Ongoing problem with the Library

Hi,

for 6+ months I am fighting this, and desperate..

I install everythhing through DIM,  and it shows nice in the Library in Daz afterwards..  UNTIL  it does a meta update,  or re-import Meta data.

Then everything is messed up, and greyed out etc.

Opened up several tickets, and nothing works..   

Does anyone have this type of issue,   or  is everyone just installing through DAZ and don't use DIM. ???

If so, where are the ZIP files stored when downloaded through DAZ,  so I can move them and see if that helps any,

Support is stating that some of the files in the lib that i have showed have an arrow, and meaning that there is an update,  but i don't get those though DIM.

other then that,  the items are all Greyed out as Not installed.

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

What meta update are you doing? I use DIM, but don't get meta updates showing in DIM. I get product updates and those are fine. If you're looking at product updates through Connect, that's your problem. There is a separate location for Connect. As far as I know you can't move the DIM files into the Connect location and expect them to work. You need to make a choice. If you want meta updates (which realistically don't tend to matter much for scenes and such) then you need to install via Connect. As I siad, you will get actual product updates (i.e. patches) through DIM.

• Well as soon as ik log in with Daz on startup, it's doing a meta update in the progress bar (every startup)

that's the one causing the problem,  since items are in there to start with, and after that, then  they are messed up

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you intending to use Connect?  If not, you don't need to login at all.

• oh, I thought it was needed.

cause now,  once I deleted the CMS folder and re-installed everything in DIM,   I get like 1500+ items as dark Grey.  I have to update the meta data in order to clean some of them up.

and for some of the Encrypted ones I have..  you can only get them through connect. :(

• Yes, Connect-only encrypted items need a copy of DS that has connected to the store at least once - though you can then isntall offline using the offline installer pacakges (two per product) from the Product Library page.

• Thanks...  

So I used DIM only and not connecting anymore...   now I only have 282 items..  I am missing 2000+ items :(

so I still need to connect within Daz, to re-import Meta Data,  hense  the database will be all messed up again :(

I just don't understand that DIM is not working right... becoming real frustrating..

Guess I can do it through Daz itself, but then it needs to download a whole whopping 170 Gb of data  :(

• It's hard to say what is not working right - it could be DIM not adding items proeprly to the database, it could be DS not reading them. There is a communication failure somewhere along the line, which shouldn't be happening, but the issue is figuring out where (and how to fix it).

• I know..

I tried several clean installs,  with the CMS folder removed,  cms re-installed.
    Think I tried 100's of combinations by now.

Noticed that when everything was installed through DIM, and not connecting through Daz,  it started Migrating 950 items(?)

since I lost everything again, I connected through Daz, and it updated everything, and now I have 995 items installed and 471 not installed,  
    I just don't understand that it seems that I am the only one,  and Support can't figure it out either for 7 months..
    Would like to use the product for once, instead of buying items everytime.

• ok, installing it through DAZ now... and I see now after some installs, that there are updates for products that I already installed..

I never got this with DIM,  that there are updates for those items..   so  seems to me that DIM is having some major issues..
    Also saw in a beta, that they fixed a few items...  Since I don't work with Beta's ...    Are you using the Beta Richard?

• Are you sure the "updated" products had finished installing? Partial installs will show in the updates list - that threw me the first time I came across it.

• No, they did install complety..   some of them are also the ones  that I installed through DIM,  and showed up in that section as well.

When I check now to reimported Meta data,  there is nothing except for 1 item,  which i have no clue how to get rid of yet..

But it's still downloading all my items..

I noticed in DIM I had like 2500+ items and in DAZ only 1520 , but I see that some of them are marked as Bundle instead of all the loose items..  so that might be it?

have 800 items left...  my internet sux with the new laptop.. so  it's going half speed 

• Yes, DIM will show more items than Connect - aside friom bundles, some items will be split across multiple zips for size or because they support different figuers, and Connect will not install any PoserCF files that would make another package in DIM.

Metadata isn't the content - it's the list of the items, and the files that make them up, and is updated automatically every time you let DS connect - metadata updates/downloads and product updates/downloads are not connected.

• Well, I got them all in through DAZ.  and looking good.

Got a few hickups, but need to look when i get home tonight.

1. When I did the updates from the updates tab.  it does all of them, except for 1.

2. and I have 1 in the Install section,  (Forest Volume 1-4)  that will not download/install

3. and I have  Advanced Ambient Light that I cannot find,  but in the  Meta Data re-import it's the only one showing there..  Not sure how I can get rid of that in the database there, so it will show up in Daz as a download.

Other then that,  it looks a hell of a lot better then working with DIM

(Any suggestions about those 3 issues?)

• 1. sometimes things seem to get stuck - if the item is working you could ignore it, if not (or if it's irritating enough) you could open a support ticket

2. that would be worth reporting immediately

3. I'm not sure what you mean - if you can find it in the Products list in Smart Content you can right-click to delete then reimport metadata.

• for 3,  I cannot find it at all.   I only see it on the popup for the Meta Data import.  But it's not installed through DIM.  since that is the only one showing up in that list.

previous, everything I installed through DIM,  it was all showing under the re-import Meta Data.

and for 2,  I will open up a ticket

• The Advanced Ambient Light is not available through Connect - like a plug-in, it needs to place files in the application folder and that is not allowed (unless the application runs with elevated privileges, which it should not). The same is true of the Advanced Ambient Light and Advanced Spotlight. They will, however, show correctly if installed via DIM (or at least, my copies do).

• Aah that explains it then...   shoot... so now I need to figure out what didn't install  :(

Is there an easy way for that, or do I need to compare all my files with what is installed?

• Guess item 2  is an issue... this is what I got back 

I did speak with our Web Team and we are working on this issue. I apologize for the errors and will let you know as soon as this is resolved.