Blacker Magic for Millennium Girls: PT

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Has the Blacker Magic outfit ever been updated for V4 or newer figures? I really like it and have been admiring it for a while. I'd love to use it on V4 or any of the Genesis figures. (Basically if I can find a version for V4 I can get it on G2F and G3F via clones.) Is there an updated version of it somewhere? Like one of the "other stores"? Or are there any outfits that you guys know of that look like it? It's a very cool outfit that I'd love to be able to use. 

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

+1  i luv the jacket

it works on Laura3 if you use her milgirl clone figure

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited October 2016

I agree.  I wish Thorne would update it.  I just loaded it and it's an adorable outfit.  And I love that hair.  I'm going to tweak it and see if can use it on the newer figures.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

I think it got updated for Koshini, or one of Littlefox's other toons, but that's as far as I know. And that is not exactly helpful.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,906
    edited October 2016

I have converted the one for Koshini with CrossDresser to Victoria 4 and then autofitted to Victoria 7. Not the best conversion (jacket, hat and hair).

Rendered in Daz Studio iray.

V7bm01pic05.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 325K
    V7bm01pic04.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 375K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • I'm going to take a stab at Poser Pro's Fitting Room.  I don't have high hopes because there are so many details but we'll see...  Maybe it's time to actually learn how to use it.

• Well, the Fitting room maybe has potential.  This was without any tweaking at all.  It chopped up the mess in places and the rigging is out of whack (if you move her feet, the clothes stay rooted to the floor).  I was totally surprised that the texture map worked.  I was expecting major UV issues.

V4 in Blacker Magic.png
    537 x 853 - 176K
  • Artini said:

I have converted the one for Koshini with CrossDresser to Victoria 4 and then autofitted to Victoria 7. Not the best conversion (jacket, hat and hair).

Artini, I haven't used CrossDresser in ages, so I can't remember exactly how the licensing works.  They say you need license to convert TO a figure from any supported figure.  But you converted FROM Koshini and I'm not seeing her listed in the From drop-down.  It sure looks like both the From and To figure list is what I've got licenses for.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Artini said:

Artini, I haven't used CrossDresser in ages, so I can't remember exactly how the licensing works.  They say you need license to convert TO a figure from any supported figure.  But you converted FROM Koshini and I'm not seeing her listed in the From drop-down.  It sure looks like both the From and To figure list is what I've got licenses for.

You don't need a license for the FROM figure, but you do need to have it installed.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,906
    edited October 2016

Hi, You need to run XD updater to get the support for the from figures. I am using version 4 of the CrossDresser,

On more Daz Studio iray render with different materials.

V7bm02pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 261K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've been wanting to get the V4 XDresser and this is yet another reason for me to! lol :) Just need the extra money. :)

Thank you for the renders too, it looks like it would need quite a bit of tweaking for Iray - but worth it! This is such a unique and cool outfit! It would be awesome if Thorne updated it and re-released it! :)

• Thanks for the responses everyone. I've been wanting to get the V4 XDresser and this is yet another reason for me to! lol :) Just need the extra money. :)

Thank you for the renders too, it looks like it would need quite a bit of tweaking for Iray - but worth it! This is such a unique and cool outfit! It would be awesome if Thorne updated it and re-released it! :)

Actually, any new version of Black Magic would probably be more expensive than CrossDresser4.  The program is free and it's only $9.99 for a license.  Problem is once you start converting, you may want lots of licenses.

I love your new avatar, by the way.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've been wanting to get the V4 XDresser and this is yet another reason for me to! lol :) Just need the extra money. :)

Actually, any new version of Black Magic would probably be more expensive than CrossDresser4.  The program is free and it's only $9.99 for a license.  Problem is once you start converting, you may want lots of licenses.

I love your new avatar, by the way.

Thank you! :D

And yeah, I have no excuses not to get the XD4 license for V4 - it really would expand my wardrobe by a TON of items. I just need to talk hubby into letting me spend another $10 on Daz stuff (he HATES Daz lol). I try to tell him that it's less expensive than my old hobby, gaming, but he's not buying it. lol :P

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited October 2016

I agree.  I wish Thorne would update it.  I just loaded it and it's an adorable outfit.  And I love that hair.  I'm going to tweak it and see if can use it on the newer figures.

I knew that hairstyle looked familiar.... ^_^

Anyone looking for the Blacker Magic hairstyle -- it's the French Braid toony hairdo by Lady LittleFox that she refit for several figures. Here's the Cookie version: http://www.daz3d.com/cookie-mix-and-match-french-braid

Also, for PC+ members, if you're willing to spend some time refitting and reparenting, you can get the French Braid, along with 18 [!] other toony hairstyles, for $1.99 here: http://www.daz3d.com/krystal-hair-pack-1 . All of the hairs are scaled for LLF's Krystal, so need modding if your model's head is smaller.

--MW

P.S. Good eye, divamakeup. I NEED that jacket. NEED. :D

Post edited by ModernWizard on
  • Ooooh, Blacker Magic is on sale today!

--MW

Ooooh, Blacker Magic is on sale today!

--MW

Bah, figures! Now that I'm determined not to spend a penny on this site until they fix the issue with the site being down all day yesterday. 

BTW, the Koshini one is even cheaper: http://www.daz3d.com/koshini-clothing-pack-9-blacker-magic

I knew that hairstyle looked familiar.... ^_^

Anyone looking for the Blacker Magic hairstyle -- it's the French Braid toony hairdo by Lady LittleFox that she refit for several figures. Here's the Cookie version: http://www.daz3d.com/cookie-mix-and-match-french-braid

Also, for PC+ members, if you're willing to spend some time refitting and reparenting, you can get the French Braid, along with 18 [!] other toony hairstyles, for $1.99 here: http://www.daz3d.com/krystal-hair-pack-1 . All of the hairs are scaled for LLF's Krystal, so need modding if your model's head is smaller.

--MW

P.S. Good eye, divamakeup. I NEED that jacket. NEED. :D

The $2.99 hair pack looks great! WOW! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :D Wishlisted for when I'm spending money on Daz again. lol

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,543

Years ago the MGPT and Koshini versions had different, compatible texture sets (4 total).

I love the jacket but not the bodysuit. I have never understood why LLF did some of the cutouts in the mesh and others in the transparency. The UV mapping is also rather strange and makes it difficult to convert other garment textures.

If you go the Crossdresser route, you're going to have to settle for a V4 or Genesis conversion and go the rest of the way using studio.