Question about Addison by Sarsa

nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if Addison by Sarsa will work in Poser without the use of the DSON Importer or DAZ Studio? The description on the product page does not make this very clear.

Thanks for any replies.

nabob21

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

It looks like you need to use DSON

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Addison have a specific installer for Victoria 4. It will work in Poser without DSON files. DSON installer is to use the Genesis version in Poser.

From the product page:

This product includes:
    1 Legacy DAZ Studio installer
    1 DSON installer
    1 Poser Companion Files installer
    1 Victoria 4 version installer

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917
    edited December 1969

Hello MBusch,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried using the Victoria 4 Installer that you have indicated but it only installs some DSON Importer related files to the Character folder and some Genesis related Mat files in the Pose Folder. There are no texture files or injection files installed at all. They only install when the DAZ Studio related files are installed. So I don't know if the installers are broken or if Addison only works in Poser through the use of the DSON Importer.

nabob21

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

nabob21 said:
    Hello MBusch,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried using the Victoria 4 Installer that you have indicated but it only installs some DSON Importer related files to the Character folder and some Genesis related Mat files in the Pose Folder. There are no texture files or injection files installed at all. They only install when the DAZ Studio related files are installed. So I don't know if the installers are broken or if Addison only works in Poser through the use of the DSON Importer.

nabob21

I tested the installer and you are correct. The installer for V4 version have the same content of the Poser Companion Files. Surely a mistake. I filled a bug report here.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917
    edited December 1969

Thanks MBusch for checking that out and sending in the bug report. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

nabob21