Still Genesis in 4.5.1.6 (Solved)

edited November 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

hello everyone. when i first upgraded from studio 4 to 4.5 i had a strange issue that i fixed by going to this post http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10820/. but the problem has returned after some time with a completely different set of morphs this one in fact
*** Scene Cleared ***
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5137): Unsupported formula: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/surreality/MMPaloma/MMPaloma.dsf
File loaded in 0 min 3.3 sec.
Loaded file: Genesis.duf
Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
Loaded file: PBMV5BreastsUpwardSlope.dsf
Loaded file: FBMVictoria5Sprmdl.dsf
Loaded file: FBMVictoria5.dsf
Loaded file: PBMNavelOut.dsf
Loaded file: PBMBreastsSize.dsf
Loaded file: PBMNavel.dsf

now these are all important morphs that i use frequently so i would prefer to not remove them if possible.
any help at all would be helpful Thank you.

Post edited by amrty01_076e2c5ea7 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

So are the morphs not working, or do you just get the warning but the morphs appear to work?

• edited December 1969

They are all working fine the error isnt what i am having issues with. the problem is that when i load a default Genesis it looks almost exactly like a female character i made instead of the default Genesis. i was hoping for a way for it to stop auto loading morphs every time i load a new figure

Genesis_G.png
    729 x 825 - 128K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Looks to me if you overwrote the defualt Genesis.duf file.

Ok first in the Paramters Panes options dialogue (or Edit > Figure > Zero Figure Shape) choose "Zero Figure Shape" essentailly returning the shape back to the default shape, then Save this as Genesis.duf in the same place as the default orignal shape got installed to.

• edited December 1969

That is what i thought at first so i zeroed the figure and re saved and it kept doing it i even moved my own creation out of the same file to see if that would work and it didn't. i was going through the morph sliders a few minutes ago and realized the morphs it was loading have had there defaults changed to 1 instead of 0 so i went through and reset all of them to their natural default and resaved the morphs over the default ones and still the figure looks the same.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

From the waring in your OP may give a clue to what is happening but I am out of my comfort zone here.

DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/surreality/MMPaloma/MMPaloma.dsf this file could be whats casuing this issues...just a hunch call it. It reminds me of another freebie morph, Warrior Pincess doing the same.

Unistall this MMPaloma morph completely. You can always install it again if it doesn't have any effect. But after removing try the Zeroing and saving again to make sure. Also look in the Preferences F2 and see what the location is for the default loading of Genesis.duf. If should be in the StartUp tab, top command "Load File"

• edited December 1969

the Paloma warning has been there for a while not causing any problems so i don't think it would be causing problems now but i uninstalled it anyway then re zeroed everything and saved , the problem is still there only without the warning.

Loading Startup Scene : C:/Users/amrty01/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    File loaded in 0 min 6.4 sec.
    Loaded file: Genesis.duf
    Loaded file: PBMV5BreastsUpwardSlope.dsf
    Loaded file: FBMVictoria5Sprmdl.dsf
    Loaded file: FBMVictoria5.dsf
    Loaded file: PBMNavelOut.dsf
    Loaded file: PBMBreastsSize.dsf
    Loaded file: PBMNavel.dsf

it also keeps overwriting my morph default preferences to do this setting all the loaded morphs to their max values and setting it as default instead of the minimum

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if you used File>Support Assets>Save modified assets after applying your morphs - zero the figure's shape, then us the command again to restore the default shape on newly loaded Genesises.

• edited December 1969

i did that several times already and it still keeps loading those morphs i am beginning to think the only way to make it stop is to uninstall and reinstall them

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Since you said it looks like a morph you made, look for the dsf file for it and then rename it to something like 'mymorph.dsf.bak'. Then start DS...if Genesis loads without the morph applied, then you saved that file with the value set to 1 (or 100%, depending on how you had the values set to begin with).

• edited December 1969

i believe i said it looks like a character i made and i have already moved it to a different folder intierly

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

amrty01 said:
    i believe i said it looks like a character i made and i have already moved it to a different folder intierly

Yes...but have you renamed the dsf to a NOT dsf extension?

If the folder is anywhere in your DS content, there is a chance that it is still being found. Also, do an OS level file search for it...because there is a chance that it was also saved elsewhere in the DS content folders. Especially if you don't include author info every time you save, or if you don't use 'Save Modified Asset'...

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

1, zero figure.

2, serch change default value changed morph.you may need check hide section moprhs , too.

if default value had been changed, the zero value high light in parameter.

3 change the default value of morphs to zero by parameter setting tab.( click, small gear of each parameter)

4. save modifeid assets. (now it must be work )

if you can not find all morphs which had benn changed "default" or "current" value ,
    ask here again.

or you may need to copy folda,, and manually check one by one about each prodcut in this folda.
    \Mylibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\morphs

I often back up this folda only. then if get problem just delete then copy my back up again.

but need not everything reintstall, uninstaller can not work about your handmade morph file.(if it is the critical morph)

zerofigure.JPG
    921 x 610 - 118K
  • edited December 1969

1, zero figure.

2, serch change default value changed morph.you may need check hide section moprhs , too.

if default value had been changed, the zero value high light in parameter.

3 change the default value of morphs to zero by parameter setting tab.( click, small gear of each parameter)

4. save modifeid assets. (now it must be work)

i have done this many times already but i finally decided to uninstall and reinstall the troublesome morph packs it seems to have worked for now if it happens again i will be sure to try your folder backup thing