My DAZ Studio 4.9, does not open any genesis base 2 or 3 (Female / Male) with a double click!

Hello everybody!

Suddenly after months of use without qualque problem, my DAZ Studio 4.9, does not open any genesis base 2 or 3 (Female / Male) with a double click!
I discovered that this is only possible by dragging the thumb regarding the Actor into the DAZ Studio Canvas, as well as materials, props etc for the Actor.
If I try with a double click, first get a message "If I want to save the file before opening ..." then another strange message that the file can not be found!

This error has been reported here in the forum by another member, but the same, there was no answer!

Note: The DAZ Studio 4.9, had a clean install and all the files are correctly configured the way of the necessary folders to detect DAZ
the entire library. The installation was made on March 3, 2016 and the error appeared on October 29! In this period, I got several updates for Windows 10, including Windows Defender, but DAZ Studio is the list of excluded the Firewall because of "PostgreSQL CMS," which was always blocked by the firewall!

immensely grateful to those who can help on this!

Greetings,

Gendragon3D

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Have  you installed any content rencently?

Been working on anything new in a "WIP" folder...

This is sort of indicative of a 'nested' content structure or incorrect directory listing in the Content Directory Manager. 

I run into this quite often because I have a case-sensitive file system and if I'm not careful when installing things, I end up with 'double' folders (runtime/Runtime are not the same thing on a case sensitive file system).

Some of the others possibilities are Windows updates...yeah, I know blame it on Windows (but, hey, more than half the time it IS true...)

Can you post a screenshot or log snippet of the exact error?

• Gendragon3DGendragon3D Posts: 172
    edited October 2016

Problem solved, thanks!

Reason, the path of the folder where the Genesis, were configured incorrectly!

Now everything is fine!

Thank you very much!

Gendragon3D

Post edited by Gendragon3D on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Threads merged

• Threads merged  [Problem solved, thanks!]