20 make me old?

Yup, it does ;)
    I was never a Commodore user myself, although we had one at home.
    The Sinclair was much more accessible for me to when I wanted to make my own games.

Oh, look!
    This guy is trying out some 3D:
    LOL at that awkward indexfinger and the look of "I have no idea what I'm doing" face XD

zx_spectrum_ad.jpg
    500 x 359 - 66K
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    (yeah, I had Spectrum Sinclair that used tapes!)

That brings back some precious memories. I had one of these too, with a whopping 16kb RAM. Loading from a tapedeck, typing in code from a book. Playing Attic Attack and Jet Pack...

Those were the days :lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I still have a Spectrum stored in a box under the bed in the spare room., but it isn't mine it is my Son's, he is hoping that if he keeps it long enough it will fund his retirement.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Enjoy yourself that's really what it's all about. Does a Commodore Vic 20 make me old?

Then I guess a Commodore Pet would make me older.

http://www.commodore.ca/gallery/brochures/misc/Commodore_PET_Poster.jpg

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Oh wow, it has a dual floppy drive!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

My first computer was an IBM XT Clone 386 with one 3 1/2" and one 5 1/4" floppy drives and a hard drive, though I don't recall how much storage the hard drive had. It had an 8086 processor and ran on MS-DOS 3.0, though I finally upgraded to MS-DOS 5.0 a year or 2 before I finally bought my first Windows 95 based computer.

Oh, and I still have that sucker, which I bought back in late 1988 or early 1989, together with 2 small laptops, sitting on the bottom of one of the closets. One of these days I'll get rid of them. :coolsmirk:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Oh wow, it has a dual floppy drive!

Ha, fancy stuff - the ones at school were tape only.

My (the family's) first computer was post_PET, but pre-Spectrum - an Acorn Atom, upgraded to 12KB of RAM.

Atom-front.jpg
    1328 x 744 - 153K
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I remember William Shatner advertising those...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Our first computer was a Franklin Ace. My brother chose it because it had 2K of RAM but could be expanded to 8K.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Our first computer was a Franklin Ace. My brother chose it because it had 2K of RAM but could be expanded to 8K.

Shame about it being carried off by pteranodons, wasn't it?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Shame about it being carried off by pteranodons, wasn't it?LOL! I was thinking they lost it when pangea broke up into the different contenents.