Is it possible to use a morph if I don't have the basis?

I just saw FWSA Frida HD for Karen 7 , which says, it's compatible to Genesis3, but needs Karen7. I don't own Karen7. Is it still possible to use the Frida skin on simple Genesis3?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes, but it won't look quite the same

• erostewerostew Posts: 214

The more of Karen 7 that was used the more different your result will be from what you see in the promos. If it was Karen 7 at 100% then it might be quite different, though it shouldn't look like a mutant or anything. The texture that comes with a character also makes a difference in the look and might smooth out the differences enough that they look pretty similar.

Basically it's really impossible to say what the final result will look like without actually using that morph without Karen 7.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524
    edited September 2016

Frida uses 75% Karen's body and 55% Karen's head. Here is a screenshot, from left to right: Genesis 3f with Frida morph only, no Karen, middle is Frida including Karen morphs and finally Karen. She looks totally usable to me without the base morph. Hope this helps.

frida.PNG
    1347 x 734 - 497K
    Post edited by nattaruk on
  • erostewerostew Posts: 214

One thing I forgot to mention: If possible check which UV set the product uses!

Most vendors seem to favour using the base G3F UV set bu tif that character uses the Karen set then you are out of luck on the texture and might want to consider another product.

• Thanks, that makes it a lot easier to decide.