Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Thanks for sending over the Obj batman suit, I was able to take some time last night and start the cowl, what do you think so far (M4):

Richard if you finish this......l will owe you! :)

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Yeah its awesome and I think we all may owe him

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    Rduda said:
    Thanks for sending over the Obj batman suit, I was able to take some time last night and start the cowl, what do you think so far (M4):

Richard if you finish this......l will owe you! :)

Thank who ever will be able to make my armor conform to M4, the mask was the easy part!

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited September 2012

Just say it a few seconds ago, very cool, added it to my wish list for now. I was wondering if the mask had a morph not to see the overlap of the mask across his face, to make it more like a deadpole type mask.

Post edited by rduda on
    edited December 1969

Its a stand alone figure and texture set

Joe I sent you an email

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Yeah its awesome and I think we all may owe him

BIG ditto!

I have a friend who actually purchased a suit that is a direct replica of the one from the movie. If you need pics of the original shape, I may be able to get pics if you need them for reference.

• bluelight specialbluelight special Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    TimG said:
    Isikol said:

anyway...here is a little Black Widow, pin up style kinda...

awesome

Genesis Aquaman using the Supersuit and customized shaders

Your Aquaman totally rocks Tim! WOW!

How did you make the scales for Aquaman's shirt?

edited December 1969

That is actually one of the shaders that came with the super suit

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited September 2012

Joequick said:
    lface8 said:
    Joequick said:
    Batman and sons

Three out of four of them, at any rate. Looks really good.

Yeah. Jason Todd just doesn't do it for me. I have trouble caring about characters when I don't know who they are. And, I mean, I know his story, but he just seems so radically inconsistent between appearances that I don't know who he is.
    Wish I'd seen this sooner. To each his own, I suppose. I'm really not a fan of Damian myself. I think his character is unnecessary. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Jason when Jason was Robin. Brash, often acting without thinking. Which is why when discussing him with friends, I felt that Damian could benefit from dying. Jason seems to have grown in popularity since resurfacing as Red Hood. Though, he took a bit of a detour during the Battle for the Cowl arc. At any rate, keep up the fantastic work on your creations, sir.

Post edited by lface8 on
    edited December 1969

The updated version of Jason is one of my favorite character from the DC Universe Second only to Batman Him Self.I never liked the Original Jason Todd being that even in the origins he was just a clone of Dick. The revamped version Jason was a Street Orphan who Bruce catches jacking his car. He is dark and damaged and has major control issues. His own mother betrays him plus He dies at the hands of Joker and is resurrected.

Characters do not get much darker than him. And that is why I like him so much

edited December 1969

The updated version of Jason is one of my favorite character from the DC Universe Second only to Batman Him Self.I never liked the Original Jason Todd being that even in the origins he was just a clone of Dick. The revamped version Jason was a Street Orphan who Bruce catches jacking his car. He is dark and damaged and has major control issues. His own mother betrays him plus He dies at the hands of Joker and is resurrected.

Characters do not get much darker than him. And that is why I like him so much

I wouldn't say he was a clone of Dick. While there were similarities (the parents not being in the picture for one reason or another) they were pretty much polar opposites. Where Dick was a obedient yet cocky, things with Jason tended to go in one ear and out the other. If Jason were anything like Dick, he probably wouldn't have died and been replaced with Tim. So things seem to have worked out.....except now we have Damian (ugh.)
    edited December 1969

How about Terry Mcginnis from Batman Beyond

edited December 1969

Batman Beyond had it's moments. Terry wasn't a terrible character, but wasn't anything great either. He can kind of be compared to Spider-Man in that he was a high school student fighting crime and struggling to maintain some semblance of a "normal" life which is kind of cool, I suppose.

edited December 1969

That's exactly what I say and is also exactly why I like Terry. He is Dc's version of Spiderman.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Just a superhero-themed render from 6 years ago. I made the models in Wings3D and textured and rendered in Bryce5. I was faking HDRI with reflections and a tiny bump map plus surrounding the scene with a sphere with an image map on it. A little postwork in PSE to get a "glow" effect. I think the light from the Lantern was a conical volume light.

lantern.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 192K
    edited December 1969

What happened? Did I kill this thread? :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    What happened? Did I kill this thread? :)

DARN YOU TJOHN!

You and your thead-killin' ways!

>:<</p>

• Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

This is an image I did of most of the Superman Family.

Superman_Familylg.jpg
    1740 x 863 - 613K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Like the Superman family pic. Don't know who the gal (red head) is on the far left though. Jimmy's hair looks more black than dark strawberry blonde. Actually his hair, now I'm going by the Jimmy Olson I know from the comic books, should have the red headed gals hair color! :-) Lois' face, I guess, looks more like the Margot Kidder "Lois" than other Lois's I've seen.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Been meaning to post something here for awhile since the previous forums tanked. Anyway, let me start with Classic Superman B-)

Superman003.jpg
    1750 x 1997 - 199K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Like the Superman family pic. Don't know who the gal (red head) is on the far left though. Jimmy's hair looks more black than dark strawberry blonde. Actually his hair, now I'm going by the Jimmy Olson I know from the comic books, should have the red headed gals hair color! :-) Lois' face, I guess, looks more like the Margot Kidder "Lois" than other Lois's I've seen.

The Red Head is supposed to be Lana Lang.

edited September 2012

This is an image I did of most of the Superman Family.

Well I think I've got most of them. Let's see, I don't know much about Connor Kent in the black T-shirt, except from the Smallville TV series, but I gather from the Wiki on him that he has several different origin stories. I'm guessing that's Power Girl and the Earth Two Superman with the graying temples at top left?

Great job!

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

My guesses for the elderly gentleman are Perry White... if not that (which I would bet on) then I would say Pa Kent

edited December 1969

Elderly? You mean Superman from Earth 2?

edited December 1969

I don't think it is Superman from Earth-2. I think it is Perry White in the Superman Family pick on the back left.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    I don't think it is Superman from Earth-2. I think it is Perry White in the Superman Family pick on the back left.

It's Kal-L. I am still working on figures for the Daily Planet Staff.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Gotcha. You may want to put that gold band that he had around his head in the Silver Age/Pre-Byrne days.... or you could go full on Byrne and just have him covered in Black except for his face.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

Gotcha. You may want to put that gold band that he had around his head in the Silver Age/Pre-Byrne days.... or you could go full on Byrne and just have him covered in Black except for his face.

You're thinking of Jor-L/Jor-El. Kal-L was Superman's name in the 30's and the name of the Earth 2 Version. I have a Jor-El all set. Did a lot of chars from the Superman stories just haven't rendered them all yet.

edited December 1969

Right, the REAL Supes had a different but distinct look. I LOVED the way Keith Giffen drew him in the All Star Comics in the 70's, along with Wally Wood!

This discussion has been closed.